What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gavitas, Og's and rockwool

RulaTone

Veteran
thanks guys.
here they have a different name/brand thats why i was asking

How much water you usually give at their peak ?

all the best

JointOperation

can I ask what nutes you run with rockwool.. is this drain to waste or what? I been wanting to do a rockwool run with a few of my strains.. as a friend of mine said his did better in rockwool especially the 2 strains I gave him .

any tips for a newb to rockwool from actual growth.. ive cloned in rockwool but that's about it.

BadRabbit

can I ask what nutes you run with rockwool.. is this drain to waste or what? I been wanting to do a rockwool run with a few of my strains.. as a friend of mine said his did better in rockwool especially the 2 strains I gave him .

any tips for a newb to rockwool from actual growth.. ive cloned in rockwool but that's about it.

Interested to hear what high grade says, but I'll chip in ... been running RW only from seed/clone table to flower room finish for almost 15 years now. GH MaxiGro and GH MaxiBloom are all you need - easy to use, ph balanced, great results. The powder form makes it easy to purchase and mix on site:

http://generalhydroponics.com/site/index.php/products/nutrients/maxi_series/

I've heard Lucas Formula is also very good, but never have used it.

I've been experiementing with koolbloom in the 5th week too lately ... haven't seen a big difference yet, but it hasn't hurt.

http://growgreenmi.com/koolbloom-2-2lbs?gclid=CJSX_bCCqMUCFc0kgQodgzgAMA

Rula, about three gallons per light. You would think it would very with plant count, but not really.

JointOp, RO water with Pure Blend Pro as a base, Some Advanced nutes, always use silica, hygrozyme, cal mag. And yes, drain to waste. they are watered by hand, with a hose from a nutrient tank and the waste water is pumped out of the room. Funny enough, we haven't been cloning in RW but rapid rooters or the like. I'll try and get some clone/veg picks up.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
I understand there are valid arguments against defoliating plants. It works for us. Though, i believe it works for us because we are packing the canopy so tight, if we didnt strip leaves we see a severe underdevelopment of flower sites. So i dont think you can see the overall result from just one plant compared to another. Its more about an application of pruning practices on a larger scale than just one plant if that makes sense,

excellent observation, i've made the same conclusion on similarly structured plants. have you guys tried rooting the clones straight into flower? might cut down on the amount of leaf you have to trim overall. for plants that don't bush out but grow viney like OG's i flower straight away after i pinch / or top. so instead of the stretch happening between the nodes it goes to the developing bud sites since there's no apical tip anymore.

if smaller plants are flowered there needs to be an increase in plant count, so really there is never a decrease in leaves to be defoliated. the canopy size remains the same.

Og's, with what i agree is a vine like growth with large internodes, is the easiest to defoliate. really though, the gavitas have such good penetration that we want to see a canopy occupy three feet vertically at a minimum. so no matter the variety, tiny clones with a small root system tend not to achieve the yield and quality we as a collective rely on.

although, one row just got replanted with a higher count and a smaller height so I'll post pics and see how that goes.

CoastalSFC

This grow must be in the San Fernando valley based on that style lol

What AN products do you use??, Also do you run any rooting products like roots excel or rapidstart?

Ollie

Veteran
Your welcome, good Work needs to be addressed :).

Also seems your strains has a relatively high calyx/leaf ratio going on.

Peace

roasthawg

Awesome setup... running close to the same thing myself as we found out thru testing that a 4" on top of a 6" is the way to go. How are your gavitas spaced out? One per 4'x4' or are they spread out more?

roasthawg

How many plants per every 4'x4' area? Looks like the main difference between our setups is plant count... maybe why you're outperforming me in yield by quite a bit. Also wondering how long you're vegging for? Thanks man, good stuff!

Latest posts

Latest posts