What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help with hydro

F

FreeUrMind

Hey icmag I started a seed in root riot & as soon as it popped out cube I put into
This net pot and has been hand watered but it's been 8 days since put into clay
And there is very little growth for 8 days.its been on Ec 0.6 since it went into net pot.think I have kept cube too wet any ideas

Attachments

• 20170723_214547.jpg
    20170723_214547.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 7
B

bigganjabud

Looks about right man you potted it about a week early ya gotta be patient in this game fella

F

FreeUrMind

Take ages man to grow.lol ave been checking it constant so in a week or too it should be growing better

B

bigganjabud

Yeah just needs to fill out the cube a bit more to see some rapid growth the first week I'm the old pots

Try this it normally works

Germ and don't move for a week
Then give another week in the bigger cubes
Then transfer to a pot fella

F

FreeUrMind

Right cool thanks bigganjabud will try it next time I have been watering 1 time in morning and 1 time at night.i thought it was dead

Last edited:
F

FreeUrMind

Thanks welderdan it just came out cube then I put into net pot and there was no roots in cube
So next time I will wait till there is loads of roots.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
It takes time, from the time you transplant until the plant (this case seedling) starts to send out roots from your starter cube. Once the roots emerge from the starter cube it will start to establish root in your new medium and then it will start to take off. If it's been 8 days, you should start to see some kind of signs of growth with in days 9-14.

Normally most people tend to let them get established by a week or a little longer before transplanting. So due to the age of your transplanted seedling it could take a little longer before it actually starts to take off.

Hey icmag I started a seed in root riot & as soon as it popped out cube I put into
This net pot and has been hand watered but it's been 8 days since put into clay
And there is very little growth for 8 days.its been on Ec 0.6 since it went into net pot.think I have kept cube too wet any ideas

The plant is on track its a tiny seedling not a clone its only got 2 little leaves. Though if its a pretty pure indica it will veg much slower than a sativa seedling so if you got a pure afghan do t expect much in the speed department there...

Its looking healthy pretty soon you can give it a littke more food and it will take off but be patient overfeeding easily kills seedlings.

You could try starting plants in rockwool cubes. Transplant the small cuve to a bigger one and when it roots the big cube put it into your system. Thats what i would personally do, going seed to system like thet. I grow in susbtrate based hydro so i dont have these kinds of problems but if i did thats jow i would solve it

F

FreeUrMind

Just found out that seedling is Girl Scout Cookies from Apeorigin thanks for info OG Expressions much appreciated

Just found out that seedling is Girl Scout Cookies from Apeorigin thanks for info OG Expressions much appreciated

Cookies veg slow as fuck! Ive got a couple cookie crosses around and they are slow but the slowest veg in the world has to be girl scout cookies x og la affie my buddy did those are so fucking slow and no stretch total yawn to grow until the buds happen. Nice fem line i quite like.