What's new

Dosidos with Current Culture h20 rdwc

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
gonna grow out 12 dosidos in the current culture 12 site 8 gals under 4k. I am planning to document the grow the whole way through and hope to learn some new things about this strain and system along the way. As of right now I have 24 cutting in the ez cloner and the 12 strongest to start will make it to the system.

picture.php

I slacked a bit and should have started this last week but today will do the cutting have been in the ezcloner for 7 days and 22 out of 24 are starting to show roots. I used a 1ml per gal of flora nova grow ph to about 5.5 then add in 10ml per gal of S.O.S (super organic stimulator) I then set my water thermostat to about 78 degrees F. For the first 2 days (every 24 hours) I check the ph and adjust ph to 5.8 until it stablizes to between 5.8-6.0. At about day 5-7 when I notice white bumps starting on the stems I'll add in Orca by plant success at 1-2ml per gal.
picture.php

Plan as of right now is to grow them out in the ez-cloner for the first 3-4 weeks then convert over to DWC buckets, or a couple homemade 6 site dwc totes to veg in until I can get them into the system. Plan on using the current culture notes as well since I am still learning and don't want to start messing around just yet. It'll be slow at first but I'll post as I move along.

B

bench warmer

Definitely subbed.

Do you use a dome over the EZ-cloner?

If not, what's the RH of the room they're in?

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
MJ, it'll be a minute before flower starts but Im new to this cut so I want to take my time.

Bench, I've never used a dome on my ez not against just never tried or felt I needed. I usually clone in my basement and as long as my water temps and ph are in range I get close to 100% roots. That being said this particular cloner is set up in an old flower room with a mini split so temps are 75-78F and 50-70% rh at all times.

billb

Veteran
A buddy of mine is growing the do-si, he loves it. I'm sure you will too. I've never tried it. I plan on growing it out in the future. Good luck and I plan on grabbing a chair
Take care

B

bench warmer

MJ, it'll be a minute before flower starts but Im new to this cut so I want to take my time.

Bench, I've never used a dome on my ez not against just never tried or felt I needed. I usually clone in my basement and as long as my water temps and ph are in range I get close to 100% roots. That being said this particular cloner is set up in an old flower room with a mini split so temps are 75-78F and 50-70% rh at all times.

Thanks for the details Otto. Gotta like near 100% cloning success. My grow room has similar parameters. I'm going to break the seal on my ez clone & see what kind of results I get.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Bench, how did things turn out? I didn't even realize they made domes for the ez cloner.

Highsteppa, good to see ya around brother been too long.

small update its day 14 in the ez cloner and 24 out 24 rooted. From here I'll probably add some light directly above right now its just side light from the veg lights. I'll add in another 10ml of flora nova grow adjust ph as necessary. I'll let em go another 2 weeks or so in the ez and start killing the weakest plants during that time.

picture.php

Last edited:
B

bench warmer

Outstanding results Otto! :good:
I haven't gotten around to using my cloner yet. (I'm a serious procrastinator tbh. :D )

Haven't seen a dome made specifically for the EZ Clone unit but I have seen domes for other brands of aeroponic closers like Botanicare's Power Cloner. I recently picked up a dome for a 144 site TurboKlone but haven't put that unit to use at all yet.

Some people claim to use a dome for the first 2 or 3 days to reduce initial wilting. Others swear against them, stating domes reduce rooting success by 15%-20%. Yet another person says a dome cuts time until roots to 11 days. Obviously, environment plays a big role whether a dome can help or hinder rooting. You certainly have your system dialled. :respect:

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Still alive and kicking over here and at the moment the cuts are still in the ez cloner but will be transplanted into the current culture system in the next 1-3 days which will be their final homes. There was enough room in the cloner and these roots don't explode like other strains I've seen in the past so I decided they be good until I can get them directly into the system.

Ive been adding 10-15 ml of flora nova grow with gh roots excel ph then 15 ml of orca every 7 days for about 5 weeks now.

picture.php

picture.php

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Goats, this morning!

Gonna let the veg process start from here, once the roots take hold they won't need much time to get big. Nets will be used eventually for now though I am gonna keep it open for easier access across the room.

picture.php

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
So ten days later and all the cuts have taken to the system and new root growth has started. This transition to the system was better then the first run but still ran into some minor issues. Got purpling on my main stems which tell me that either my blue lab ph pen is off (which wouldn't surprise me one bit) or possibly they didn't like the floranova grow in the ez cloner transferred over to the system with current culture nutrients. I'll be sure to keep a closer eye on that next time I transplant into veg.

picture.php

here is some new root growth, once I see this I know everything is gonna be fine and growth will begin to happen rapidly within another week or two.
picture.php

Here are a couple pics of the purpling stems now turning back to a stable green, ph doser keeps the range with 5.8-6.0 at all times and temps are running at 77F and 45-55% humidity so the environment is in check and the plants are starting to show it. Seeing as this is a low yielding plants I won't rush the veg time and will give as much time as needed but I am thinking it'll be 2-3 more weeks. I plan to let them get 16-18'' tall then top aggressively and place under nets.
picture.php

picture.php

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
So update and wish it could've been a much better update but Im still learning a lot about DWC and well this new strand. So first off, things seemed to be going just fine with exception to the purpling of the stems that looked to be going away. Last Friday morning I walked into the room to the sight of this....

picture.php

picture.php

Just a wilted up dying plant that looked like water hadn't touched it roots in a week. I was shocked and scared and quickly hit the internet for answers and solutions. I did an immediate Rez change out and lowered the nute solution in half. All the other plants were looking great and healthy with white rooms developing so I was just dumbfounded. 24 hours goes by and things are still looking good but now a little clawing begins but they look content still. Then Sunday morning bam....

picture.php

Another one bites the dust within 8 hours or seeing it last, same thing wilted like its roots haven't had water in a week. At this point I freak out assuming the worse and the rest are to follow. Roots are still white but admit to start seeing some brown starting to begin on the roots.

So as of today the other 10 plants are still hanging on and I do believe I will avoid seeing anymore die off (fingers crossed). Possible reasons for this issue are narrowed down to 3

1: feeding to high ec which lead to stress then turns into disease
2. Spraying of spinosad and I didn't cover the plants medium (growstones and hydrocorn)
3. Water level was too high and oxygen starvation occurred.
or
4. All of the above

Sunday and Monday more brown roots started to develop to I went by current cultures online suggestion of giving the plants a 15 sec dunk in their UC roots solution and another 15 second dunk in a product called Mycostop, I also added it to the Rez. Mycostop is just beneficials no chems or harshness. As of today their are still plenty of white roots growing with more new ones coming off the brown a little bit and things seems a little slowed up but still growing and are starting to turn around for the better I think. I was only feeding 350 ppm but should have been in the 100-200 range easily, this dosi cut combined with the system and plants want to be fed very low ec. Also transplanting from the ez cloner straight to the system maybe was a cocky move by me, if I could go back I would have put into rock wool cubes for 2-3 weeks let the root gets bigger then transplant into the system. It would of also let me know how sensitive to the food this cut is, also I can't be a bone head spray spinosad on early veg plans with small root systems and let that also get into the medium. All in all this is great I am learning a lot on hydro and plant biology in general feels good to fail sometimes weirdly enough reminds me I have so much to learn growing still.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Updated pic of this morning and current room. Def some plants are beat up and a bit stunted with others recovering....plan on changing out the Rez later today or tomorrow. Ive also started a 18-6 light schedule as of yesterday to give them a break from the lights, I usually always go 24-7 but these dosi seems sensitive to the ec and possibly the 24-7 light schedule, we will see how things look in about a week.

picture.php

B

bigganjabud

Man I got a dosi cross in the bean bag so I'm along for the ride here

Latest posts

Latest posts