What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Seeds Silver Pearl

wasgedn

i have the feeling that this big grow/breeding operations they did in 90ies are never reached again...i mean in number of plants you can select from.....
these crazy coffeshop supply system did create his own dynamics .....
neville gear is legendary...
but he should have never leaked info about that troll in mns forum....

meizzwang

Grew Silver Pearl from seeds sourced in 1999 directly from an Amsterdam coffee shop. No idea which seed company it came from, but it seems to have been a spin-off because they weren't memorable.

Fricken51

Anyone know which year SP was originally released?
If they used their good old NL to create it, I could backcross from SP-F1 to NL? Is that possible by selecting for indica phenos over one or two generations? And should I cross the F2 most indica to F1 most indica or within the F2s only (which preveously were selected on round)?
Thanx

NEED 4 SEED

Anyone know which year SP was originally released?
If they used their good old NL to create it, I could backcross from SP-F1 to NL? Is that possible by selecting for indica phenos over one or two generations? And should I cross the F2 most indica to F1 most indica or within the F2s only (which preveously were selected on round)?
Thanx

IDK but my old catalog says it has won a cup in 1994 in the mixed indica/sativa category. I had it in 1997. If you want it pure don't cross it with another strain, only make f2 or f3.....The problem with backcrossing in your case is, the NL they used for their crosses will not be the same as yours, I believe. So it won't be a backcross but an outcross and move things away from the actual Silver P. genetically.

archaicatoms

I just tried the Diamond girl and its very nice bud...but not quite the Incense-caramel flavour of the SP pheno I really liked. The Mum I kept in the early 90's was mostly NL5 in structure with Skunk calyx to leaf influence,but flavour was more from the EP,my girl wasn't a big yeilder tho' some pheno's were decent enough yielders. I loved my Silver Pearl....shame they lost parents. Used to always get great SP from a few A-Dam coffeshops back then too,really delicious with a big grin,giggley buzz.
I tried to ask Shanti about a Silver Pearl rebirth a few years back(after badgering Sensi since forever) and got no response unfortunately....You would think he would have something close to the original parents amongst their parent stock? Do MNS have original Nev NL5 clone still? anyone know?
Maybe its the lack of NL5 clone that is also the missing link in some lines(not just the missing Haze Dad)...hence recent NL5Haze's Really aint the same from any company as it was originally either. And the Siver Haze Female Sensi release is bcos they don't have parents to make it normally anymore probably too and that is also a shame :( although the Female SilverHaze is supposed to be nice hazey stuff.
Luck'n'Lite JBo

This was the pheno I smoked on back in the day. I miss it quite a bit.This description is so accurate it's like he stoled it out my own memory. I hope these qualities are found again.Maybe with just a bit more power though lol.

therevverend

Veteran
A few days ago I saw Silver Pearl seeds for sale but under a different name. It's driving me crazy trying to find them again. Even looked through my browser.
I did find crosses. There's a German guy, Cees, who calls his seed company No Mercy Supply. Calls his cross Lucky Queen, Silver Pearl x Santa Maria. No clue if he's trustworthy or legit.

3rd-3yed

Veteran
No Mercy Santa Maria was kind of famous in Europe some years ago. Look for the Santa Maria Planck cut, really similar to Uk Cheese in structure, taste and flowering time was also pretty short (12-13 week max I don't really remember) so I'm pretty sure their Santa Maria is not really a pure Colombian Sativa...

I searched also for Silver Pearl for a while, even with obscure seedbanks it was out of stock everywhere. Maybe you will have better luck looking for it on IG.

bigbadbiddy

Yes, that's exactly what MRN is for. This kind of stuff.
Confused as to why people ignore them...

When it was Sensi's Silver Pearl, it was with Shanti and Nevil on board.
When they left, they had copies of most everything, sometimes even the "better" phenotypes (like with SSH and MH compared to JH... obviously "better" being personal preference here and mine coincides with Shanti's and Nevil's at the time).

And they also had copies of both the building blocks and Silver Pearl itself if I am not mistaken. Certainly of the building blocks.

And they either preserved the line or re-created it and preserved it after for decades now. In the meantime Sensi failed to conserve their own genetics and third parties failed as well.

So here we are, decades later with MRN offering what is likely closest to the original in this day and age while simultaneously offering some of the best deals out there and people just strait up ignore them.

Why?
Just because they aren't "en vogue" anymore? Just because people don't talk about them anymore?

helios212

cees

cees

cees from no mercy seeds is from the netherlands and no german , I loved his no mercy special and santa maria.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Yes, that's exactly what MRN is for. This kind of stuff.
Confused as to why people ignore them...

When it was Sensi's Silver Pearl, it was with Shanti and Nevil on board.
When they left, they had copies of most everything, sometimes even the "better" phenotypes (like with SSH and MH compared to JH... obviously "better" being personal preference here and mine coincides with Shanti's and Nevil's at the time).

And they also had copies of both the building blocks and Silver Pearl itself if I am not mistaken. Certainly of the building blocks.

And they either preserved the line or re-created it and preserved it after for decades now. In the meantime Sensi failed to conserve their own genetics and third parties failed as well.

So here we are, decades later with MRN offering what is likely closest to the original in this day and age while simultaneously offering some of the best deals out there and people just strait up ignore them.

Why?
Just because they aren't "en vogue" anymore? Just because people don't talk about them anymore?

G `day Bbb

Shanti didn`t arrive in Amsterdam till after Nevil sold out to Ben Dronkers .
So did not work with Nevil at Sensi ...

Both supplied Green House Coffee shop in the 90s .

SSH and MHz are NL #5 Hz C hybrids . Nevil thought Jack , Sage and SSH all had the same mother C5 #1 .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Easy7

Veteran
It's hard to tell some of the skunk crosses apart for me. Most of these older works are gone. Nothing for me to associate to. A lot of the skunk and northern lights crosses out there are very good. There's not much of those in domestic seed banks. HD says seizures at customs is up. I feel I got away with it a long time. If the US would just legalize, it could really open up the seed portfolio. Some of these earlier older breeds could trully benefit being worked with other strains. They do fine here, while some of the sativas are too risky in their finishing time. Gotta do something in a market that's unique. Too many all doing the strain of the year. Rarity can be a stand out winner.

archaicatoms

I think the original clone was lost.. If anybody knows if it's still floating around, possibly in the pnw US or Holland, please speak up. It's the one that was awarded at the HTCC a long time ago..

JAWS

makes me glad to know i still have an original pack of SS silver pearl..

santa maria is in house as well..

very nice ..

GoatCheese

Veteran
Look for the Santa Maria Planck cut, really similar to Uk Cheese in structure, taste and flowering time was also pretty short (12-13 week max I don't really remember) so I'm pretty sure their Santa Maria is not really a pure Colombian Sativa...
Hi.
Off topic but to make it clear..
The Planck-cut tastes nothing like Cheese. The Planck i smoked in Amsterdam in 2006 was floral and "sugary". The effect was very much clear sativa.

Second thing. Planck is said to be from Brazil not Columbia. And i've seen similar looking plants that were supposedly from Brazil, so it really could be a pure Brazilian plant as they claim.

No Mercy's Santa Maria-lines have other genetics in them too and they never claimed it to be a "pure" Planck/Santa Maria IBL.

Peace.

dugzy

Reading here about this Diamond Girl from Greenhouse being the same as Silver Pearl which i think is now gone.

Can anyone rep Diamond Girl from a growers point of view? Seen a nice 1 or 2 types from Greenhouse but heard them called the good the bad and the ugly as well haha

Looks cheap to buy so might be worth it?

Florere

A few days ago I saw Silver Pearl seeds for sale but under a different name. It's driving me crazy trying to find them again. Even looked through my browser.
I did find crosses. There's a German guy, Cees, who calls his seed company No Mercy Supply. Calls his cross Lucky Queen, Silver Pearl x Santa Maria. No clue if he's trustworthy or legit.

He is dutch