What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OMG!! New Dope Plant Doesn't Get People Stoned!!

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Yes Chaos i mean Juanita Lagrimosa.
I got a fellow grower back in Portugal that has been keeping a mother for at least 5years now. If i remember it right he got it straight from a spanish fellow grower on some cannabis show in Spain. My friend just calls her La Lacrimosa, so sorry for the desinformation.
But the herb is great no matter what we call her ;)

cchem

yeah, there is quite a difference between being wasted because you want to be and being wasted all the time because you have to. (pain or whatnot.)

some aspects of life become difficult to handle.

(though personally, i can smoke sativa alot of the time and sometimes do need the wasted effect of the indicas, so i wouldnt be going for the thc less varieties, not often anyway. but i remember when around my parts, you could only get indicas, year in, year out, so i can imagine for some people that need the indicas particularily would get tired of being wasted all the time.)

Technically speaking from a historic perspective sativa is high THC to CBD ratio and Indica has high CBD to THC ratio (albeit that this is oversimplified somewhat). Thing is they started crossing them thanks to the drug war (haha yeah.... what a great idea that was) and ended up with high THC to CBD strains - hence "Skunk" now being generic for super waster (couch lock) gear in the UK and Europe. Thing is Skunk is a 75% sativa (Acapulco Gold + Columbian Gold) + 25% indica (Afghani) hybrid with the potency of sativa and the growing vigor and early finishing times of an indica. I don't like to shill (so this is me) but if I cut and paste here google sees this as duplication and penalizes your (my) site. Here's something I've written on this http://www.manicbotanix.com/sitemap/36-marijuana-and-mental-illness.html

BTW I've spent the last 6+ years living in and traveling all over Asia. Had some weed (pure sativa) recently in Burma (Myanmar) that totally rocked my world - so much so that I couldn't wait for it to wash over. But then we were scoring Thai sticks (ah blocks actually:) that is now coming out of Cambodia that was mellow and I slept like a baby on it, albeit, getting totally wasted and high. I think cannaboid profiles are far more complex than simply THC and CBD - then add set and setting etc. Either way, it's a good thing science is now coming to terms with cannaboid profiles and manipulating them to suit med needs.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hemp... Keep it away from the real cannabis gene pool. I've always believed there is a market for very low THC cannabis... But it's a dangerous thing for the average Joe to get his hands on seeds, as it will inevitably be bred into the canabis gene pool willy nilly. Strict cannabis breeding and preservation programs are more important than ever. cc

SourPurp

Israeli scientist identified thc as the active chemical in cannabis back in the 50's or 60's. But he was still a 'Zionist" so....:woohoo:

"THC is the active chemical" - sorry but no it's not. never was. There are over 60 ACTIVE cannabinoids/terpenoids/phenols in cannabis. For reasons of being simplistic, the authorities have chosen to state this over and over and over. A lot less difficult to manipulate people into thinking it's bad since they only have to point to this ONE constituent...one enemy as opposed to 60, get it? That's why there is only two real politcal parties. It's a whole lot easier to just point in ONE direction and say 'they're idealogy is wrong" as opposed to 60 different parties. Wake up out this manipulation folks.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I am aware it is one of many, but it is still the main one. When he identified it, that was a major move forward in working out the chemistry of the plant.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
and seed-sellers use THC percentage as a means to measure potency offered by any given cultivar.

just saying

SourPurp

^^ I am aware it is one of many, but it is still the main one. When he identified it, that was a major move forward in working out the chemistry of the plant.

How do you know it's the main one, did you design the cannabis plant? You have no idea what your talking about; parrotting the official government line cause that's all you know. I'm trying to wake you up, when you are you people gonna stop beleiving things just cause that's what your told? Ever wonder why the other 60 cannabinoids aren't being named and identified? sure there's a few, THCV, CBD, CBN...what of the others? Let me tell you why they aren't being named, studied, and indentified....because it would be revealed in a way that could not be denied that this plant IS THE ANSWER TO ALL OF MANKINDS PROBLEMS. Ya know how you've heard how just THC does all of the wonderful things is does? Wait until it's revealed what the other cannabinoids are doing....it will be like religions collapsing, the entire facade of reality built by the 'children of light' collapsing in on itself. This plant is our ONLY hope against the dark powers masquerading as light...it is the one thing they fear the most and the only thing that can and will bring them down, restoring BALANCE the structure of all that constitutes existence in this contruct of reality we inhabit

Gifstah

How do you know it's the main one, did you design the cannabis plant? You have no idea what your talking about; parrotting the official government line cause that's all you know. I'm trying to wake you up, when you are you people gonna stop beleiving things just cause that's what your told? Ever wonder why the other 60 cannabinoids aren't being named and identified? sure there's a few, THCV, CBD, CBN...what of the others? Let me tell you why they aren't being named, studied, and indentified....because it would be revealed in a way that could not be denied that this plant IS THE ANSWER TO ALL OF MANKINDS PROBLEMS. Ya know how you've heard how just THC does all of the wonderful things is does? Wait until it's revealed what the other cannabinoids are doing....it will be like religions collapsing, the entire facade of reality built by the 'children of light' collapsing in on itself. This plant is our ONLY hope against the dark powers masquerading as light...it is the one thing they fear the most and the only thing that can and will bring them down, restoring BALANCE the structure of all that constitutes existence in this contruct of reality we inhabit

I like it how you start out by asking him how he knows this, and then end up making one of the craziest sounding statements seen in a long time. :blowbubbles:

Edit: You're saying that the illuminati fear the cannabis plant? Please tell why.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for playing anyways SourPurp. hehe Hey, you are preaching to the choir here. I also get pissed when I see thc as given as the only meaningful chemical in cannabis, mostly by anti pot people.

I understand terpenes, cbd etc. alone can have physical and mental effects independent of thc. I was just simplifying things by saying 'thc the active chemical' as to make a point about a major scientific breakthrough. Chill out, we are not the enemy here and also not mindless robots controlled by them.

señorsloth

Veteran
i have fields of this already, it's called hemp, it's nothing new, 95% of people on med pot are just potheads abusing the system anyway, and they wouldn't pay for something that they cant pass around with their buddies on a friday night, scientist who make the mistake of assuming a majority of people using pot as medicine just want to get better while using as little meds as possible. the sad reality, is that if med shops only sold weed that didn't get you high, EVERY single one would go out of business in a week, all those people with "anxiety" or "bad backs" will go right back to buying weed on the black market, because they want the high, they wouldn't trade that for the most effective med pot in the world if it didn't get you high.

SourPurp

I like it how you start out by asking him how he knows this, and then end up making one of the craziest sounding statements seen in a long time. :blowbubbles:

Edit: You're saying that the illuminati fear the cannabis plant? Please tell why.

sorry bout that, I had just taken a massive bonghit of this tight bubblegum cross and everything became crystal clear, if only for a moment....

neuroherb

The makers of Sativex have stated in UK documentaries and other studies have shown that CBD is very interesting compound in relation to its effects on althzeimers and senial dementia. A plant that is high in CBD would be of use for that but I would also say that any THC could be used for Sativex after the exraction process for both compounds.

Overall though this thread is an excellent example of how people that want tolerance for their uses of something can become very intolerant in their views just because someone elses use is different. I don't see anything in the study that says High CBD low THC will be the only plant of the future. AND BTW The conspiracy theories ROFLMAO a laugh to read but great ammunition for the anti cannabis brigade in support of the paranoid delusions theory.

cchem

The makers of Sativex have stated in UK documentaries and other studies have shown that CBD is very interesting compound in relation to its effects on althzeimers and senial dementia. A plant that is high in CBD would be of use for that but I would also say that any THC could be used for Sativex after the exraction process for both compounds.

Overall though this thread is an excellent example of how people that want tolerance for their uses of something can become very intolerant in their views just because someone elses use is different. I don't see anything in the study that says High CBD low THC will be the only plant of the future. AND BTW The conspiracy theories ROFLMAO a laugh to read but great ammunition for the anti cannabis brigade in support of the paranoid delusions theory.

I tend to agree. Reality is high THC strains will always be readily available no matter what and this is what stoners want so market demand will drive production and consumption. It's not as if breeders are going to accidentally produce non high weed - totally defeats the purpose of breeding for the market. The main thing here is that science has now acknowledged the irrefutable medicinal qualities of mj and they can't ever step away from that and deny it (makes the US Fed Gov look like dicks with their official stance of schedule 1 drug because it “has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States” and that “there is a lack of accepted safety for the use of” marijuana “under medical supervision”) so really this break through can only be good for the reputation of med and cannabis in general. And yep, the THC/CBD thing is way oversimplified but even science acknowledges this and researchers themselves say they are only beginning to understand cannaboid profiles. This said at this point in time conventional wisdom does support that THC and CBD are the most important cannaboids in the profile. Does anyone know if there is a research paper out there written by the Israeli researchers? Would love to read it.

A

Alone

The "Cartel" has a grip on the market with crappy brick weed because they grow acres and acres of it and can be sold wholesale for really cheap.

The "Homegrower" has a grip on the specialized market because he has the best herb around.

The "Scientist" has a grip on the market because he can pull out the medical qualities of the plant and put it in a pill.

The "Dispensaries" have a grip on the market because all the good weed comes there by the pounds so they have alot of variety to choose from and they provide a safe place to buy your weed.

SourPurp

This said at this point in time conventional wisdom does support that THC and CBD are the most important cannaboids in the profile..

so how can THC and CBD be identified as the 'most important' LOL if the pretty much none of the other cannabinoids have EVEN BEEN INDENTIFIED. This is just plain ignorant. The most that could be said is that THC/CBD are more active than THCV, or CBN because that's all they know about. Funny how 60 years has passed since THC was formally identified yet no progress has been made on the other ones save for CBD, CBN, THCV. This is on purpose, pretty obvious. We're no supposed to know about the other ones and we won't as long as the current power structure remains in place.

S

SeaMaiden

Bolded, I could not agree with that statement more vehemently or emphatically than I am feeling at this moment. Hear-the-fuck HEAR!

Alzheimer's runs in my family, as does senile dementia, this is but one reason for my own interest.

so how can THC and CBD be identified as the 'most important' LOL if the pretty much none of the other cannabinoids have EVEN BEEN INDENTIFIED. This is just plain ignorant. The most that could be said is that THC/CBD are more active than THCV, or CBN because that's all they know about. Funny how 60 years has passed since THC was formally identified yet no progress has been made on the other ones save for CBD, CBN, THCV. This is on purpose, pretty obvious. We're no supposed to know about the other ones and we won't as long as the current power structure remains in place.
What's your argument here again..? Now it's that we don't know the full suite of cannabinoids, and that means... what again?

Do you use Google? It's incredibly simple. Even better? Learning how to use a scientific search engine such as Google Scholar or Scirus, which returns published papers and research, or legal briefs, papers and decisions.

Just using Google one finds this Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid

And here's a snippet of the Wiki:

Wikipedia said:
At least 85 different cannabinoids have been isolated from the Cannabis plant.<sup id="cite_ref-8" class="reference" style="line-height: 1em; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; ">[9]</sup> At least 25 different cannabinoids have been isolated from Echinacea species.<sup id="cite_ref-Bauer-1989_9-0" class="reference" style="line-height: 1em; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; ">[10]</sup> To the right, the main classes of cannabinoids from Cannabis are shown. All classes derive from cannabigerol-type compounds and differ mainly in the way this precursor is cyclized.
Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabidiol (CBD), cannabinol (CBN), and Dodeca-2E,4E,8Z,10E/Z-tetraenoic-acid-isobutylamides (from Echinacea species) are the most prevalent natural cannabinoids and have received the most study.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There you go again, SeaMaiden. Screwing up a proper rant with facts. :biggrin:

meddy

Look at this patent...yes its THC-LESS AND CANABINOID LESS cannabis..designed to interbreed with all cannabis....GW PHARA..

chemovars[0].jpg

The gene at locus O allows the production of the initial phenolic precursors (resorcinolic acids). These combine with geranyl pyrophosphate to create the intermediate cannabinoids CBG and/or CBGV, the central precursors for the end-product cannabinoids THC(V), CBD(V) and CBC(V). The functional allele O is co-dominant; O/o hybrids have a low cannabinoid content and o/o plants are cannabinoid-free.

SourPurp

Hey SeaMaiden, I'm assuming you don't know what 'isolated' means in the context of the Wiki about 85 different cannabinoids being isolated. That in no way implies or means that they know what they do or what role they play. It just means they know there are 85 different ones. Are you really this stupid or do you assume the rest of us are? And A big Thank You to Meddy for posting that GW PHarma info about creating cannabinoid-less cannabis. THat's rreally what these idiot scientists are doing...trying to eliminate this plant through genetic engineering cause nothing else has worked and they've GOT to eliminate it or else their power fades away...every cannabis plant grown that heals a human is that much less power they have over our lives. Because there MAIN BUSINESS IS HURTING US AND THEN SELLING US THE 'TREATMENT'. It's that simple folks.

Latest posts

Latest posts