What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NO more drugs for foreigners in the south of holland since 1st of may

Maybe bring our own drugs?

Maybe bring our own drugs?

Blow the rest...

6a00e55334cd5a883301127975268328a4-800wi

Rural Michigan is set to become the latest cannabis Mecca

Rural Michigan is set to become the latest cannabis Mecca

redneck-car.jpg

B

BrnCow

Everyone need to lay off Holland for the total summer and not go there nor spend there so the government can get the feel for what it is like if they screw up the tourist trade there...

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
everyone will be laying off holland from now on, dont worry about that,,

over the next 5-10 years alot of things will be reversed in europe for this paradigm shift that started in 01,, the eu will dissolve,, just watch,, and after that it will be mostly formed into a new block again,, unless something big happens anyway..

Weedninja

A lot of my fellow countrymen go to A'dam for "stag" weekends, drinkers who go, stare at the pro's, and get drunk like back home-and maybe have a spliff in a coffeeshop so they can say that they did. They behave as badly as they do in their own towns every weekend
Also lots of american uni-age kids going wild and thinking its a free for all.
It's boreish, asshole behaviour that needs to be clamped down on, not the coffeeshops! Fuck the Belgian and German governments-if they don't want people bringing weed home-then it's their own responsibility to monitor the borders!(I don't agree with prohibition but countries whining and dictating to other countries is not on-this is German and Belgian buck-passing).
this^
The really funny thing is that prohibitionists in other countries are going to point at Holland's "failed" attempt at decriminalization.

pyrite1

A sad day to come to pass. I lament the fact I never got to Amsterdam while the going was good. :(

At least we can all still grow our own, albeit at a risk.

if the greeks dont get a parlament till wednesday we will have bigger problems than not being able to buy overpriced haze in Maastricht.

But the Dutch need money. And if they notice a sharp drop in tourism in February, we'll see how the dice roll.

Gastro

Damn shame so many people here don't actually know what is what with this pass.
direct translation from Dutch wiki:
A wietpas is proof of membership (Club Card) that will be required for admission to a Dutch coffeeshop. By tightening the tolerance criteria-at the insistence of the German government a coffee shop because a private club, so a club where only members are allowed (private club criterion B criterion). To become a member one must be of age and live in the Netherlands (residents criterion, I-criterion), the residency is demonstrated by an extract from the Municipal Administration of residence. The membership of a coffee shop may be granted only after showing a valid identification and proof that the applicant resides in the Netherlands. Membership is in the form of a Club Card issued by the coffee shop operator. The coffee shop operator shall keep a membership list with verifiable.

The number of members of a coffee shop is limited to 2000, although a different maximum number of members with the Ministry negotiable. [1]

Only members can buy marijuana or hashish, and have up to five grams per day, tourists or casual visitors can not find, buy their soft drugs will no longer be tolerated.

Municipalities may decide how they will maintain the wietpas. [2]

It is the last sentence in this case that is the most important. This weedpass is not, and I repeat, it is not a National law. It is part of the tolerance policy towards cannabis. Which changes things significantly! If it were a national law that would have meant that cannabis would have been legal for Dutch citizens.
However since this is part of the tolerance policy it means that it falls under municipal law. Meaning that the mayor decides whether the policy gets implemented. The mayor isn't forced to actually implement this regulation. It is a guideline, so if the mayor of Amsterdam doesn't want a weedpass. The weedpass won't be introduced in Amsterdam.
It is also visible with other cities, like Tilburg. Where a coffeeshop was given a warning because they didn't have a members list and were selling to foreigners. They got a warning, but the warning is worthless because the local law towards the weedpass wasn't introduced properly.
And in Eindhoven the Mayor, stopped demanding a summary for you municipal information when you become a member of a coffeeshop, because of the high amount of streetdealers that showed up within a week.

The idea of the weedpass, is part of conservative christian dogma, to remove cannabis from vision. Because for these fanatics: it isn't there when you can't see it!

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Miggers, then? :tumbleweed:

Seriously though, it sucks to see a country that has a good drug policy have it ruined by foreigners abusing the privilege.

Can someone who speaks Dutch please give me the general idea of what the cop was saying?

WTF? Humans ABUSING the PRIVILEGE of a Flower????

What FUCKING WORLD ARE WE IN? Privilege? Give me a fucking break.

Have you seen what those lame foreigners are doing with their "Privilege" to drink water and breath air!!!!! Outrageous I tell you. Let them have one glass of water and they think they get to drink every day.

:joint:

sso

Veteran
hmm, having seen lots of drunken foolery in my time and also quite a few stoners and having seen amsterdam on a weekday.

i would think booze has more to do with this streetshitting than anything else.

just cant picture a true stoner , shitting on the streets, drunk guy, easily.

about the kids, here´s a story from a cleaning lady, "kids balls? highschool and college dances? puking in places,thats about it.but on the other hand, the "fine" folks/elite of the town ball/get together? shitting in flowerpots on at least two occasions and other "stuff.."

Nonphixion

Interesting, so they wanted to implement a weitpass/weedpass, and the Easy Going coffee shop shut down. Then the other coffee shops shut their doors in solidarity?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
They should crack down on all the people whispering "cocaine" if anything...

We should crack down on government. Then there'd be no need to whisper, and I still wouldn't use cocaine; but those who did would be a lot safer.

Weedninja

WTF? Humans ABUSING the PRIVILEGE of a Flower????

What FUCKING WORLD ARE WE IN? Privilege? Give me a fucking break.

Have you seen what those lame foreigners are doing with their "Privilege" to drink water and breath air!!!!! Outrageous I tell you. Let them have one glass of water and they think they get to drink every day.

Privilege was a poor choice of words on my part.

That being said, most tourists don't have responsible drug use in mind when they visit Holland. I could see how that could get old to the locals.

With that being said, I don't think that any government has the right to ban any drug ever. It also sounds like weed is being made a scapegoat for everything that goes wrong, which we all know is bullshit.

neuroherb

A bit that gets overlooked about the weedpass is that it would also require Dutch residents that qualify to get one also to register as part of a huge goverment database. This could be used irresponsibly such as giving access to employers to they could assess risk. This is as much the reason the coffeeshops have shut down. Its an unsatifactory and unworkable idea that may sound good to the neo right morality police that never consider the unintended consequences of any policy.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
"just cant picture a true stoner , shitting on the streets, drunk guy, easily."

brits on stag do's,, its possible..

but yeah not stoners,,,

H

Hoover_lungz

from what i heard from people from amsterdam, is that this is because tourists where shitting in the street and stuff like that.

i heard this from 2 different sources (elderly couple (hippies that by own account, had done "everything" (drugvise) and a taxidriver)

basically they just got tired of rowdy tourists.

They should close all the Pubs instead coz that is where these street shitters come from.

neuroherb

Hey Holland - Now Cali Gets The Tourists Instead

How will Cali get the tourists are they going to get rid of the requirement for you to be a registered MMJ patient to enter a dispensary.

I find it laughable really when there is claims that the US is softer on cannabis than Holland is. Although the MMJ system is oft just a cover for those smoking recreationally it was actually only set up to benefit those in clinical need of cannabis as a medically theraputic drug. It gets sold on here and many other forums as if MMJ is a saviour for all cannabis users partly because for a few bucks a doctor willing to register patients on the state database giving them a MMJ card or 'weedpass' for a few bucks can find any number of subjective clinical needs to prescribe it.

Show me anywhere in the states where a tourist or even resident citizen can enter a coffeeshop without any MMJ certificate or weedpass and openly buy cannabis to smoke on the premises and maybe I might hop over for a smoke until then try comparing like for like.

I am for legalisation of cannabis and actually regulation of all drugs not another act of smoke and mirrors.

actually i think you can get a non local mmj card...im not from cali so i dunno for sure but i think you can. Higher rate for like a month instead of a year like normal.

I like the way the med states are going, it helps more people than just the ones that have life threatening diseases. Its more of an adult registry for responsible people with some kind of medical concern to get recommended for cannabis..

Latest posts

Latest posts