What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bad Week for Marijuana in California

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
megayields is on course seamaiden......merced/fresno/tulare/kern counties are being assaulted...........
the fed who showed up in plain clothes, ball cap and older beat up truck at my neighbors told him the medical script don't mean shit and you best clean up or lose it all.....neighbor told him he can't be on his property without a warrant and he said I can be anywhere I want on your property............
this effort is being referred to as Operation Mercury

once again Obama sucks peeled donkey..............

ganj on................

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
KB, take it easy - we want to see ya here fo-evah..!
Those fux can still totally muck up one's life...

Since I live in a place where everyone grows, + I am a small potato compared to most.. I don;t trip too much.
That is what an occasional shot of Jagermeister is for..
Piss off the wrong person in a small town though, and it all goes to shizzle, haha...

I practice DILIGENCE without paranoia by 'paying attention to what goes on around me.' and who I associate with.
It's so quiet around here, that I know which sounds are animals, and which are 2 legged beasts... Like the Sandworm in DUNE, lol. After a few years, it becomes normal.

So Excited that summer starts now...! Just moved myself and my vegging plants outside to a great house/backyard.. Doing battle with BROAD MITES on these... A new issue to me.. Took me by surprise. Used others' clones for two runs, as I build up Mothers again.. Oh well, it ain;t always easy to grow Medicine, as we all know.

The Local Community is coming together more of late - I am quite gratified to see this... Gonna be a Sweet summer. With a fun "Harvest Party/judging-contest/Music & DJ get together" at the end..

Yesterday was one of the most amazingly wonderful days of my life. Something kicked in while at the Ocean.. Massive Gratitude..

I put out a lot of myself and my resources to get back here.. Even though it was my mantra every day, I wasn't sure that I'd make it back.

The skies, the rocky outcroppings in the ocean's tempestuous seas, My appreciation is off-the-charts.

We just have to work together - even harder and smarter, because of the market situation...

Instill a higher level of Civility in a sometimes rough-and-tumble Wild West Dialectic..
One in which the market is in downward flux.

With the most beautiful geography that I have ever seen in all my travels. Worth the Effort - Fo Sho.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
i've seen ALOT of outdoor that passes off as good indoor back east, but that's back east. honestly, it stays good when it's fresh, but when you vac seal even the best cali outdoor, it's brown/loses smell within 2-3 months...maybe time to invest in one of those fancy nitrogen sealers.

best outdoor i've seen this season came from grass valley. up north wasn't as fire(probably because they go so much bigger)

still, best pot i see is altitude grown(10000 ft+) indoor bud. i swear, the air up there does something to the pot. i can taste when bud has been grown at high altitude. i'd be willing to do a blind taste test on that.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
still, best pot i see is altitude grown(10000 ft+) indoor bud. i swear, the air up there does something to the pot. i can taste when bud has been grown at high altitude. i'd be willing to do a blind taste test on that.

I've heard that the 'OG' in OG Kush doesn't stand for Original Gangster, but Ocean Grown. Apparantly someone was so certain that OGK was grown in the mountains at high altitude that they were willing to do a taste test too. The 'original' breeder then broke out the news that OG stood for 'Ocean Grown'.

I just got back into the game a year ago for medical resons.
The abilities of some of you growers & the horticulural advancements since the 60's amazes me including the 770 plant grows.
Cheers,
bruce

abellguy

I've heard that the 'OG' in OG Kush doesn't stand for Original Gangster, but Ocean Grown. Apparantly someone was so certain that OGK was grown in the mountains at high altitude that they were willing to do a taste test too. The 'original' breeder then broke out the news that OG stood for 'Ocean Grown'.

Two guys knew each other one grower in the mountains and one buy the coast. The mountain dude was over at the coast dudes house and was sampling a recent crop the guy had brought down and told him it seemed like mountain grown and he said no thats "ocean grown" :D and thats how what people think is original gangster kush got started, lol :rasta:

S

SeaMaiden

megayields is on course seamaiden......merced/fresno/tulare/kern counties are being assaulted...........
the fed who showed up in plain clothes, ball cap and older beat up truck at my neighbors told him the medical script don't mean shit and you best clean up or lose it all.....neighbor told him he can't be on his property without a warrant and he said I can be anywhere I want on your property............

once again Obama sucks peeled donkey..............

ganj on................
Wow, fucking sons of BITCHES. Truth be told, I'd be pissing myself at that point, I have too much to lose.

I hope his taxes are in order. Many folks are afraid most of the DEA, for me it's the IRS.

mofeta

Veteran
Down in Santa Barbara too:

California medical pot crackdown hits upscale Santa Barbara
The latest actions include three asset forfeiture lawsuits filed against properties housing marijuana operations and warning letters sent to people associated with 10 cannabis dispensaries deemed "illegal marijuana stores," federal officials said.

"All known marijuana stores in Santa Barbara County are now the subject of federal enforcement actions," a statement from the U.S. Attorney's Office in Los Angeles said.

The moves on Santa Barbara storefronts and cultivation facilities mark the fourth such sweep in recent months in the seven-county California region that ranks as the largest federal law-enforcement district in the nation, U.S. attorney spokesman Thom Mrozek said.

He said authorities have gone after 150 pot stores in the district since October, when federal prosecutors announced a statewide crackdown on what they called a massive network of illegal cannabis suppliers established under the guise of California's medical marijuana law. Most of those stores have been closed, Mrozek said.

Similar crackdowns have been launched in other states as well, notably Colorado, Montana and Washington, in an escalation of friction between the federal government and states that have decriminalized marijuana for medical purposes.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
no doubt it looks to be a money grab with those who are straddling the line ..................

now the court rooms will be full and new jails need to be built..........once again the feds are the only ones to benefit......at our expense.....

ganj on...........

S

SeaMaiden

Not so much the feds, as the companies they support. We've become grotesquely corporatized.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Totally, SeaM., the old adage still seems very timely, "If You are not outraged, you are not paying attention."

It is of course, not healthy to live "Outraged," so perhaps something a bit more relaxed..
Foe me, to try and calmly point things out, attempting to make impressions remembered later.. As many mentors did for me.

But, A real bug under my skin is the Corporate Prison Industry. Self-sustaining, and insidious from a Societal standpoint. Law-enforcement is under pressure to fill these sardine cans.

I really saw how whole communities are built to support the Prison system, in the Midwest.. Or should I say that there is nothing else in some of these places, except storehouses to put people for whom society failed, or they failed Society.

I do not know the numbers, but I imagine that a lot of Pot smokers are incarcerated in these places throughout the less-tolerant parts of the USA.. That is deplorable and puts out REAL criminals upon release.

Why do we have such a disproportionate amount of our population behind bars..? Embarassing.

IMHO, it is the lack of a safety net, like the EU has, such as it is (even if it ain;t perfect). Makes Americans dog-eat-dog, and less Socially Minded. The Militaristic - Domineering point-of-view of the lawmakers and decision-makers trickles down, and is a large part. Especially when coupled with the 24/7 mostly pointless media coverage that many assume as fact.

Perhaps if we stopped building destructive armaments, and concentrated MORE fully on our own issues, we would be better off..? Duh..? Many people a whole lot smarter than me have suggested this.

Thanks for listening..! haha.. Peace.

Cartel530

Veteran
I just feel bad for all you out of state dudes smokin all that avid. im talkin people sprayin that shit 6 weeks into flower. i have warned people and there reply "i dont care its going outta state". Not to mention all the miracle grow crops haha. what you dont realize is that a lot of those "Cali Packs" are nothing more than bought of some tweakers who live 20 deep on acre in the hills and are growing for nothing more than to buy there next 1500 dollar ounce of crystal meth. But they got they for 600 a lb and out of state they go for 28.
or here's another one. indoor bubba kush
dude had some bubba had hella bugs so he hit them with floramite about a week before flush and they also had powdery mildew dudes from jersey bought it right up. my buddy had the same exact bubba without any of the problems and was some heat.. they didnt want it because "it didnt have the same choke as the other packs"

Maybe you guys should talk to your importers instead of the exporters. When you have people looking for bulk and they "dont care about the quality as long as it has smell" what do you expect is going to flood? When you set three different qualities down and they choose the low grade to ship back to new york its our fault? It Costs 45 dollars to get a cannabis card and 8-12 for a clone. for under 200 dollars you can pump out 30 lbs. that's why there is the shit weed. if everyone who could buy a football could play in the nfl I'm sure they would start to lose their credibility also

paper thorn

Veteran
I know a bit of weed from Cali gets around, but most "medical grade" or "california medical" is just what some local guy is growing. He says he got it from Cali, to make it sound better, or just to keep peeps from thinking it's local.

I'm cali

I'm cali

I'm cali. And it sucks here now. All my people know I grow clean. That's why I had to tear everything down and start over. No more infected cuts from these dispensarys . I had a real good place that had the best elete ...But no more. I almost went to the dark side but will not hurt people. So I had to take a great loss and start again from seed. Sterilize everything. But the market is flooded here now. All kinna pangas from mexico being busted. You know the composted shit with rocks and fecies in it. To stuff with some kinna spray on it to make the person sick and think they are stoned. Now good people with very clean meds are having a hard time. Never used "Hot shots" never used anything eccept azatrol only on mothers. (Azatol is just concentrated neem)...Used GH and some Karma and seabird guano. Used Mighty wash as preventive on clones only. Pisses me off people don't understand how hard it is to do this medical grade. Now we are flooded with crap and people are prolly getting long term f'd up.

Cartel530

Veteran
i never said that they were good pounds lol thats what i was implying. I Live in an agricultural area and people will literally get some of the potent chemicals they use on the all the farm crops.when you pump then full of all kinds of chemicals they get over three pounds easily a plant and with 12 plants its easily attainable. old man next door pulls over three a plant and using nothing but our county water we get during the summer which is all from a lake up above us and some fish he blends in a blender.

45 dollar medical card
+
10 horrible clones @ 8 dollars each
+
some home depot chemicals plus a shot of some high potency guaranteed cancer causer from your local hindu

= less than $200 for some poopy p's

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
soil alone is around $200 per 200 gallon smartpot, unless they are just using the same soil over and over again. what about property prices, gas prices, trimming prices, amendments, there lots of other things that need to be taken into account.

even if you did guerilla with free seeds using native soil, zero nutes, theres still costs involved....
\
shit i dont even wanna get involved in the costs of my next outdoor grow...from everything like fencing to veg lights for starts, to monthly property payments, nutrients, the water delivery system alones gonna cost a couple thousand dollars....soil this year will top 10k and im a small fish out there, other guys are dropping 50 grand just on soil..

Cartel530

Veteran
i know the costs i have three seperate gardens i take care of and each one's soil is about 13-14k, but im just talking on the horrible weed and the reason that there is so much horrible tree around. these guys just run the soil thats there. there tweakers there goal is to use the least amount of money possible. My dog food bill a month is more than a lot of these shot outs will use for there whole grow haha

Latest posts

Latest posts