What's new

Bad Week for Marijuana in California

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Good on ya'll.. My work is done on this thread..

Peace, Love and Empathy.... <--------------------
Don;t lose your Humanity.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
just sick of elitist cali douche bags that think they are the end all be all of MJ cultivation. calimexico can keep their exports. Once other states open up the door no one is going to want your second rate buds anymore.

sorry lion but i have to disagree...

most folks who are shipping weed out of cali are OUT OF TOWNERS!!

they move from places like atlanta, new york...set up shop in cali, and mail everything back home to their friends...

you make it sound like its ALL cali locals doing this shit..

YOU FORGET THAT PEOPLE IN NON MED STATES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR HALF THE TRANSACTION!!

and sorry if the local guy shipping weed into your section sucks...but i see plenty of nice frosty stinky weed floating around for decent prices....yes it fucked your market up and now you cant get 6400 a lb...boo hoo. on the plus side now a ton of new smokers have reasonably affordable access to decent weed....i heard most cali bud is going for 40-50 an 8th and kids would rather smoke that than pay ridiculous 70-80 an 8th for the local top shelf....just the way the market works.

but its ridiculous to say its ALLL cali;s fault....in my opinion, its mostly the people in YOUR state who decide to flood it...

this post illustrates it the best..HOW IS THIS CALI's FAULT?? that a LOCAL problem...people in cali have no control over some kid selling 150 dollar 8ths..

shit, I ran into a guy at a party the other night who said he was getting g13 straight from cali and is selling it for 150 an 8th.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
If Californian's stopped shipping weed all over the country I bet a lot of this shit would stop.

LOL!!!!

NIGGA PLEEEEZE :jerkit:

keep your cali beasters :moon:

just sick of elitist cali douche bags that think they are the end all be all of MJ cultivation. calimexico can keep their exports. Once other states open up the door no one is going to want your second rate buds anymore.

Pretty surprised to hear YOU say this about us....

Seems like your buddy buddy with us, then you have to spout some shit like this....

ICMAG and there people will NEVER stop surprising me......

I

Iron_Lion

Iron Lion, sorry to call you out dude

just makes me mad because i grew up and live in cali my whole life and the real issue is so many people here from other states (and countries) who are growing massive amounts of GARBAGE, then when they can't sell it here in CA they ship it out of state and call it "cali grown"

it's like the gold rush all over again, everyone is moving out here with $$$ in their eyes, and most of em can't grow for shit.

so please don't dislike California, most of us are not growing commercial garbage and shipping it elsewhere.

No big deal man,

Honestly I can see how bad it would suck dealing with out of towners. On the flip side the import is like the out of towner, you got locals that are just trying to get by and peeps slinging dirt cheap buds from far away. So we are all in the same boat. And honestly if the US could cut Mexico and Canada completely out of the picture there would be a thriving market big enough for every one.

sorry lion but i have to disagree...

most folks who are shipping weed out of cali are OUT OF TOWNERS!!

they move from places like atlanta, new york...set up shop in cali, and mail everything back home to their friends...

you make it sound like its ALL cali locals doing this shit..

YOU FORGET THAT PEOPLE IN NON MED STATES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR HALF THE TRANSACTION!!

and sorry if the local guy shipping weed into your section sucks...but i see plenty of nice frosty stinky weed floating around for decent prices....yes it fucked your market up and now you cant get 6400 a lb...boo hoo. on the plus side now a ton of new smokers have reasonably affordable access to decent weed....i heard most cali bud is going for 40-50 an 8th and kids would rather smoke that than pay ridiculous 70-80 an 8th for the local top shelf....just the way the market works.

but its ridiculous to say its ALLL cali;s fault....in my opinion, its mostly the people in YOUR state who decide to flood it...

this post illustrates it the best..HOW IS THIS CALI's FAULT?? that a LOCAL problem...people in cali have no control over some kid selling 150 dollar 8ths..

I completely see your point here. And in reality I have known quite a few people over the years that have headed out west trying to get rich quick.

This community of great growers here at IC is sometimes over looked and taken for granted, This place makes up a very small percentage of what is out there and sometimes it's easy to forget that many peeps slinging weed are idiots that cant grow for shit.

Unfortunately "cali" is becoming an umbrella term. There is many idiots outside of CA that are hustling mediocre bud and they just slap the name cali on it no matter where it came from. It could be domestic cartel mid grade from kentucky but some idiot will still call it cali med grade to get it out the door.

Few people really get to enjoy good quality home grown but those that do are usually pretty appreciative :)

I

Iron_Lion

Pretty surprised to hear YOU say this about us....

Seems like your buddy buddy with us, then you have to spout some shit like this....

ICMAG and there people will NEVER stop surprising me......

Well unless you are some dick wad with an elitist attitude fed ex'ing weed all over the globe you probably don't fit into what I said.

So you can take offense it if YOU feel you fit into that description.

Other wise see the post above.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
a lot of the garbage in cali isn't even grown by ppl from other states, but other countries like i said.

i remember the Laotians up in the 707 saying they were even outgrowing the mexi cartels.
'
just sayin

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
This certainly does illustrate how government can screw up a marketplace. Even a black market.

Think a drug dealer could sue under the equal protection clause? Interstate commerce clause?
IMHO? It's not any cannabis grower/flipper/dealers 'fault' it's everyone who keeps it illegal.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I'm not in Cali. I'm somewhere east of there.

A guy I know buys POUNDS of Cali outdoor at the end of the season and then sits on it the rest of the year and doles it out at $60 an 1/8th.

Whenever we smoke together, he goes "where'd you get THAT?" (pointing to my stuff.)

Then he says, "This is some straight 'DRO!" (My stuff.)

Then we smoke a bowl of his stuff and it tastes like.... crap. And does nothing to me.

I left California before the whole MMJ thing became mainstream. If I had stayed just a little longer, I probably would never have left. And while I lived in Cali, I smoked some of the best herb I had ever smoked in my life. Then I moved eastward and started hearing about MMJ recs and dispensaries and etc.

It sounded like HEAVEN. I couldn't wait to go back!

So then I was out in Cali two summers ago and I smoked some stuff that a dispensary owner (in the LA area) brought me. (I don't have a rec, so I couldn't go to his shop. He had brought his "current favorites" - Headband, Green Crack, Master Kush, Sour Diesel and some others I can't remember anymore.) It was MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better than most of the "Cali bud" that I find in my state. But it wasn't noticeably better than MY stuff (and I'm far from an expert.)

I'm not saying Cali growers are assholes. I'm not saying Cali can't grow. There are many Cali growers that I respect and tag on their threads and consider my homies.

But not everything with the label "california" is amazing bud.

I come across AMAZING herb from time to time (and not all of it with the "made in California" stamp of approval.) But I also come across a lot of shit that BOASTS about being from California.

(No disrespect to anyone here, as many of you in and out of California put my growing knowledge and ability to shame.)

crazybear

So another thread digresses into name calling, but I think you all need to see that this shit isgoing to continue until we get it legal at the federal level period!
But a lot of people want it like the baptist's want dry counties in Arkansas so they can sell it at a large profit in dry counties just like every body want's to make a killing on herb!

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not in Cali. I'm somewhere east of there.

A guy I know buys POUNDS of Cali outdoor at the end of the season and then sits on it the rest of the year and doles it out at $60 an 1/8th.

Whenever we smoke together, he goes "where'd you get THAT?" (pointing to my stuff.)

Then he says, "This is some straight 'DRO!" (My stuff.)

Then we smoke a bowl of his stuff and it tastes like.... crap. And does nothing to me.

I left California before the whole MMJ thing became mainstream. If I had stayed just a little longer, I probably would never have left. And while I lived in Cali, I smoked some of the best herb I had ever smoked in my life. Then I moved eastward and started hearing about MMJ recs and dispensaries and etc.

It sounded like HEAVEN. I couldn't wait to go back!

So then I was out in Cali two summers ago and I smoked some stuff that a dispensary owner (in the LA area) brought me. (I don't have a rec, so I couldn't go to his shop. He had brought his "current favorites" - Headband, Green Crack, Master Kush, Sour Diesel and some others I can't remember anymore.) It was MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better than most of the "Cali bud" that I find in my state. But it wasn't noticeably better than MY stuff (and I'm far from an expert.)

I'm not saying Cali growers are assholes. I'm not saying Cali can't grow. There are many Cali growers that I respect and tag on their threads and consider my homies.

But not everything with the label "california" is amazing bud.

I come across AMAZING herb from time to time (and not all of it with the "made in California" stamp of approval.) But I also come across a lot of shit that BOASTS about being from California.

(No disrespect to anyone here, as many of you in and out of California put my growing knowledge and ability to shame.)

single most intelligent post ever on IC Mag.......

OreoGrows

If someone offered me a an 8th for $150 I'd either laugh in their face or punch it.

word to that. i wont even pay 60 for an eighth but i get headies from all over for pretty cheap, plus my local supplies. i know some kids who said theyd pay us 900 a zip in tenessee for regular sensi, not even good buds just decent uncured weed. i feel bad for these people. the east coast has some medical states of their own lets not forget about all the bomb being grown in maine and vermont and rhode island, prbly helps with the local prices being so close but weed from cali is never more expensive. maybe im just lucky

irobot sd

Not really a bad week @ all. A handful of people were busted and 10,000 new setups from closet scale to warehouse scale were put up. My town just closed down over 100 store front dispensaries in the past 9 months. The MAJORITY of medical marijuana in these places was brought down from NOR Cal outdoor grows. I don't buy from dispensaries more than once every 3 or 4 months between my harvests. When I do however I have a gamblers mentality. Anything I buy I am ready to take a loss and don't get my hopes up. If i come out with something good, well all right! If I demand it done right, I do it myself

Look folks again its about supply and demand. I gotta say that no one in Cali is growin g13 tho! Why would they? If you have guys paying $150 for an eigth of that, I want in!!! Thats stupid no matter where the herb comes from. But if you can get someone to pay that then why wouldnt you? If they would pay that for g13 they would go apeshit over some good Chem, Purp, GSC, OG!!!

I also think what you have is a fad of calling everything Cali weed even when it isnt for the namesake. Not like you really know where it came from unless you grow it yourself anyways folks. It was most likely grown closer to you than cali. anyways people. Think about that one.

Now as far as the big wharehouses used for growing, it only makes sense. Cali has more people, mmj patients, demand. Someone has to grow the herb folks. It dont just drop outa tha sky in Cali. The herb I have personally seen grown in big grows is just as quality as any small grows ive seen. Those guys take just as much pride in growing 1200 plants as they do 5. Thats sounds like grow room envy to me.

It comes down to a few things really. If you dont like the herb in your area coming from Cali, then grow your own! If you dont like the prices of your local herb, then grow your own! If you dont like supporting big wharehouse grows, then grow your own! Seems pretty easy to me.

I figured it isn't even grown in cali, the point I was making is everyone labels it as cali weed out here just to give it a massive price tag. I haven't bought herb in years, but there's no way I'd pay 150 for a cut.. I laughed at the guy when he told me the price and told him he was crazy.. He proceeded to try to push it on me all night until I finally told him to back off and I don't want his overpriced crap lol

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
iron..finally glad to see someone else call it for what it is..cali beasters.

i do alot a brokering out there during harvest season, and i almost never call cali outdoor headies. been calling it cali beasters the past few years. people usually laugh and agree. lol.

+rep

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dont forget that just because someone tells you its from Cali does not mean it is.. These guys stick a Cali label on there crap weed expecting it to fetch a better price... As far as busts go.. There are some people that have been busted for alot less in there plant counts but most are way over 99. These smaller busts seems to be from the county's hatred towered cannabis and they probably nark to the DEA when they find out about any grows..I can tell ya there are no Beasters in my garden and there never will be..

If you guys are brokers dont buy it most likely its from a big cartel grow..If people continue to buy Beaster buds there's going to always be a market for them..

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
some of you guys must be seeing the super low end packs...i see them all the time in cali but never buy them, people dont want that crap anymore. its always premature dark green brown colored and sometimes smells like tea or shit.....

but most of the REAL outdoor i see up in norcal is fuckin fire and shits on some of the indoor i see....its just not ending up in your part of town i guess..your importer needs to find a new plug..ive got some fire OGxChemD grown in the humboldt sun that is golden frosty as hell, tons of flavor one hit in the bong and you get a head change...id rather smoke some good cali outdoor than some canadian premature indoor beasters..

and yea schrews is right too...alot of the "bulk" weed out of staters are seeing, is most likely trafficked by large scale organizations like the mexican cartel and asian triads...these people could care less about quality its all about money to them. dont generalize an entire state based on that..

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
IMHO, 10% of Northern California growers are producing head-stash quality. Buyers at Cannabis Clubs would attest to that...

In other areas the percentage is a bit lower, but the situation remains the same. It takes homework, and the wearing of many hats to pull off headie quality. Also, a diligence that most are not willing to give.

This November we are gonna have a 4th Blind Competition near Mendocino - if anyone wants to get involved, I will post a thread about it.

We did do this years ago for 3 years successively.. It was wonderful. UNtil the Mendocino Dominatrix Women decided that the Men were having too much fun with the Cannabis Cup part of the party. haha.. And not doting over them. Awww.w.w...

50 or so happy judges - 25 or so entries. A bong and a pipe at every table. Lighters tied to the benches. Some vaporizers. Mostly outdoor product. Much of it Organic. Some indoor. All judged by the Cream of the Happy Mendocino Lifetime tokers/growers. The results were gratifying to me personally each year. Got me two blue ribbons and a few 2nds and thirds too. Can't wait to do it again.

It will not be free, costwise, this time for Judges or Entrants - but that is how things are going in 'Merka.. Everything is Inflationary, so whatcha gonna do...? But it is worth it.

We will secure a nice outdoor space, with a lodge to maybe sleep over in. And keep it on the Super DL, until the day of the event. These competitions, while all in fun, can be a pretty serious business..!!! People put their heart and soul into the "Cali Beasters" as you people who don't get the headies call it..!!!!! lolol..

Definitely separates the Men/Women from the boys/girls, without the need for a crowbar... haha.

ROTSA RUCK WITH ALL>>>> !!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
IMHO, 10% of Northern California growers are producing head-stash quality. Buyers at Cannabis Clubs would attest to that...

In other areas the percentage is a bit lower, but the situation remains the same. It takes homework, and the wearing of many hats to pull off headie quality. Also, a diligence that most are not willing to give.

This November we are gonna have a 4th Blind Competition near Mendocino - if anyone wants to get involved, I will post a thread about it.

We did do this years ago for 3 years successively.. It was wonderful. UNtil the Mendocino Dominatrix Women decided that the Men were having too much fun with the Cannabis Cup part of the party. haha.. And not doting over them. Awww.w.w...

50 or so happy judges - 25 or so entries. A bong and a pipe at every table. Lighters tied to the benches. Some vaporizers. Mostly outdoor product. Much of it Organic. Some indoor. All judged by the Cream of the Happy Mendocino Lifetime tokers/growers. The results were gratifying to me personally each year. Got me two blue ribbons and a few 2nds and thirds too. Can't wait to do it again.

It will not be free, costwise, this time for Judges or Entrants - but that is how things are going in 'Merka.. Everything is Inflationary, so whatcha gonna do...? But it is worth it.

We will secure a nice outdoor space, with a lodge to maybe sleep over in. And keep it on the Super DL, until the day of the event. These competitions, while all in fun, can be a pretty serious business..!!! People put their heart and soul into the "Cali Beasters" as you people who don't get the headies call it..!!!!! lolol..

Definitely separates the Men/Women from the boys/girls, without the need for a crowbar... haha.

ROTSA RUCK WITH ALL>>>> !!

Id be interested....

Time to show Mendocino that indoor will stomp outdoor...