What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblehead overtakes

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
High bobble,

Glad to hear that you've got a new spot sorted bro :) Looks like this is going to be very VERY epic!!

I'm a bit lost though... are you saying that you have six and a half 72 site trays + 80 straw DD clones i.e: 548 cuttings? If so daaaaaaaamn!!! Your going in homie!!!

If your only running 2 racks to begin with are using all the clones in those 2 racks?

Can't wait to see this up and running ma dude, I know your going to smash it... I can tell by your persistence!

BTW what are you overtaking, the house?

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
but... it's not all shits and giggles over here... The thing about gardening, is there are no short cuts. It's like life. You get out what you put in. The lessons are hard... So be prepared.

The racks are disassembled, and still have to get to the new spot. That's fine, b/c this new grow starts with the veg, and not the flower... You have to veg your plants before you can flower them, so it only makes sense to put the veg together first...
picture.php

That's not to say that I don't have plants to flower though... ;) I have these moms taking up space.. and now that I'm confident in my cloning abilities, I can do away with the crutch. A lot of new growers ask about how you should trim your plants for a vert grow. Well look close, cause that's what these pics are for. Notice that the insides are cleaned out, sucker branches taken out... Everything was used for clones. I pretty much only left tops, and a few small bit of foliage that will grow some buds on the lower part of the plant. Remember that the bottom does receive light as well, so you don't have to strip is 100% naked, but close to it.
picture.php

picture.php

and my room that is currently flowering needs to go back into veg... I'm 2 weeks in with stunted growth and no pistils. I have healthy foliage... pH is on point. So it's a pest. Russet mites most likely. I didn't forbid this crop and I'm kicking myself.
picture.php

good luck with the new spot... fuc**** mites... i have had similar problems with my current grow... had to transplant and brush off every mite i could find by hand... i will deff as of now treat each & every cutting when rooted and make sure theyre 100% healthy & clean before i flower... not much point otherwise... waste of time & money

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
yea, you know bobble is doing it big Shhh..... haha, this is going to be some real epic shit once everything is up and running.

aod

bobblehead

Veteran
You done what you had to do and it sounds like your new place is perfect with the owners out of town. Tearing down and relocating, the joys of a grower, I'm Looking forward to your thread taking off.

Best of luck to ya.
HGO

Thanks buddy! Just don't go giving me a sticky until I have the cat in the bag, ok? I have enough stress as it is... lol... and maybe send me a PM when it happens to let me know my thread wasn't deleted. ha ha...

High bobble,

Glad to hear that you've got a new spot sorted bro :) Looks like this is going to be very VERY epic!!

I'm a bit lost though... are you saying that you have six and a half 72 site trays + 80 straw DD clones i.e: 548 cuttings? If so daaaaaaaamn!!! Your going in homie!!!

If your only running 2 racks to begin with are using all the clones in those 2 racks?

Can't wait to see this up and running ma dude, I know your going to smash it... I can tell by your persistence!

BTW what are you overtaking, the house?

well the cuts in the 72 site flats don't have roots yet... so they're not plants. :) but yeah... I have over 500 cuts. Not all the same strain... I have enough Grape Skunk cuts to fill up another rack room. The other clones will be used for more moms, rather than keeping a big mom around... and to fill up a garage grow to make up for lost harvests due to inexperience cloning. The 80 StrawDD clones are for the next rack grow. As long as my body holds up I should have it up and running next week. I still have 90 StrawDD cuts that haven't rooted... so maybe some will miraculously grow some roots and I'll have 96 for a full house. I have a SB x SSSDH that roots super fast, along with my USD... and Sour Amnesia roots easily as well. Production rooms are another monster, let me tell ya...

I'm overtaking everything... I intend to have the most efficient grow posted on icmag. I don't know anyone pulling upwards of 2gpw, and I have that potential. DHF has been telling me I have dialage under my nose the whole time... but now I really have dialage under my nose with the most recent modifications. Now I just have to feed the beast. I'm going to out-yield the growers using higher wattage setups, while maintaining high quality. My 8lbs will be greater than anyone else's 8lbs, because I will pay less to grow it. On top of that, I'll be pulling down 6-10lbs every month. I've been talking about it, but now I"m ready to do it. That is the overtake of bobblehead.

good luck with the new spot... fuc**** mites... i have had similar problems with my current grow... had to transplant and brush off every mite i could find by hand... i will deff as of now treat each & every cutting when rooted and make sure theyre 100% healthy & clean before i flower... not much point otherwise... waste of time & money

yeah bro, a clean start is the best way to go... but sometimes there's nothing you can do about it, especially with something as small as a mite and they have such short breeding cycles... It's best to stay on top of preventative maintenance, and don't forget.

yea, you know bobble is doing it big Shhh..... haha, this is going to be some real epic shit once everything is up and running.

aod

Thanks for the support dude. :thank you:

I'm working on getting this tree grow up and running...
picture.php

Last edited:

Mister_D

Veteran
Hey bobble exciting times for you i'm sure, busy times also hahaha. I'm knee deep in a trim session at the moment. Took a break for a smoke and some icmag, low and behold your new thread is up. Glad to see things are coming together for you. School is definitely in session, show us how it's done. I'm all about getting the same yield off of 3 lights I get off of 6 lights now. I've had some relevalations of my own concerning my take on the bobblepod design. Very intersted to see what you've got up your sleeve as well. I'll be watching, handle it buddy. Congrats on the house too, feels good to own something doesn't it.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IM up to my ass in trimming as well, I "sorta" created a new strain....Abusive Dog x Tangerine Haze...going to run a few next time to see wtf these Frankensteins look like.

Great Job bro...go BIg or go HOME!

D

DHF

Adapt or perish.......As you have and will always do as needed......and you know this.....respect....and.....

Everything`s right up under yer nose and ready ta start rotations ftw/portfolio......So much in front of yas Bro......so much potential....

Look how far you`ve come.....Keep strokin and handle it.....You`re doin fanfuckintastic on the road ta dialage.......

Peace....Freds.....:ying:....

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
livin' the dream while i'm just dreamin'....... nice house!
what's the footprint of the space in the tree grow?

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Hey Bobble. Seen lots of your threads. Just wanted to say good luck on the new place.

My one piece of advice would be not to even deal with a fickle strain, unless it will get you top dollar and can't be replaced by something else.

It's just not worth it when cash cropping. A stable, vigorous, hardy strain will let you sleep better at night and give you more leeway. A fickle strain will be a headache one day, it's just a matter of when.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Oh Anti, the way bobble is going, I am pretty sure there will plenty of room for all of us, and then some. Keep it green people.

aod

Mister_D

Veteran
Hey bobble quick question. How do you like that ushio metal halide? I've been looking into 600w halides lately and can't find much for solid opinions on them. I worked in the lighting industry for years and sold thousands of ushio bulbs (non horti related), so i'm a bit biased towards the brand. I use opti-reds almost exclusively for hps, but i'm curious how the halides perform. I ask because you seem to be a tough critic.

Maina

Veteran
Thanks buddy! Just don't go giving me a sticky until I have the cat in the bag, ok? I have enough stress as it is... lol... and maybe send me a PM when it happens to let me know my thread wasn't deleted. ha ha...

well the cuts in the 72 site flats don't have roots yet... so they're not plants. :) but yeah... I have over 500 cuts. Not all the same strain... I have enough Grape Skunk cuts to fill up another rack room. The other clones will be used for more moms, rather than keeping a big mom around... and to fill up a garage grow to make up for lost harvests due to inexperience cloning. The 80 StrawDD clones are for the next rack grow. As long as my body holds up I should have it up and running next week. I still have 90 StrawDD cuts that haven't rooted... so maybe some will miraculously grow some roots and I'll have 96 for a full house. I have a SB x SSSDH that roots super fast, along with my USD... and Sour Amnesia roots easily as well. Production rooms are another monster, let me tell ya...

I'm overtaking everything... I intend to have the most efficient grow posted on icmag. I don't know anyone pulling upwards of 2gpw, and I have that potential. DHF has been telling me I have dialage under my nose the whole time... but now I really have dialage under my nose with the most recent modifications. Now I just have to feed the beast. I'm going to out-yield the growers using higher wattage setups, while maintaining high quality. My 8lbs will be greater than anyone else's 8lbs, because I will pay less to grow it. On top of that, I'll be pulling down 6-10lbs every month. I've been talking about it, but now I"m ready to do it. That is the overtake of bobblehead.

yeah bro, a clean start is the best way to go... but sometimes there's nothing you can do about it, especially with something as small as a mite and they have such short breeding cycles... It's best to stay on top of preventative maintenance, and don't forget.

Thanks for the support dude. :thank you:

I'm working on getting this tree grow up and running...
picture.php
How big is your room?

bobblehead

Veteran
Thanks everyone for tagging in! :dance013:

livin' the dream while i'm just dreamin'....... nice house!
what's the footprint of the space in the tree grow?

How big is your room?

My grow spaces are roughly 8x8.

Hey Bobble. Seen lots of your threads. Just wanted to say good luck on the new place.

My one piece of advice would be not to even deal with a fickle strain, unless it will get you top dollar and can't be replaced by something else.

It's just not worth it when cash cropping. A stable, vigorous, hardy strain will let you sleep better at night and give you more leeway. A fickle strain will be a headache one day, it's just a matter of when.

Thanks Abja. I've had a lot of time to think and reflect on the different plants I've grown and the direction I want to take in the future. I'm still new to this... I appreciate the solid advice.

Hey bobble quick question. How do you like that ushio metal halide? I've been looking into 600w halides lately and can't find much for solid opinions on them. I worked in the lighting industry for years and sold thousands of ushio bulbs (non horti related), so i'm a bit biased towards the brand. I use opti-reds almost exclusively for hps, but i'm curious how the halides perform. I ask because you seem to be a tough critic.

The biggest complaint I've read with a digital 600w MH is that they blow out. I haven't had that problem. I've used 2 for several months now and they fire every time. It's a true MH, and not a conversion lamp. I don't have a meter to measure the lamp output... but I change my lamps regularly. I only use reds in flower cause they're the most cost effective. Blues for veg.