What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

North Carolinas House Bill 577 resurgence??

TrillOG

there are people who have brought up possibilities of it coming back up for review. anybody else heard anything about it??

Tp01

IDk about 577, but I did read that there are 3 bills this year and they offer med patients to grow up to 6lbs a year with a decent size grow space. I think I found the details from a link from the HB577 facebook page and surely the details are somewhere in googleland

Satyros

Well, the details are on ncleg dot net, same place where they hide all the other legislation. The intrepid seeker must request a text search and give it the term, marijuana.

The House version vanished and was identical to the Catherine Zanga one, except the latter mentions, by name, this person, Catherine Zanga. And she's dead.

It's not very draconian compared to others, however, it stalled in a commitee over a year ago. It's enactment would be Dec. 1 of this year, if enacted, however, I have been watching this clown car go in circles for years on a variety of things, and what they do with most items is never vote on it.

It would almost certainly pass, except that it won't ever be voted on.

Fwiw, 577 is about Gaming Machines, so although there was a House version of the marijuana act, that wasn't it.