You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Well Wishes > RIP John Mccain

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
RIP John Mccain Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2018, 01:54 AM #21
ronbo51

ronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to all
John McCain's dad was an admiral, as was his grandpappy before him, so his path was well blazed. He would have never been accepted at the naval academy otherwise, and barely made it through due to his being a discipline problem.

McCain was responsible for killing a lot of men on the USS Forestal after he got his wings when he did some hot dog stunt that caused missiles to be fired and nearly sunk the ship. I don't know if he ever thinks about all the people he killed from his cockpit on the many missions he flew over south Vietnam, or if any of the generations of pilots who have come since ever think about the poor fucks they kill when they flew. I guess he had a lot of time to think about it in the Hanoi Hilton.

Not in line to ever be an admiral, Mcain came home from Nam with a plan. He parlayed his status into a Senate seat that he held forever. He quickly realized the frumpy old bag that stood behind him all those years was not going to cut it at the DC cocktail fund raising events. So, he dumped her and married the billionaire beer heiress, setup a foundation, and made himself into the portal through which all the MIC trillions had to pass.

Almost immediately upon entering the senate MCCain's lust for power and greed got him ensnared in a kickback scheme with Savings and Loan Institutions that were inflating the value of commercial real estate and everybody was pulling millions in bribes and payoffs and MCCain got caught dead nutz, but was able to get off completely while others went to prison and the entire Savings and Loan industry collapsed and billions were lost and the economy spiraled into many years of recession. The Keating Five is what the scandal was called. Google that shit.

Every war since Vietnam has been personally organised, carefully planned and funded through McCain. It has made him fabulously wealthy and immensely powerful. From Iraq 1 and 2, Yugoslavia, Ukraine, Libya, Syria, and Yemen, McCain was at the designers table deciding who lives and who dies. How many millions in Iraq. There are pictures with MCCain and alBaghdadi from ISIS. It is well known that ISIS is a CIA construct. Lybia was a perfectly fine, if not totally fucked up north African country minding its own business when we went in and blew it up, at least 500K dead there. Same with Syria, another 500K dead there. Syria is probably McCains crowning achievement. He tried harder than anything in his life to get us in a war in Syria.I'm sure he looked at it as his greatest failure that we didn't.

13 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:51 AM #22
Bourbon Kush

Keating Five (ABSCAM) was in fact an example of politicians (John Glenn & McCain) being above the law. The comments about the USS Forrestal are not true, but McCain was involved.

I find it interesting that McCain died 9 years to the day that Sen Kennedy died also of brain cancer.

I will state authenticated facts about those who have passed, but there is a reason to "never speak ill of the dead", as I have witnessed for myself the consequences of such actions.

Think positive thoughts and always hold yourself above the cesspool of evil, both in thought and deed.

Grow well and prosper!

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:08 AM #23
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
ronbo - Everyone knows that story is fabricated and false. Just another attempt to smear McCains reputation.

Fact check:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jo...uss-forrestal/

Politifact:
https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...ire-aboard-us/

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...rcraft-carrier

"John McCain narrowly escaped the fire and, afterwards, volunteered for duty on the USS Oriskany. Just three months later, his plane was shot down over North Vietnam and he was taken prisoner. He was not released until five-and-a-half years later, in 1973."

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:26 AM #24
moose eater

Location: Off a dead-end dirt road, near a river, out of town, in the hills and trees
moose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivormoose eater is a survivor
I typically don't attend the wakes of those I disrespect. Seen enough losses that I don't even attend wakes of those I loved or cared for in most cases, with only a few hard-core exceptions. And then I stare at the ground, and leave as quickly as possible.

I know that there are those who the Country idolizes, often from delusional hero-worship and nationalism, or what ever, whom I otherwise draw lines with.

But I try to park my politics and resentments at the door, or at home, when their loved ones are grieving and wearing black.

It is a statement of our slide downward when some who are not as fair in their pasts or positions are regarded as moderates (cough, cough, Colin Powell), but there are places these sentiments might be better kept from. Not that we need to join in on any reframing of life that defies reality, but that some things or moments deserve respect.

Death's door is the place we leave our worldly achievements or crimes, and move onto what ever lays beyond, good, bad, ugly or sobering.

Peace to any hurting over John McCain's departure.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:28 PM #25
ronbo51

ronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to allronbo51 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Squall View Post
ronbo - Everyone knows that story is fabricated and false. Just another attempt to smear McCains reputation.

Fact check:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jo...uss-forrestal/

Politifact:
https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...ire-aboard-us/

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...rcraft-carrier

"John McCain narrowly escaped the fire and, afterwards, volunteered for duty on the USS Oriskany. Just three months later, his plane was shot down over North Vietnam and he was taken prisoner. He was not released until five-and-a-half years later, in 1973."
I stand behind the Forestal claim. Snopes and politifact mean nothing. McCain was an admirals son. It would have looked horrible to have an aircraft carrier sunk by him. He was in line on the flight deck. He was waiting and got bored and did a "wetstart". It ignited the plane directly behind him and a missile was fired. Everyone on the deck saw it. Many books and recounts were made. They all tell the same story. History whitewashed that shit to protect everyone.

MCCain has the blood of millions on his hands, and he used that blood to further his own wealth and career. He was evil. Now he is going to lie in state in the capitol rotunda and everyone is going to talk about how great he was. I find it disgusting.

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:21 AM #26
Green Squall

Green Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivorGreen Squall is a survivor
Ronbo can you provide some sources and names of books? Not saying your wrong, but right now it sounds like nothing more than a conspiracy theory.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:01 AM #27
hubcap
StackinCalyxs

hubcap is a glorious beacon of lighthubcap is a glorious beacon of lighthubcap is a glorious beacon of lighthubcap is a glorious beacon of lighthubcap is a glorious beacon of lighthubcap is a glorious beacon of lighthubcap is a glorious beacon of lighthubcap is a glorious beacon of lighthubcap is a glorious beacon of lighthubcap is a glorious beacon of lighthubcap is a glorious beacon of light
theres something to be said about someone who endures torture (the Hanoi Hilton was NO FKN JOKE) and when offered an opportunity to be freed, he rejected it on the grounds that there were others there longer than him, and THEY needed to be freed first. Half the candy-asses in here criticizing the man over this wouldn't last 10 minutes under those conditions. I'm a former Marine and I dont know if I could endure it....

While Im not much of a person to speak highly of politicians, and I didnt always agree with Mr McCain, his personal sacrifices, and his service to my country is something I respect and admire.
Thats not easy for me to say about politicians. Of ANY color.

all this "hes got blood on his hands talk" is horsepuckey.
He was ONE member of a committee. Precious liberals wear the same bloodstained clothes. They ALL do when they vote to unleash the dogs.
Thats petulance talking.

-cap

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2018, 03:59 AM #28
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Squall View Post
Ronbo can you provide some sources and names of books? Not saying your wrong, but right now it sounds like nothing more than a conspiracy theory.
Good or bad, McCain did what he did. We all make foolish choices. Ronbo...try being a POW for years and see how that affects your psyche. And snopes usually has a pretty good grip on falsehoods or truth.
Didn't agree with some of McCain's tantamount politics, but he and others strived to make America a better place.

As title says....RIP John.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders in the USA- check out our unique quality cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds for medical conditions and recreational stimulus at down to earth prices. Now 12 years running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2018, 05:03 AM #29
EvergreenState

EvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to beholdEvergreenState is a splendid one to behold
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Here is a little story about the Keating 5 which helped Keating rob many thousands of retirees out of their life savings; all of which had to be paid back by the taxpayers. All McCain cared about was himself and his political career. My God he helped Keating rob all of those people while he and his family benefitted greatly. Can you imagine the suffering all of those retirees went through. All of benefits from their life's work stolen. Their dream of a peaceful retirement gone. Their lives in shambles. I knew one of those retired couples and it broke them. All of their dreams gone. They were terribly depressed and now destitute.
Good old Johnny was living it up off of the suffering of those people. He was a sociopath.https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...g-five-6431838
Political zealotry makes one blind to sincere human emotions.
A socially inept man created the world's largest social networking site and is telling the world what is social.

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:27 AM #30
Lost in a SOG

Lost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud of
He really really really seemed an awful horrible greedy war hawk to me. Borderline evil..

I watched him commit terrible crimes encouraging conflicts around the world that only benefited the military industrial complex. A grotesque killer.. Only judging the man on what I saw him do, I felt he was in some ways everything that was wrong with America.. He was a true imperialist and encouraged purely conflict between people/s and no democracy or diplomacy.. He did this inciting in Georgia and in the faux uprisings across north Africa to name a couple... You can find better politicians sleeping on your streets than him Imo.. Fuck imperialism it will be the thing that kills Amuurica, the "elites" are counting on it.

Last edited by Lost in a SOG; 08-29-2018 at 10:37 AM..

5 members found this post helpful.

Thread Closed