What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2018 Norcal ~ My Backyard

Vaporbud

That glue looks so frosty. My slimer is the same way. All other plants lackin in the thc section tho

Thanks man. :tiphat: Im surprised how frosty it is but I shouldn't be since its GG4 cross... looks just like sour d to me. but better. Reeks of skunky dankness from a distance, barely touch a bud and its grease! SOUR D ON FIRE // sweet lemon with gasoline or kerosene throw in some greasy rags with bad body odor. :artist:

I gotta check out that slimer! :rasta:

Vaporbud

Extremely nice plants friend. I love the Cali & WC gardens.....got the chairs to watch those monsters grow. That's the tell tell sign of a WC garden lol, besides huge trees, it's the chairs. I'd like to be out there with you guys. Beautiful work I'm glad to watch these to the end

Ha! Thank you wvkindbud38. I appreciate that. Yeah man, must have chairs cause you're gonna be there a while. Cold drinks help too. Thanks for checking them out bro. :rasta:

Vaporbud

Yeah, except I used it wrong, Vaporbud's cross which started around Aug 1 had about 9 hours 40 mins of night, not 10 hours 40 minutes.
Is that right! Ill have to check that out . Interesting. 9:40 I wonder what the light period is when they are put out in the spring as seedlings, say May 1. probably well over 12 hours of light. Which is the great advantage of seeds over clones outdoors as we all know. :tiphat:

PDX Dopesmoker

Is that right! Ill have to check that out . Interesting. 9:40 I wonder what the light period is when they are put out in the spring as seedlings, say May 1. probably well over 12 hours of light. Which is the great advantage of seeds over clones outdoors as we all know. :tiphat:

May 1 is easy if you already looked up August 1, they're both crossquarter days and have nearly the same length of nighttime. I've started seeds outside as early as the last week of March without getting early flowering issues at my latitutde, but our nights get shorter quicker than yours do.

Vaporbud

Looks good vapor, what are you gonna do about support?
It looks like they are stacking

Thanks Noonin NorCal. Its a good question. I'm planning to use t-posts, 1 on each side of the sativas and put a hoop of 4 foot hogwire up about half way to just keep them caged a little, the other 2 probably nothing. I do have a bunch of netting around here and maybe wrap the 2 shorter plants with some of that. All the plants have a hogwire cage in the middle which holds the plants steady in the wind, but the sativas branches will need something. Probably should do that this weekend if I get time... :rasta:

Vaporbud

A couple of pics from today:
picture.php

GG4XSD
picture.php

picture.php

ChemD X Galadriel
picture.php

:rasta:

Vaporbud

Golden Tiger:
picture.php

Different perspective:
picture.php

Growing tip:
picture.php

Purple Haze X KaliChina:
picture.php

Thanks for checking them out and the comments! :rasta:

Vaporbud

looks good, is it 4 plants per house the new legal no?

Thanks Chiukypigs, nah, that's all I wanted to grow. I think its still 6, and I'm medical, although not current. Of course it's now legal for recreational in Cali but my little town passed a no outdoor ordinance which I ignore. :rasta:

radioman

Wow!... You Guys (& Gals) grow the biggest plants I have ever seen. And not just your thread but all you growers in California grow the biggest, nicest plants!...

Vaporbud

I think it's time for an update. The grow is going well. All plants are budding now. I found 1 spider mite web across a bud top about 2 weeks ago. Sprayed everything with spinosad a couple times. Drenched with it as well, supposedly makes the mites less welcome. Have not seen another since. I realize Spinosad is not effective on mites but I figure I always have some mites on my plants. It's just keeping them from infesting that is key. I have not seen a single bud worm this year but I have been seeing the white moths the last week or so. Ill keep up with the Spinosad.

The GG4XSD is going to finish quick. That plant will probably be done in 2 weeks , the ChemXGaladriel Im guessing 3 weeks more. I never did hook up my RO system. The well water is very hard. The plants suffer over their life eventually showing the effects of the mineralized water. Not a perfect situation. This seems to cause the plants hunger faster that they would. I have been feeding relatively heavily all year with earthjuice first grow and now bloom. I throw 4 or 10 handfuls of composted chicken manure in the pot every couple weeks just reacting to the hunger I see. I use Recharge drench twice a week. I top dressed with a heavy doses of high P guano in the last couple weeks. Here are some pics from today.

You can see how windy it is on the Haze.

picture.php

picture.php

:rasta: