What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why can't I give reputation anymore?

So all of a sudden it's now saying I can't like a post or leave a rep for anybody. When I try it says I need 25 or more posts to be able to do so. Have I gotten in trouble for leaving too much positive reps for people? If I've overstayed my welcome here or something y'all can tell me I'm a big boy lol

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
There is a limit on rep you can give out in a 24 hr period.

Tomorrow you will be able to rep members again.

There is a limit on rep you can give out in a 24 hr period.

Tomorrow you will be able to rep members again.

Ok I'll try tomorrow and see its odd cause besides you and a couple other people I've left rep for I haven't left much in the last 24hrs or at least I didn't think I had. I'll wait and see thnx man

I also thought the reps just turned grey or something when youve left too much during a 24hr period. That's why when I saw it saying something about needing 25 posts that I assumed there was a problem.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I always hit the daily limit. I even put [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You may not vote on any more threads today. In my signature.
[/FONT]

I always hit the daily limit. I even put [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You may not vote on any more threads today. In my signature.
[/FONT]

Lol well I feel better then I must've repped a bunch of people then and didn't realize it. This was my first time hitting the limit and figured if you did then the reps just showed up grey instead of green or something. Sounds good thnx guys and btw I like your avatar man the mighty boosh is one of my favorite shows to watch when I'm baked:biggrin:

Haven't had anymore issues leaving reps now I just hit my daily limit after being online for 15min lol. It was weird for a couple days there it wasn't saying I had hit my daily limit it was saying I needed 25 or more post like I was a new member. Not sure what was going on but it's all good now thanks again guys

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
It doesn't reset all rep points every 24 hours, it's a 24 hour cooldown for each rep. So let's say you can post 20 rep a day. You used 19 of them in a 2 minute period. But then the last one was 3 hours later. 24 hours after the 19 used you would have the 19 back, but you wouldn't get that last one reset for another 3 hours after that. Hope that makes sense, I just woke up so I'm still sober :D

It doesn't reset all rep points every 24 hours, it's a 24 hour cooldown for each rep. So let's say you can post 20 rep a day. You used 19 of them in a 2 minute period. But then the last one was 3 hours later. 24 hours after the 19 used you would have the 19 back, but you wouldn't get that last one reset for another 3 hours after that. Hope that makes sense, I just woke up so I'm still sober :D

That makes total sense dude I just run through my daily limit so fast whenever I first sign on so it always seems like I run totally out every 24hrs. Probably cause I got a habit of trying to rep back everybody that reps me but I usually run out before I can and gotta wait a day lol. Even if you weren't sober I'd still be able to understand you brother. Peace agent

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm with ya. The worst/best is forgetting about a thread then 3 months later going in and hitting everybody with rep :D

Yeah I run into that sometimes when I'm trying to rep back somebody who hasn't posted recently. Then i gotta do a search of their posts and go back a few months to find one I can rep up. Peace agent:smoke:

I mostly rep newbies to encourage their continued participation.

I do the same and recently started doing what agent does too so people will feel welcome here. Been on many other forums full of haters so I try to do my part to make this a chill place to hang out. Glad to see others feel the same way:)

White Beard

Bumpity bump!

How many reps are you allotted each day, and what governs it?

I’ve been scouring the forums for months (more or less non-stop - the joys of semi-retirement!), but there’s so many threads and comments genuinely worthy of the bump. Personally I don’t give a flip how old it is, if it’s worth it, it’s worth it.

I’d also like to know the relationship between “voting” and “adding reputation”: they def seem linked, but can’t tell how.

Skip? Agent P?

Gry

Feel like I make out best when leave rep first, then click yes for liking the post.

Thanks for adding reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn.