What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Himalayan Ganjas Geurilla Grow In The Swamp

I don't have Black berry's where I am at, but find areas with berries are generally good. A quick google search and I find this for Black berry.

Site Selection for Blackberry Bushes
Light: Full Sun

Soil: Prefer acidic to slightly basic (6.0-7.0), well-drained, organic soil. However, they adapt to most soil types except alkaline and wet. If you have clay soil, you will need to amend with organic matter. To increase the soil's organic content, amend with organic mulch-wet peat moss, well-aged sawdust, straw or leaf litter.

Sounds like a good match to me.

I have found places with nettles are usually really good, although can be a bit wet. Watch out they can cause irritation of the skin. I don't know if you have them there?
https://depts.washington.edu/propplnt/Plants/Urtica dioica.htm

Also adding gypsum like Easy7 said would help. It is cheap and you don't need to bring a 50 lb bag in at one time. Bring a few pounds each time you go.

I well researched spot is hard to find and takes a lot of work. Once found prepare it like you will be using it for several years to come, as you very well might be. It will get better every year.

Peace GG

I don't know if its the same for blackberries, but as far as blue berries go, you don't need to plant them in an acid soil, they prefer pH 5.5 only under certain nutrient conditionss...

I don't have Black berry's where I am at, but find areas with berries are generally good. A quick google search and I find this for Black berry.

Site Selection for Blackberry Bushes
Light: Full Sun

Soil: Prefer acidic to slightly basic (6.0-7.0), well-drained, organic soil. However, they adapt to most soil types except alkaline and wet. If you have clay soil, you will need to amend with organic matter. To increase the soil's organic content, amend with organic mulch-wet peat moss, well-aged sawdust, straw or leaf litter.

Sounds like a good match to me.

I have found places with nettles are usually really good, although can be a bit wet. Watch out they can cause irritation of the skin. I don't know if you have them there?
https://depts.washington.edu/propplnt/Plants/Urtica dioica.htm

Also adding gypsum like Easy7 said would help. It is cheap and you don't need to bring a 50 lb bag in at one time. Bring a few pounds each time you go.

I well researched spot is hard to find and takes a lot of work. Once found prepare it like you will be using it for several years to come, as you very well might be. It will get better every year.

Peace GG

there are nettles in this part of the world but not at my plots. actually they could come up in spring at my sites though. last year i was looking at soil types, water availability and light coverage. i didnt think to observe the native plants. now i know that the plants tell a lot.

greetings

i decidede to germinate 5 more seeds, so i can have enough mother plants fo clones. i had at first done 5 leda uno, and 6 DNA GENETICS lemon skunk. and now 10 days later 3 ledas and 3 lemon skunk survive. so 6/11 seeds grew into healthy plants. quite a poor survival rate for seeds.

then the othe day i did 5 lemon kush from OASEEDS BULK SEEDS; super cheap they were. well 5/5 sprouted and within 12 Hours. within 24 hours they were above ground and putting out first leaves. these seeds show much vigour. more then the other 'Brand Name' seeds. so my point is that just because a seeds costs alot doesnt mean a dang thing. imagine the number of potential genetic variations that are present in the dna of cannabis? millions. so really any seed can be a ' realy good seed' or a total dudd seed.

last year i grew bag seed produced by the pollenation of some indoor skunk strains, by an undetected banana, thus creating feminised seeds, which also grew with extreme vigour;

just something to think aboiut

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Looks beautiful! And I agree, cheap/bag seeds can turn out very nice despite being considered trash genetics. I'm looking forward to this swamp grow.

greetingss. ineed some help. i aalready filled up 15 swamp tubes with plain coco. i plan to add chicken poop pellets , lime, and some kelp if i can find it here. also maybe composted manure of cow and horse. the question is this.

if i add these fertilizers n,ow in february that makes three months in advance. will the nutes leech out or loose their strenght over 3 months.

i can also add all the above ingredients at planting time in may thus loosing nothing to leaching or runoff or just decomposing of the nutrients.

so people what would ou do put the erts down now or right before tansplant in may? any info on this i what i want to hear. thanks

is there a simple super soil recipie for coco? what does yall put in coco for geurilla ops?

so i have about 30 SWAMP TUBES already in place. fiftenn with coco and fifiteen at another spot with forest humus soil/compost. this spot will also have about 15 grow bags placed ontop of some really big holes that i dug and re filled with the same forest-humus-compost-soil. thes are in spot where wate table is about a foot below surface

gorilla ganja

If your using organic fertilizer, I say mix it in now so it has some time to break down and become available to the plants.

I usually mix in 1 part native soil to 2 parts cocco, some slow release fertilizer and lime.
I have mixed and then planted right away, but may be better to mix a week or so before planting if possible.

Peace GG

hello gg

thanks for your quick reply. so you say 1/3 parts native soil with the coco. i will def do that to add life into the coco.

i saw in you album some swamp grow bags right? how did you add nutes. did you put it all in the beginning, eliminating the need to top dress before flower? and i guess if i were to top dress before flower then i would have to water in those dry nute at least once a week to get the nutes down to the roots.

so as you suggest i will go ahead and add the nutes to the coco tubes at beginning of march giving it two full months to break down.

for the in ground plot i will add nutes 2 weeks in advance, around the 15 april

at the farm i work at i can get lots of rabbit poo. i decided i am going to put this in all the tubes and bags. i can have really old like years and years old , or fresh stuff as well. and all throught the season i can top dress with it too

gorilla ganja

I use a chemical fertilizer, slow release, small pellets. Just mix in the top 1/3 of the tube a cup or 2 depending on what kind.
If you have problems and need to address them quickly a quick acting powder can be applied to the top.

Now if your going organic it's a whole different game. Takes time to break down and work.I'm no expert so I'll let others help you with that. But if you go this route it's a lot more weight to carry. A couple pounds of chemical ferts or hundreds of pounds of rabbit shit.
It is your choice I'm just saying that it does not have to be the perfect set up that one would want if it was in your back yard and easy to work on.

Check out the PH of the swamp water if you can. Usually acidic so adding lime at time of planting is good.

One thing I like to do and suggest you try is experiment. Try out a few different mixes in the tubes and you will quickly find out what works best for your area and amount of work you want to put in.

Peace GG

thanks gg for your words of wisdom

i too have a chem fert granule i will use as the main nutes, its NPK 12 12 17 and i will add like one litre of rabbit poo to each plant just for the sake of diversity in the soil, a little poop is better then none. i will also add some composted chicken manure pellets, which are highly compacted and one 5 LB BAG is enough for this plot.

Last edited:
i found two new sites today one on a sandy river bank thats about 6 feet above the river. good sun and low shrubs for concealment. sandy river loam black in color shold be quite rich .
digging such soil is soooooo easy so big hole are in planning

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
great thread, got to tag this.

re the coco, don't use it pur, it will dry out too quick. you want to mix it in with native soil about half and half in my opinion.

organic nutrients like bone meal and blood meal can attaract critters that dig up your nice prepared holes and spread the soil all over the place. bastards.

best of luck.

great thread, got to tag this.

re the coco, don't use it pur, it will dry out too quick. you want to mix it in with native soil about half and half in my opinion.

organic nutrients like bone meal and blood meal can attaract critters that dig up your nice prepared holes and spread the soil all over the place. bastards.

best of luck.

hello gaius

i also came to the conclusion that i neeed to mix lots o soil into the coco since coc is normally used with cannabis specific liquid feeding indoors, and outdoors with time release dry nutes mixed into it, it needs real soil life forms to make the dry nute available to the roots. thats how i see it.

about the drying out, the coco i am using in swamp,,marsh areas with a getto version of swamp tubes, so hopefully they will draw up water from below, since coco has good capillary action.

i dont ever use blood and bone. for personal reasons, ethics. i dont eat meat so i wont feed meat to my gals.

i dont judge anyone who does enjoy meat though. thats the beauty of the human form of life is CHOICE only humans get to choose their destiny.

sadly though nowdays most of the all organic fertilizer granules that i can find in my area, have blood and bone incorperated into the mix.