What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Himalayan Ganjas Geurilla Grow In The Swamp

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
That leaf spot and brown bud rot is exactly what I get. It's caused by Botrytis and is a systemic issue, not just localized to the buds. It will remain in the soil unless treated with copper fungicide. The disease has popped up for me long before flowers start showing up. Just cut off the brown parts and the rest should be salvageable. I'll gladly take that over powdery mildew.

dufous

One spray with the copper stopped the leaf spot on the Satori. The Romulans and Purple Paro Valley were unaffected. Bud rot is a non-issue with mold-resistant strains. It always appears two weeks before harvest when the calyxes start to swell up. It only affects a few buds, which are easily trimmed out, and doesn't spread. It's really not a big deal.

dufous

Swamp Tube Garden
Purple Paro Valley in foreground.

picture.php

picture.php

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Surprising to see the plants looking so robust despite the canopy of tree cover above. First rate job as always.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Surprising to see the plants looking so robust despite the canopy of tree cover above. First rate job as always.
I was pondering the same thing. Those broadleaf types sure can soak in the sun, or what little of it there is. I've always made sure my plants got a MINIMUM of 4 hours of full, direct sunlight. I've seen a few other growers do this too. Obviously, they produce better with more light but perhaps they don't need as much as we think?

Might be worth the added cover/security for a little sacrifice in yield...

Good job man!

dufous

Flooded out in July from rain and beavers.

Saved this smaller Satori and the larger Bangi Haze. Harvest later this week.

Satori.JPG
Bangi Haze.JPG