What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

Rodehazrd

My ATV

Attachments

• IMG_2447 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2447 - Copy.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 11

Rodehazrd

Tycoo

You mentioned seeding the best one. Would you mind saying some about how you select. I hope to cross my Bangi with the Oaxacan. Should It be BXO or OXB . The obvious answer is both I guess, but choosing a male what should be the parameters?:tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
People who grow regular plants are in a better position to tell you on selecting a male. Post in the breeding thread. They'll be able to help you.

As for the female it's up to you to select the pheno you're interested in most. I believe the female passes on more of the phenotypic characteristics. From what I've read, a male that flowers is the golden ticket as opposed to a female that hermies. But it's quite rare. I can feminize seeds, but I wish I knew how to make them all male. Then I'd go on the hunt, clone the shit out of it, and spread it like the clap to any breeder that asks for it.

I'm tagging 3 females in 3 spots. My priorities are;
1- Earliest Flower
2- Leaf to Calix ratio (I hate trimming)
3- Height (I don't care about stealth)
4- Tight node spacing
The final selection will die standing. Every once in a while we get nice weather until Christmas. I'll take that chance. No risk, no glory right?

Since it's all the same strain, and it's pretty stable, i don't expect differences to jump out. But I may get lucky on the height and early flowering.

M

metsäkana

IMG_3416.jpg

:D how semi-auto triploids grow anyone have pics? can i do anything funny with it? :biggrin:

M

metsäkana

they are already in ground allknowing troutmaggot.. this is best style to get many autos out little vegged .. next time i plant even more together just for you baby

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I like them in separate pots. I have 350 autos out and they all got their own pots because autos tend to hermie if you mess with them.

troutman

Seed Whore
I like them in separate pots. I have 350 autos out and they all got their own pots because autos tend to hermie if you mess with them.

What Auto strain did you grow and are any of them regular seeds?

I think I know somebody who mentioned getting hermie Autos before.

I think he played with his plants too much. :peek:

M

metsäkana

ok my autos dont herm but if you cut the root they go small.. need to be carefull if you have sausage fingers like troutman dont do it

djonkoman

Veteran
Tycoo

You mentioned seeding the best one. Would you mind saying some about how you select. I hope to cross my Bangi with the Oaxacan. Should It be BXO or OXB . The obvious answer is both I guess, but choosing a male what should be the parameters?:tiphat:

personally I like to use multiple males, more genetic diversity but you can kill them after pollination so just one plant(the pollinated female) that I have to keep longer(like to reduce my amount of plants when possible due to illegality).
males are a bit of a wildcard for traits imo since you don't really see what they would express as female, but if you do controlled pollinations with gathered pollen you can lable each branch and see whose progeny does better.

I also like males with less stretch/tighter internodes and nice full clusters of balls, that look somewhat like nice fat buds as opposed to lots of room in between balls.
but do watch out with such beautifull males, I've had a few times where I had a male that looked beautifull, but then later in flower it showed female flowers.
so if I have such a male with nice close spacing between internodes, I always keep another male as backup just in case the beautifull male turns hermi.

early flowering is also a good trait to watch, one of the things you can see in a male. good vigour too.

Rodehazrd

Thanks for the breeding tips Y'all I have been somewhat successful picking girls from seedlings but the boys I just trash as soon as I can. The early flowering and vigor will be easy to spot. I can't get into saving a lot of clones but I loved the one Bangi I had and want to make f1's with another sativa like the Oaxacan.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
What Auto strain did you grow and are any of them regular seeds?

I think I know somebody who mentioned getting hermie Autos before.

I think he played with his plants too much. :peek:
lol. Ya. That was me. Actually, it was the wife. She transplanted the poor things 3 TIMES, then once in the garden!!! lol. Two hermied, and one stunted to about 8" and produced about 200 seeds.

That's why I banned her from the greenhouse. I won't even let her water them. In return she banned me from the kitchen and... I admit it... it hurt... but I accept that. :biggrin:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
personally I like to use multiple males, more genetic diversity but you can kill them after pollination so just one plant(the pollinated female) that I have to keep longer(like to reduce my amount of plants when possible due to illegality).
males are a bit of a wildcard for traits imo since you don't really see what they would express as female, but if you do controlled pollinations with gathered pollen you can lable each branch and see whose progeny does better.

I also like males with less stretch/tighter internodes and nice full clusters of balls, that look somewhat like nice fat buds as opposed to lots of room in between balls.
but do watch out with such beautifull males, I've had a few times where I had a male that looked beautifull, but then later in flower it showed female flowers.
so if I have such a male with nice close spacing between internodes, I always keep another male as backup just in case the beautifull male turns hermi.

early flowering is also a good trait to watch, one of the things you can see in a male. good vigour too.

Apparently males showing female flowers are sought after for breeding. I can't remember why though. In the past I just destroyed them.

M

metsäkana

im sorry i confused that 3 leaf shit to triploid.. its this one and now i know its hard to get to stay

Whorled phyllotaxy

Whorled phyllotaxy is a relatively common cannabis mutation, and causes three leaves to grow from each node rather than the usual two. Along with the extra leaf, an extra branch is also generated at each node, meaning that plants with whorled phyllotaxy often grow extra bushy!
Cannabis Mutations – Whorled phyllotaxy Whorled phyllotaxy is pretty and may lead to somewhat greater yields, but is generally considered relatively useless to breeders as the trait usually disappears with any efforts to develop true-breeding strains.