Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Legalization is a Bad Joke

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Do you think Cannabis will be legal without any restrictions in your lifetime.
Yes 22 11.52%
No 104 54.45%
Maybe 26 13.61%
Laws are fanciful and don't control what I do. 39 20.42%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Legalization is a Bad Joke Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2017, 06:22 PM #11
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesum View Post
Governments are a bad joke. Government is a reflection of people.

That said, I just sampled some herb I grew and did not stress out about the po po knocking on my door. Can not say the say the same before 64 went into effect.
There is no legal cannabis, only highly regulated.
Most would be at least a little stressed with this scenario.
"Knock-Knock"
Umm, excuse me sir, local sheriff here for a compliance check, may we come in?
Ok, sir we'll be right back with a warrant.

Don't kid yourself this is happening in every state with medical/rec cannabis laws.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:49 PM #12
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Cannabis will have laws associated with it as long as cannabis maintains any sort of value. And it's a very valuable plant!

Don't kid yourself either...
Regulation = Prohibition!
MJPassion is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:19 PM #13
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
So if regulation = prohibition and legalization = regulation then legalization = prohibition.
As it would seem legalization is kinda like the US dollar, it is only worth something if you believe it is.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:37 AM #14
baduy

baduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of lightbaduy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyballs View Post
So if regulation = prohibition and legalization = regulation then legalization = prohibition.
As it would seem legalization is kinda like the US dollar, it is only worth something if you believe it is.
With a total legalization without limitations and a plant in every backyard the real price of this plant would come to light.
A little pricier than tomato but not that much if you think in term of weight of the yeld.
baduy is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:26 PM #15
OldPhart

OldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of lightOldPhart is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIShadesOfBlck View Post
Legal is a bullshit term, if you have to pay taxes to use something there is no freedom.

The only good thing about legalization is it takes it off the LEO priority list. It seems it's still wise to fly under the radar.
Yep.

I for one won't be telling anyone, anything about growing/smoking than I would have before it was made legal where I am at. You can bet the farm that I won't be getting any permits, licenses, or inspections either. EVER!

I believe that the current legalization efforts are primarily a money/power grab, I don't believe any of the law makers give a shit one way or the other; as long as they get more money/power.
OldPhart is offline Quote

Old 04-03-2017, 03:09 PM #16
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Wink

seeing as how it is an intoxicant, there will ALWAYS be regulations irt it. to think otherwise is to stick your head in the sand & start shouting "NAHNAHNAHICAN'THEARYOUANDWON' TUNTILIGETMYWAYNAHNAHNAH..." even as innocuous a substance as home-made beer has regs. they are generous beyond belief & almost never enforced, but the laws are on the books in case some dimwit tries to start selling it. it will be much the same with weed...eventually. regardless of what the naysayers & prophets of doom might have you believe.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:13 PM #17
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
Cannabis will have laws associated with it as long as cannabis maintains any sort of value. And it's a very valuable plant!

Don't kid yourself either...
Regulation = Prohibition!
regulation equals REPEAL of prohibition. absolute freedom is not possible in a (semi)civilized society. anarchy SOUNDS cool until the mob is at YOUR door wanting in.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:46 PM #18
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=119598

8 year anniversary of this prediction that regulation not only doesn't change the legal challenges for growers but the long term dangers on low and middle class demographics

I get the frustration but tbh knowing the future doesn't prevent the world from ignoring the truth and reality

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured - Ureapwhatusow

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

Old 04-03-2017, 04:22 PM #19
EastFortRock

EastFortRock has a spectacular aura aboutEastFortRock has a spectacular aura aboutEastFortRock has a spectacular aura about
I don't think cannabis will be legal , with no restrictions , unless there is a total worldwide break down of society and no one was making money off it anyway. None of my unregulated home grown herbs produce huge like cannabis. I think the value of unregulated cannabis would be about the same as Rosemary or mint.
EastFortRock is offline Quote

Old 04-03-2017, 04:27 PM #20
seeded

seeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to beholdseeded is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoldhippy View Post
seeing as how it is an intoxicant, there will ALWAYS be regulations irt it. to think otherwise is to stick your head in the sand & start shouting "NAHNAHNAHICAN'THEARYOUANDWON' TUNTILIGETMYWAYNAHNAHNAH..." even as innocuous a substance as home-made beer has regs. they are generous beyond belief & almost never enforced, but the laws are on the books in case some dimwit tries to start selling it. it will be much the same with weed...eventually. regardless of what the naysayers & prophets of doom might have you believe.
There should always be a clear distinction made between personal and commercial cultivation in terms of the law. Personal should be a free for all but the second you trade for profit as a commercial entity you should adhere to strict rules and regulations for the good of everyone. Ensuring you don't sell buds covered in poison or cuttings with mites to the general public is a good thing but an acceptable risk on a personal scale where the problem is likely limited to a single garden.

If you want to think of it like beer anyone can buy a home brew kit as it doesn't contain alcohol and it's virtually a free for all until you want to go commercial which is when health and safety becomes an issue. If we brew up a tainted batch and drink it the government isn't going to care because the damage is going to be isolated to a small pocket instead of being sold on and spreading. Some people are obviously going to share but it's only going to be with their friends as it isn't free and requires a lot of work to do properly so until they decide to go in business even that doesn't really matter.

Cannabis can be treated exactly the same. It isn't a pipedream it's just not their version of legalization where they win the spoils is all so don't fall for the rules and regulations trap. Just one and they'll use it to raise revenue which means they'll purposefully make it difficult to comply, invade our privacy for surprise compliance checks, etc. and that's not us winning the war at all. We either gain personal freedom or the war continues.
seeded is offline Quote