What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch Treat Heritage Speculation

MadR1

No purple on the buds, and deffinately signs of foxtail genetics...

& I forgot to mention Guava Chem (LA) on my list of all time favs!

MadR1

Hits like a strong Sativa at first, then leaves a heavy couch lock body buzz that is perfect for getting me to sleep.

I suffer from a super ultra rare chronic back pain problem. Its common in people, only much older than me. I have had this problem for 18+ years now.

My lower 5 most vertebrae are severely de-generated, and they curve the wrong way. I always thought the problem was from a botched hernia surgery. I have had 3 hernia surgeries. Turns out, its not that. Perhaps when I fell on some stairs in NYC, back when the pain started.

Thank God for cannabis!!! My doctor tells me I am a near model for perfect health, otherwise, except for my lower than average lung capacity!

Vaporize!

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dutch Treat has been on Maui for seemingly forever
Its a sativa dominant plant that is ready in 10-11 weeks

Its half Super Silver Haze and I think Northern Lights... whatever it is, it works.
Its pretty bulletproof and is great for beginners and for advanced gardeners alike.

To me, and I have smoked a lot of this particular cut, it tastes like a spicy haze. It smells of fruit and a bit of pine at the top end, but the flavor is mid range spice. There are not any sour notes that I can pick up. Its good pot.

Ready4

Veteran
Pretty apparent there are more cuts going around labelled "Dutch Treat" that have nothing to do with the old school "Dutch Treat" strain from Canada. East Island Dutch Treat, great outdoor plant, done at the end of September, super reliable, decent nice indica buzz, orange flavor - decent but sure as heck nowhere near 20% + thc. I would consider it b-b+ grade, good laid back buzz that was enjoyed for years.

It's a BC strain its gotta be NL5xnl1 x sweet island skunkx purple kush. Love her to death heavy on the cbn could even be m39 x jack h. A good narcotic stone. Something about it reminds me of cookies too but nothing like headband sour , its all Pac NW flavors here

sativa92

cali-o x nl seems like the most likely genetic background..

ready4 hit it on the head.. The first gen i grew was like little x-mas trees done outdoors early with Great mold Resistance.. I inbred it few generations outdoors and found huge sativa pheno that popped up frequently that had a later finishing time.

rykus

One day if I'm motivated I'll pull out an old Cannabis canada or even might still have a preCC old paper seed list... It was an emery. Staple outdoor, as I think I. Stated earlier is older than jack for sure and Iland sweet skunk I'm pretty sure... Is old 80's weed...

Apomixis

Interesting topic. The Dutch Treat clone I've seen circulating Seattle is a shorter, early finishing, narrow-leaved hybrid that's rich in terpinolene. Considering it's proximity to B.C., is it too lazy to think this could be a chemotype of East Island's seedline?

As for Dutch Treat pre-dating Jack Herer; is this factual? How do we know this? JH was introduced in 1994 & Cannabis Canada began publishing in 1995. Was Emery (or any other vendor for that matter) advertising Dutch Treat previously?

Recent research in chemotaxonomy suggests a correlation between terpinolene and NLD("sativa") varieties. Excluding Haze's(Jack Herer), I'd be hard-pressed to identify any Dutch genes that contain that smell.

rykus

Ok guys, so I couldn't find any old pre Cannabis canada seed lists on paper, but I found Dutch treat in the nov/dec 97 issue (the older ones don't have seeds either fwiw)but yeah, I know it was there pre '94... I read those papers like a religious fanatic, lol.

Dutch Treat

The famed Amsterdam-British Colombia cross.A potent hash plant from Amsterdam crossed with BC indicas has produced this elusive connoisseur strain.buds in a dense "V" shape.Most potent indoor,but outdoor it is a much larger plant.

Flowering period 8 weeks.

Height 4'

Cheers

Also fwiw, says in the spice of life that sweet skunk was the grapefruit cut hit with a 95 sensi seed skunk male...

Croissant

Yeah there is several cuts of different strains with the name dutch treat. The stuff I smoked sounds nothing like the Hawaiian dutch treat or cali-o. What I smoked was lemony with a completely clear headed functional yet relaxing bodystone. Smoke buddies claimed it must be sativa because of the clear head but it felt like a pure indica to me.

medman225

I haven’t ever come across this strain as it always seemed like an old school heavy Afghan leaner... like a big bud or something(which I gotta say I love cookies n shit but critical mass that shanti sent to the emerald cup was a lot nicer than I expected)... but I came across a $90 ounce and had to grab some for my girl.

I found myself, as I broke up nugs from the DT and some other strain into their own jars, I subconsciously had been thinkin god what smells like OG to the max right now? And figured that I musta left some of my dosido out... but then I smell the DT straight up and I just realize holy fuck this is OG with a little zesty lemon but more of the sour/headband diesel background..

I know my strains and I am of the opinion that either one of the following is true:
1)Either someone took an old Dutch treat clone they somehow sourced, & crosses it with a loud OG with a diesel background(or less likely but still possibly an OG dom hybrid)
2)or Dutch treat was a parent or grandparent of OG(and or possibly diesel or headband)

Now admittedly of the 2 above scenarios, number 1 seems much more likely and plausible, as surely someone would have mentioned this before(the oddly Dead on Loud og with a diesel background reel profile of this Dutch treat)? But someone else also mentioned in this thread that their own sample of Dutch treat was very OG too... now maybe we just got herb from the same new version of Dutch treat? Like the ogkb v2 using cookies to spruce it up for today’s customers...

However, while the nug structure was tight as fuck, like cookie tight(doesn’t seem to e crossed to cookies but hell I could be wrong with the right pheno picked.... I just would expect her to be a bit more frosty if she was actually Dutch treatXgsc...
But the thing that threw me off was the old school calyx size... def smaller than today’s standard... not so small it was worthless, but the biggest buds were only small to medium sized compared to most other strains, OG included. I’ll post a pic or two. I could be wrong and I in no way wanna presume I know all, but I wanted to get anyone else’s thoughts on the matter... because if this is the real deal Dutch treat that doesn’t have any Og in it, then I’m very inclined to believe that she was a parent(hell even an s1 parent)

Attachments

• 03C1EFA0-D23F-478E-9A2B-BD065EAAAE45.jpg
    03C1EFA0-D23F-478E-9A2B-BD065EAAAE45.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 946591ED-0DF9-4CC3-B54E-67B9925268D5.jpg
    946591ED-0DF9-4CC3-B54E-67B9925268D5.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Ok guys, so I couldn't find any old pre Cannabis canada seed lists on paper, but I found Dutch treat in the nov/dec 97 issue (the older ones don't have seeds either fwiw)but yeah, I know it was there pre '94... I read those papers like a religious fanatic, lol.

Dutch Treat

The famed Amsterdam-British Colombia cross.A potent hash plant from Amsterdam crossed with BC indicas has produced this elusive connoisseur strain.buds in a dense "V" shape.Most potent indoor,but outdoor it is a much larger plant.

Flowering period 8 weeks.

Height 4'

Cheers

Also fwiw, says in the spice of life that sweet skunk was the grapefruit cut hit with a 95 sensi seed skunk male...

I gave DT a try in the 90's in the hills around Mission BC. Came in nice and early... no rot.

I have been sitting on a pack of EIS DT for a while now. I'm doing a early pheno hunt with a couple of strains for a greenhouse and they are next up. Popped them earlier this evening.

I did throw a few in a green house in 2001 that finished super frosty but I had a exhaust/heater flip on the timer so they got heat on a hot day and the blower came on at night when it dipped below freezing(Central BC). Whoops...

Yeah def an old, meaning pre Dzl/og fame. The high cbn is a nice surprise, i'd like to shake the breeders hands or put flowers on their grave. This nugg never shows up on my door step. Its not like its hoarded because it is sometimes a giveaway or ftc ftp gift. Reminds my of AK ssh and nlxbb def like a darker hashier sister to JackH.

I think this is what happens though when tobacco mixers grow and breed, the flavors start running together. Great pot tho, reminds me of a generic kinda headshop smell haha. Soo who(c0.) has the best seeds of this? Jordan?

My first indoor grow with good genetics was with Kens Mix from Emery Seeds. Dutch Treat x Shishkaberry. Fruity, tasty, smelly. It was lovely weed I’d like to grow again.

MadR1

Thanks for all the info! I know my beans a little better from it.

The seeds I first inherited that sparked my interest in breeding I now believe were Dutch Treat X Headband. I should have kept the line pure. That would be valuable to me these days as I’m interested in developing breeding skills.

In the 10 years since I inherited that great cross I LOVE the new taste even more.

My work on it, (DTH x Blueberry)F4 X GSC. F2.
I thought the GSC I used was the Thin Mints cut. Now think it was something GSC with SFV in it cause it looks and tastes a lot in the direction of Fire. Maybe Animal Cookies. I used to grow SFV and know that taste well.

Tight nugs that often have a great candy orange flavor, I try to imagine what DT was like pure by canceling out the elements I’m familiar with. Smoked Blueberry, Headband, GSC.

I got a Dutch Treat clone and crossed my beans to that, but I lost track of those beans, there weren’t many.

Bud Jones

Gahhh East Island seeds is now defunct of recent ?? One of my all time faves was their Purple Sk /Dutch treat . If any one has a line one these pm me .