Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Do you think legalizing cannabis will include home growing?

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Do you think legalizing cannabis will include home growing?
Yes, I feel home growing will be preserved. 52 33.12%
Yes, i feel the new laws are being constructed properly. 6 3.82%
No, I feel home growing will not be preserved. 11 7.01%
No way, tax money and GREED will take home growing from us. 88 56.05%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think legalizing cannabis will include home growing? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2014, 11:43 PM #31
Jhhnn
Banned

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by resinryder View Post
The MPP testified here in Nevada just how proud and happy they were to support Nevada's new mmj law that TOOK AWAY MMJ PATIENTS RIGHT TO GROW THEIR OWN. Saw/heard them say it with my own ears and eyes. The MPP has no ones interest at heart but their own.
Same goes for the ACLU that agreed in the same hearing with the new law that clearly violated patients rights in Nevada.
It was sickening to see how they both gushed over taking patients rights away. Fuckem!
Not exactly. The statute is like swiss cheese when it comes to growing one's own-

https://nvsos.gov/Modules/ShowDocumen...ocumentid=3294

Just claim you're growing a really oddball strain that the dispensary doesn't carry & it's the only thing that works. You can just keep on keeping on anyway until March of 2016 by which time it may be legal for everybody-

https://www.mpp.org/states/nevada/

If the legislature doesn't adopt it, it'll be on the 2016 ballot.

The subject wasn't MMJ, anyway, but rather legalization. The legalization proposal in Nevada clearly allows limited personal growing, as I said.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

Old 12-29-2014, 11:51 PM #32
Beta Test Team

Beta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
The trend so far is to include home growing- CO, AK, OR & DC. Only WA prohibits recreational home growing. CO & OR leave med growing unaffected, for sure.

Anything that the Marijuana Policy Project has a hand in creating will likely include home growing on the CO template. That's true of AK & DC with OR being somewhat different.

Other states need to step up, have it on the ballot for 2016. Obama's holding the door for you- dunno that his successor will come 2017.
CO = anyone over 21 can grow up to 6 plants at home, just because.

OR = anyone over 21 (or is 18?) can grow up to 4 plants at home, just because.

I think Alaska also allows recreational home growing?
Beta Test Team is offline Quote

Old 12-30-2014, 12:17 AM #33
Jhhnn
Banned

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsoon View Post
They won't need to tax it...I think (if it ever legalizes nationwide) the Gov't will simply up the penalties for sales and manufacture and say "All unlicensed sales are a criminal act"....just as they did with alcohol. And while there are still bootleggers out there (you know, like on TV and shit...LOL) the practice is severely limited and the penalties far exceed the profits so very few folks are willing to go there.

Same thing could/will happen with cannabis. Like beer you can brew all you please at home (nobody is watching) BUT YOU CAN'T SELL ANY OF IT.

Once legal.... the majority of our crowd will figure out that the $$$ are gone or diminished to the point it isn't worth pushing the envelope...and lots of Black market folks will find there's no viable market to support their venture and will go back to growing only for themselves. What is out there now is a false market...brought on by illegality and selective legality.

will be interesting to see where it goes. Not gonna stop growing either way...unless >>>I<<< choose to do so.
That's way too close to the truth for everybody to like it. Way too close.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:28 AM #34
Beta Test Team

Beta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the roughBeta Test Team is a jewel in the rough
What are you going on about?

I only wrote about home growing, like if you brewed beer at home. Not sure why you brought up DEA. In both CO and OR it's legal for anyone to grow at home for personal use, issues like distance to schools notwithstanding. Not sure why that upset you so much.

(Also, you seem to be lecturing or teaching something to me that is a waste of your time. Giving me industry 101 or something.)

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:16 AM #35
lolryn

lolryn is a jewel in the roughlolryn is a jewel in the roughlolryn is a jewel in the roughlolryn is a jewel in the roughlolryn is a jewel in the roughlolryn is a jewel in the roughlolryn is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFever View Post
Now not trying to start a war here but really medical MJ grown in someone basement is really BS unless they have spent 100,000 of thousands of dollars and made a room like a operating table
sealed doors micro air systems and so on
I'm no scientist but...

I don't really think it's about a sealed laboratory garden... I think it's more the fact that cannabis has medical benefits.

What's the medicinal part of cannabis? the THC, CBD's, all that stuff, not the plant in which it's hosted. THC and CBD will not be any more "potent" if it's grown in a lab as opposed to any of the highly skilled growers I see on these forums....

so what are you trying to achieve in your dream "medical" lab, hopefully bug and pesticide free? That can be achieved by most of the highly skilled growers on here.

Lets get one thing straight, there is absolutely nothing medical about combusting something and then inhaling it. Even if the stuff that is in the smoke is beneficial to a person, it's not even close to being pure enough to be labeled as medical.

A lot of people like smoking. A lot of people like cannabis. Smoking is the most common way of consuming THC/CBD's (probably for its instant effect). Smoking cannabis is going to be 99.5% of the market and there is nothing medical about smoking... but it's sure as shit profitable as all hell.
lolryn is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:18 AM #36
resinryder
Rubbing my glands together

resinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
Not exactly. The statute is like swiss cheese when it comes to growing one's own-

https://nvsos.gov/Modules/ShowDocumen...ocumentid=3294

Just claim you're growing a really oddball strain that the dispensary doesn't carry & it's the only thing that works. You can just keep on keeping on anyway until March of 2016 by which time it may be legal for everybody-

https://www.mpp.org/states/nevada/

If the legislature doesn't adopt it, it'll be on the 2016 ballot.

The subject wasn't MMJ, anyway, but rather legalization. The legalization proposal in Nevada clearly allows limited personal growing, as I said.

My point is that under the NV State Constitution regarding mmj, it's illegal for the legislature to tell any patient they can't grow, under any circumstances, their own even for new patients coming in after 2014. Unless the legislature changes the definitions of what marijuana is. Currently marijuana is defined as the whole plant, not just pieces and parts of it. That's what I was referring to that MPP and the ACLU were proud to support.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Even on a canna board.
resinryder is offline Quote

Old 12-30-2014, 01:30 AM #37
Beta Test Team

Quote:
this is in colorado

Possession
Less than 2 lbs felony 4 mos - 2 years $ 750
2 - 4 lbs felony 6 mos - 2.5 years $ 750
More than 4 lbs felony 1 - 3.75 years $ 750
Sale
Less than 2 lbs felony 1 - 3.75 years $ 750
2 - 4 lbs felony 2 - 8.75 years $ 750
More than 4 lbs felony 2 - 12.5 years $ 750
Manufacture
Less than 2 lbs felony 6 mos - 2.5 years $ 750
2 - 4 lbs felony 1 - 3.75 years $ 750
More than 4 lbs felony 2 - 8.75 years $ 750
Trafficking
Less than 2 lbs felony 2 - 8.75 years $ 750
2 lbs or more felony 2 - 12.5 years $ 750
Hash & Concentrates
Possession felony 1 - 3 years $ 2,000
Manufacture or transporting into the state felony 3 - 10 years $ 2,000
Not sure where you go that info, but the current law in CO allows growing at home, up to 6 plants I recall, and allows personal 'stash' (of how many ounces or pounds I do not know).

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:42 AM #38
Jhhnn
Banned

What you offer doesn't reflect the reality of what's happening in CO, Dr Fever, & does not reflect the CO state constitution wrt personal growing.

The first thing you need to understand is that it's constitutional. The legislature can't touch it w/o a vote of the people.

Anybody 21 or older has the right to possess 6 marijuana plants w/ only 3 flowering at any time. Period. It must be in an enclosed locked space out of public view. Proximity to schools or the presence of children in the home is immaterial. Whatever they grow they can keep on the premises. Anybody can possess up to an ounce on the street and can share & give away cannabis in increments of 1 ounce or less. Disposal of chemicals & cannabis trash is the same as for any other home gardener. Med patients can often obtain extended plant counts from their physician, basically a pay to play deal. As a recreational grower, you pay nothing & are not required to file any paperwork w/ the state at all. Totally incognito.

Anybody in compliance w/ that is not subject to DEA enforcement under current guidelines. Commercial providers in compliance w/ state law are not subject to DEA enforcement, either, whether they be medical or retail.

There are, in fact, 2 different sets of rules & regulations for medical providers vs retail providers. Counties & municipalities have the right to limit or disallow caregiver, medical or retail operations.

References-

https://www.regulatemarijuana.org/s/r...cohol-act-2012

Section 3 defines personal growing & limitations thereof

https://www.justice.gov/iso/opa/resou...2756857467.pdf

That's why there are 2 retail marijuana shops unmolested within a few blocks of our home here in Denver & over 100 throughout the state.

To be legally growing marijuana in CO you either need to have the capital to go big, work the caregiver angle or content yourself w/ growing for friends & family on a non-commercial basis. Here in Denver, you can be fined for toking on public property. You can be arrested for dealing or providing pot to underage persons, stoned driving, holding too much on the street, stuff like that. They are *not* looking to bust home growers who mind their own business & don't do any of the above.

Nobody's getting busted except for the dumbshits, the unlucky & the big boys using CO law as cover for interstate operations. The DEA wants those guys & CO authorities will serve 'em up to protect our legal cannabis entrepreneurs. It's their job.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:03 PM #39
Jhhnn
Banned

Quote:
first of all believe it or not its still a federal offence even if a state passes a law federal rules all if obama said tommorow shut it all down bust everyone you think you be safe ?? with your state law ????
If pigs had wings, would they fly?

Federal law makes no distinction between medical & recreational cannabis. Three successive Admins have failed to enforce the law when states chose to implement contrary policy. "Medical use" is in no way different from "recreational use" wrt federal law.

Under federal guidelines in effect since the Clinton era, the DEA needed to justify busting MMJ providers on the basis that they violated state law. There were no states allowing recreational cannabis sales until CO & WA did so. The Obama Admin merely extended those guidelines in a consistent way to cover a situation that was previously non-existent. It's extremely difficult to justify drawing a line in the middle of a law rather than on either side of it which is what Conservatives are attempting. The line was drawn in favor of states rights wrt cannabis law long ago even though they didn't realize the full ramifications until just recently. Had the Obama Admin failed to recognize that it would have brought into question the existence of MMJ entirely, something that none of the players are willing to attack.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

Old 12-30-2014, 07:15 PM #40
monsoon

monsoon is a jewel in the roughmonsoon is a jewel in the roughmonsoon is a jewel in the roughmonsoon is a jewel in the roughmonsoon is a jewel in the roughmonsoon is a jewel in the rough
Yeah..it's still illegal Federally. Who cares though...really? Like the Gov't is coming for 6 plants...or even 30? Nope. Not here in CO at least. IT ISN'T WORTH THEIR TIME.

The penalties posted above are for weight that leaves your home. If you keep all you grow at home THERE ARE NO LIMITS to how much weight you can possess in CO. The only limit is that it must stay on the property where it was grown.

Ironically...the only folks I see worrying about ANY of it live out of state! WTF?
monsoon is offline Quote