Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > I'll be starting my first vert grow in about a month...

Thread Title Search
I'll be starting my first vert grow in about a month... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2018, 09:43 PM #1
pinkus

pinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to behold
I'll be starting my first vert grow in about a month...

And have some question.

First let me say that I'm glad to be here, and glad (mostly) for these interwebs. When I started back in the early eighties, hearsay and a few books were all that was out there. there IS some advancement in this world.

So I've been doing a perpetual grow for about 4 years now and it's time to move. I don't want to move flowering plants so I decided to start vegging some big girls. I will be doing some plants under my 2 neosol 300 LED panels.

The vert questions: I have a couple of 400watters I thought I would use, but after thinking it out for just a bit, I don't think that they will cut it. So I'm thinking a 600...or maybe even a 1000, but I'm a tad worried about wattage and heat. It will be in what is designated "a bedroom"...

I'm wondering about either stacking the two 400, or using a 600. I'm wondering size containers for the bushes I'm aiming for. Right now I'm using 7 quart hempys, for the vert I was leaning towards 3 gallon in coco. Also wondering tent size for a 600watt vert, and a 400watt vert.

Thanks y'all.
pinkus is offline Quote

Old 01-21-2018, 04:53 PM #2
pinkus

pinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to behold
Damn. Nada.
pinkus is offline Quote

Old 01-21-2018, 06:49 PM #3
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
Stack the lights 600 on top 400 below. I did something similar with a 1k, and a 600. Put a fan below the bulbs blowing up over the bulbs. Put your filter above the bulbs to help pull the hot air out. Works like a charm. I pulled 3.75 pounds regularly from 1600 watts.
packerfan79 is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:55 PM #4
pinkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan79 View Post
Stack the lights 600 on top 400 below. I did something similar with a 1k, and a 600. Put a fan below the bulbs blowing up over the bulbs. Put your filter above the bulbs to help pull the hot air out. Works like a charm. I pulled 3.75 pounds regularly from 1600 watts.
Thanks. My family has season tickets to the Packers... but I left the ghad forsaken tundra. Now they are in my cousin's hands.
pinkus is offline Quote

Old 01-21-2018, 09:32 PM #5
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkus View Post
Thanks. My family has season tickets to the Packers... but I left the ghad forsaken tundra. Now they are in my cousin's hands.
Your cousin scored. I bet there are a few angry Wisconsinites. I think it's awesome that season tickets are included in people's will's

Old 01-21-2018, 09:40 PM #6
pinkus

If I was to run a 400 and 600 stack, what size pots and tents would be the best fit do you reckon?

More on the Packer tickets. On my father's deathbed, one of his final wishes..."Don't let _____ have the tickets!" _____ being his brother. Unfortunately, _____ got the damn tickets!

Sorry pop.

pinkus is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2018, 09:12 PM #7
toastyghostie

toastyghostie is on a distinguished road
There's plenty of ways to get where you wanna go just keep all the basics dialed. Do some measurements seems like a 5x5 would work well. Make sure you have air circulation on the tent facing side of the plants or you're asking for PM. Are you going to scrog?
toastyghostie is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2018, 10:16 PM #8
packerfan79

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkus View Post
If I was to run a 400 and 600 stack, what size pots and tents would be the best fit do you reckon?

More on the Packer tickets. On my father's deathbed, one of his final wishes..."Don't let _____ have the tickets!" _____ being his brother. Unfortunately, _____ got the damn tickets!

Sorry pop.

I think 5x5 would be a good size tent. Pot size is going to be dependent on how long you want to veg, and medium. I would probably say 5 gallon buckets with a 5 - 6 week veg in soil. Better to start with soil. Oops I missed that you were on coco. Hempys would be a good option. 2 or 3.5 gallon bucket would work well.

Old 04-28-2018, 03:12 PM #9
ilynnboy

ilynnboy is on a distinguished road
Heya @packerfan79, hows the setup going?
ilynnboy is offline Quote

Old 04-28-2018, 04:44 PM #10
packerfan79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilynnboy View Post
Heya @packerfan79, hows the setup going?
I have had life come kick my ass recently. I got a notice that my landlord was selling the house i was renting. We just moved last weekend. No grow at the moment. I am going to be switching to a small tent with leds.

Did you start the vert grow yet?