What's new

Cannabis Juicing

chefbudz

well being a chef by trade i really want to try this but sadly cant=( right now still trying to make the move from salt based liquid ferts to organics and don't dare try some salty ass fan leaves lol

Lol well atleast it wouldn't need salt then Chef :p.

You could roast them over potato's or something that people like with a lot of salt lol

Or chocolate salty balls, haha sorry, jk, South park joke because of the Chef thing.

vapor

Veteran
how long does one wait if spraying neem{i use it mild 5ml a gal every once and awhile}, is there a general rule.....

Neem oil isn't toxic right?
Or atleast toxicity isn't really proven in humans (as far as I know).

So I'd say a good washing would do and you'd be good to go.

Ofcourse people are going to disagree with me on this but the plus point is that you aren't smoking it, you're not heating it so you're not changing the molecular structure. It's just neem oil and soap right?

Make sure the plant was properly flushed before harvest and that the leaves are really cleaned thoroughly. I doubt you can get it any more neem free then that.

Scratch the above, just noticed a post saying it's extremely unhealthy (tests show I think, can't remember :p).

Might want to try something really organic like uhmm, using garlic and onion tea which seems to help against fungi, bacteria and pests all to some level ofcourse (usually done with green soap but eh, don't know if that's a good idea either lol).

vapor

Veteran
Yea i would not use any leaves that have been sprayed in the last 4 weeks with neem.....At least i have not died yet!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
atwzsl.jpg
[/IMG]
been juicing...

Ok, so I've been doing some research about this, I'm going to give it a go when I have plant material again.

The dosage seems to be about 6-30 leafs and the medical evidence so far seems compelling eventhough at some points debateable.

So my question to longer time users.

I've seen people say it's a bit sedative (which would be good IMO) while others say it isn't, so which is it?

I've seen people say it works well on your GI (especially reflux) which is crucial for me so that would be great, anyone any experience?

I've seen people say it works well for pain (from what I can tell, pretty heavy pain as well), is there any truth in that?

I've seen people say it works wonders for your respiratory tract, allowing easier breathing. Any truth in that?

Or is it pure placebo or not that effective at all :p

Someone is bound to know ^_^

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i notice NO sedative/psychoactivity at all...
as for GI... not sure i've noticed that, juice in general seems to be good for it tho ime
as for pain relief, can't say at all, but compared to drinking an infused/medicated drink, no comparison. my partner & patients prefer edibles/drinkables with actual psychoactive effects for immediate pain relief. long term use / cumulative influences... different story i bet, can't speak on that.
also can't say at all about repsiratory tract, just not noticed that...
once again, juice in general feels GREAT

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
So happy to see a juicing thread!! :jump:

I would love to hear what juicers you guys like/use?

Grateful to anyone who might take the time to reply…thank you! :)
May 2015 be your best yet!!!

MsLoyal

Hey Natty! I use a mini L'Equip juicer and it does the job but hear that a manual wheatgrass juicer works great for cannabis.

i notice NO sedative/psychoactivity at all...
as for GI... not sure i've noticed that, juice in general seems to be good for it tho ime
as for pain relief, can't say at all, but compared to drinking an infused/medicated drink, no comparison. my partner & patients prefer edibles/drinkables with actual psychoactive effects for immediate pain relief. long term use / cumulative influences... different story i bet, can't speak on that.
also can't say at all about repsiratory tract, just not noticed that...
once again, juice in general feels GREAT

It's just, I've seen so many people talk about getting actual pain relief out of this, just take OP's wife, who went from an 8 to 2-3 on what I assume is the doctors pain scale, Dr. Courtney's wife (both Juice advocates and she was popping pills like a motherfcker just like I am really lol) and some random people on youtube so I would love to hear other peoples experience.
Technically all could be possible, CBDA, CBGA and CBCA are known to reduce inflammation/to be anti-inflammitory (which is often linked to pain) CBGA is also known to relief pain while THCA (in whichever form as far as I understand) aids sleep which COULD cause relaxation (which could be referred to as slight sedation) as does CBNA if I'm not mistaking.

So, if there are any long time users with chronic pain etc. that have any benefit from this, I'd love to know.
Maybe with an upped dosage for a longer period of time, whatever.

Hence me asking (see list above) :)

I'll pretty much be using both oils (which will be made mostly from flowers from CBD rich strains) and juicing. If I'm completely honest though, I always considered it for more of a placebo/if not placebo effect ritual in general, yes ofcourse you get vitamin bombed and all sorts of anti-oxidants but I always figured it as "a new housewife trend" or something South Park has yet to make fun of lol.
I'm starting to look at all my options though so I'd give anything a go really :p

And I love to be proven wrong on this to be honest hehe.
So happy to see a juicing thread!!
jump.gif

I would love to hear what juicers you guys like/use?

Grateful to anyone who might take the time to reply…thank you!
smile.gif

May 2015 be your best yet!!!

Not using anything yet but I've seen the Omega 8006 Masticating Juicer pass by a couple of times. Seems to be good, kind of expensive though.

MsLoyal

I suffer from chronic pain ( fibro, DDD, arthritis...) and have had a few experiences juicing. My first experience juicing was also around the time I first starting using cannabis oil (RSO) so I can't say what gave me relief. But I recently juiced a few times without using the oil and noticed that I felt better and slightly energized, but no significant pain relief. I'm working toward having enough cannabis to supply juicing on a regular basis and believe that's where it's at. Looking forward to it as well as sharing the results.

Yeah I have the exact same thing. I have mooorre then enough to smoke laying around but no fresh leaf. I have to wait for spring, going to plant some high CBD plants with critical mass genes and just pluck leaves every day so I can feel the long term benefit.

Rome wasn't build in a day and I think it IS something you need to build up a base for so idk...

I hope there's a long time juicer here that could enlighten me on the subject :)

You can edit after you reach 51 posts :)

No where near is correct though hehe.

You, however, don't need any flowers for juicing, you can juice the flowers and they'll have more specific compounds in them but leaves are filled with cannabinoids as well :).
You just need about 6-30 big-ish leaves a day (according to Dr. Courtney).

nan

Have been hearing about this and pondering to try it on myself.

Just happened yesterday that I went to see an elderly lady who has been getting trim from me for years. We also share garden produce and she knows how I do things. Her time has been short for the last couple of years due to brain cancer. She's gone on about 5 years longer than what was expected.

She is very private although very very gracious and mannered. While I was there she made up some of her "tonic tea" for herself saying she couldn't wait and apologizing. She commented that what she was making her own mother had made.

Basically, it is a decoction made with washed dried sugar leaves, a bit of molasses, a shake of sea salt and a small slice of ginger.

I was offered and took a small taste. It was very good. I intend to work on it more.

Anybody else hear of such a thing from the elderly folks? My grandfather said his mother grew cannabis and made up remedies for them, but he could not remember what and how.

salt, a shake of gomasio