Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Auto Flowering > Why all the hate with Autoflowers?

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Herbies for Great Cannabis Genetics!
Why all the hate with Autoflowers? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2014, 05:08 PM #21
harry74
Banned

harry74 is a name known to allharry74 is a name known to allharry74 is a name known to allharry74 is a name known to allharry74 is a name known to allharry74 is a name known to allharry74 is a name known to allharry74 is a name known to allharry74 is a name known to allharry74 is a name known to allharry74 is a name known to all
autos

This are the ones I grew.Not sure what it was really....

I think Ruderalis has some CBD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_ruderalis
harry74 is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2014, 06:46 PM #22
Jhhnn
Banned

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridbud View Post
@ pinkus but since ruderalis would never add to the potency I think it's inclusion is only going to make things worse from a potency perspective.

Guess you haven't tried any recently.....I beg to differ. Well...not beg....just differ. There is POTENCY in AF's.
Agreed. Autoflowering traits & potency are not inextricably linked, nor is raw potency the be-all & end-all of cannabis. There's a lot more to a great high vs just a high than that.

I've discovered that I don't really care for Northern Lights, for example, or anything leaning strongly to that in its lineage. It leaves me flat, lacks some indescribable quality that I want.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:47 PM #23
pinkus

pinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
Agreed. Autoflowering traits & potency are not inextricably linked, nor is raw potency the be-all & end-all of cannabis. There's a lot more to a great high vs just a high than that.

I've discovered that I don't really care for Northern Lights, for example, or anything leaning strongly to that in its lineage. It leaves me flat, lacks some indescribable quality that I want.
They may not be linked, but there never was potency (THC wise) in ruderalis until it was crossed with a photosensitive plant.

Yes, there are potent ruderalis hybrids. They can be good, or even great for certain circumstances.

I'm going trot out an old horse: why not use acclimatized weedy hemp instead of ruderalis to speed up flowering? It gets HUGE, it finishes early enough to finish even in Canada. This isn't MY idea, it's Mel Frank's...actually I think some of the new autos may have some in there as a secret sauce sort of thing. Any of the BIG autos...seems like a possibility.

Ya'll can love on them all you want, and good on ya! ~ I will use photos
pinkus is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2014, 08:05 PM #24
DJXX

DJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant future
for me not being able to veg a plant as long as you want for yield is my biggest problem..i ran autos outside and got as much in 10 plants as i got in one plant with reg seeds...i my opinion they are just terrible...though they have their place, just not at my place...i like yield...DJXX

DJXX is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2014, 08:06 PM #25
agito

agito will become famous soon enoughagito will become famous soon enough
You could feasible out breed rud to less that 1% of the total plant make up can you spot 1% of 22% thc or 0.22% THC. Are we quick to forget the avg strength of cannabis 20 years back ?

Proved 20% autos already exist they might even bring a unique profile to the gene pool. Sure they need work on stability but there getting there for sure
agito is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2014, 08:11 PM #26
agito

agito will become famous soon enoughagito will become famous soon enough
Heres some speedbud from female seeds done in UNDER 60 days. Not a massive yielder probs 1.5oz but i could easily get 9 under a 400-600w hps Id give these a place in my veg tent anytime.

"I don't think you get what I'm saying. Ruderalis, before it was crossed into photo lines, didn't have any potency to add to the mix. There are now ruderalis crosses that have potency, but it was introduced to the ruderalis not the other way around." of course it does

agito is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2014, 08:16 PM #27
DJXX

DJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant futureDJXX has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by agito View Post
Heres some speedbud from female seeds done in UNDER 60 days. Not a massive yielder probs 1.5oz but i could easily get 9 under a 400-600w hps Id give these a place in my veg tent anytime.

"I don't think you get what I'm saying. Ruderalis, before it was crossed into photo lines, didn't have any potency to add to the mix. There are now ruderalis crosses that have potency, but it was introduced to the ruderalis not the other way around." of course it does

View Image
beauty bud..DJ

DJXX is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2014, 08:33 PM #28
pinkus

pinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to behold
"I don't think you get what I'm saying. Ruderalis, before it was crossed into photo lines, didn't have any potency to add to the mix. There are now ruderalis crosses that have potency, but it was introduced to the ruderalis not the other way around." of course it does."

Nice looking bud. could be dank, could be hemp... can't tell from a pic. :P I'll take your word it's dank though.

How does Ruderalis add potency to a photoperiod oriented plant? I can't wait to hear this explanation.
pinkus is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2014, 09:35 PM #29
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond repute
People may suspect that autos have been the work of the those who think that genetic manipulation is fine and that things like paraquat are not moral issues. You know, like a gift from darpa

I thought that those have been the sort of gut level things that kept autos from acceptance. I think that enough time has passed, that we really have a different generation involved, and that with the right strain, acceptance will be not be the problem it has been.
I would not be at all surprised if autos turned out to be real big in the near future.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:43 PM #30
pinkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gry View Post
I would not be at all surprised if autos turned out to be real big in the near future.
they are NOW. I think they will continue to be for people in the far north (or south), however once legalization happens there will be much less need for stealth and speed. I have seen some, even in this thread that could be considered "yielders", but compared to the yield of a photoperiod plant they are still laughable.

again, some people here get super butthurt if people aren't raving about the plant they grow. Get used to it. I smoke sativas (ok, ok, NLD varieties) mostly and there are many who don't even think they are any good because they don't bolt you to the floor... ok a few will... in fear :P

Smoke your Rudies, enjoy your Rudies, keep your Rudies.
pinkus is offline Quote