What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know your'e old when....

S

SeaMaiden

You know you're old when you no longer understand a word they're saying. WTF is gangnam style? What? The? Fuck?

You know you're old when the young'uns exclaim in joy, "So that's how you do it!" when you whip out a pot and put it on the stove to reheat some leftover food.

You know you're old when they start calling you ma'am. You know you're older when they think your sister is your nephew's GRANDMOTHER!! LAUGH'D MY ASS OFF!

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
when ... a sneezing fit...causes U too fart ...leading U to shitting U'r~self... all while "TRYING" to have sex.....and not wake the baby....

K

komodod

when you cant understand todays fashion and proclaim you will never change your dress sense for the rest of your life... out of principle.

LeeROI

When you're totally bummed out Metamucil quit making the original texture stuff with honest-to-god sugar.
:cry::mad::wallbash::no::look at this:

N

noyd666

oldy.

oldy.

:ying: when ya keep reading this with smile on ya :biggrin: because ya know its fukkkkoon true:laughing:.

O

OrganicOzarks

When your balls start competing with your ass to see who can get closest to the feet.:)

My balls are winning by a mile.

For the ladies, when the boobs start to compete with the ass to see who can gravitate the furthest from their original position.

The boobs seem to have an unfair advantage.

LeeROI

The original Metamucil (Sucrose, Psyllium Husk) is still shown on the corporate site but is no longer being sold, AFAIK. I've been on a daily psyllium routine for many years.

I've gone to Walgreen's brand which doesn't dissolve as readily even though they add silica. The dust in the container makes me a little uneasy because OSHA has strict regulations regarding silica dust in the workplace.

MiraLAX contains Polyethylene Glycol 3350. I'll try that if I need an actual laxative, thanks SeaMaiden. [I had been thinking of starting a thread in this forum about this.]

S

SeaMaiden

Ah, gotcha! My husband does regular old nasty psyllium husk in his protein 'shakes'.

We had to have our granddaughter on MiraLax for an extended period of time due to her undiagnosed gluten intolerance, which had her very badly, chronically constipated. Took a while after taking her off gluten to get her system really moving again.

N

noyd666

u know u are old when u remember using a rotor dialing phone at home and in the many phone booths
:biggrin: never had one at home to exspensive, remember the red phone street booths though, used to jam paper up em so we got to keep peeps change lol.:tiphat:

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When your young grandchild innocently asks "what did you do when you were alive ?"

The girl at the checkout asks if you need help packing . . .

You can remember every detail of the first cars you owned , but cannot remember the make , colour or reg of the current one . . .

You find yourself saying , "when I was a lad" or "during the war"

You still mentally convert decimal coinage into real money . . .

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
When the places that once normally grew hair--stopped growing hair...and places that never grew hair--now requires hair trimming/plucking...twice a week.

When mail addressed from AARP clutters you mailbox...and you're not a member.

When you decide to keep your slide ruler handy...in case the calculator batteries die.

Last edited:

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When you decide to keep your slide ruler handy...in case the calculator batteries die.

Still use one today , fast for the simpler calculations and baffles the grandchildren.

Might upgrade to a comptometer , used one like this in the 60,s at work.

picture.php
[/IMG]

Would make a good restoration project if I can find one that was not skipped.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
When you start dating a hot girl half your age who's really into you, and you realize you don't have the energy to keep up with her. When getting high and relaxing on a Friday night seems more exciting than going out to an underground rave.