What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemon Thai

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread just got pretty interesting,,, I love it when the old boys have a good intersexed chat,,, sounds weird, lol,,

I always get fired up when we talk fem breeding,,,, monoecious, dioecious, trioceous,, autosomes,,etc,,

With VG's blessings I'd like to put this thread on turbo and start going deep,, don't want to do it if VG ain't into it? ,, I guess we could start another epic thread on this,,,

Quick question

Lemon Thai from Dutch flowers was work from Hawaii I believe?? ,, when I visited Dutch flowers back in 1999 they had a Hawaiian sativa on the menu,, is this the same bud as Lemon Thai? ,, the discripion of todays Lemon Thai from bhodi is not like the Hawaiian I had and the look of VG's pictures look nothing like what I had either,, this current lemon Thai seems to have alot of lime colours, but the one I had was dark with hues of purple ,,Dutch flowers also did a 19 week Hawaiian Haze that had similar smells but looked a lil different ,

the buds I got of Hawaiian sativa had a touch of purple in them,, really tropical floral flavour,, not particularly lemon smelling but I can see why some people might say that,,, from a distance the buds looked airy and not good at all,, but once you get closer you see the glaze,,

What Hawaiian was used in Hawaiian Snow,, do any of you guys know?,, I noticed years ago that same tropical floral smell from Dutch flowers Hawaiian is present in Hawaiian snow,,

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey @englishrick nice to see you around !

It doesn't sound like the same Hawaiian. I would presume that they acquired some Hawaiian Genetics at some point and maybe got both of those lines. Their description implies that they didn;t really know much about the LT
"Lemon Thai was obtained from some folks out of Hawaii. The plants are sativa, but they didnt look like Thai to us, rather Hawaiian in phenotype, smell and high"
I assume they may have come into the other Hawaiian lines at the same time ?
LT has always been (for me) a light green and i don't remember plants turning purple.

VG

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's weird as the Hawaiian sativa I personally got from dutch flowers coffee shop was airy and glazed,, darkish almost purple,,, I'm dying to know what it was,, when I got the old Hawaiian haze that was available at the damkrink, 2e karmer and Dutch flowers too I see the same sativa in there ,, looks like the same sativa in the Hawaiian snow too ,,, if I didn't know better I'd say it had the purple hues of a mazar

LG/

Second Lemon Thai came down today. Roughly 10 weeks or so. Light citrus, spice smell. Hope the smoke is uplifting and positive!
20240229_081415.jpg
20240229_081422.jpg
20240229_081429.jpg
20240229_081435.jpg
20240229_081441.jpg

heirloomganja

That's weird as the Hawaiian sativa I personally got from dutch flowers coffee shop was airy and glazed,, darkish almost purple,,, I'm dying to know what it was,, when I got the old Hawaiian haze that was available at the damkrink, 2e karmer and Dutch flowers too I see the same sativa in there ,, looks like the same sativa in the Hawaiian snow too ,,, if I didn't know better I'd say it had the purple hues of a mazar
Dutch Flowers had the Hawaiian Haze too on their menu.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, i mentioned i was doing a LT grow/repro from Bodhi and Derg Corra populations a while back.
here is a progress report...
There is the new Bodhi girl from seed, as expected a girl, so with this plant and the Bodhi plant ive already made S1s with (that @Jahaze posted pics of further back) i have 2 different bodhi girls.
at about 6 weeks -
i pollinated some buds on all the plantys at about 4 weeks and there looks to be seeds forming.
LTB@6nug.jpg

LTb@6.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and some Derg Corra Girls, i got 3 boys and 3 girls, no intersex as yet and they are at 6 weeks +
plant 5 smell is similar to the Bodhi Girls, sharp musky lemon soap, and a bit of skunk/chem on some plants.
LT5@6nug.jpg
LT5@6nugg.jpg

Plant 3
LT3nug@6.jpg
LT3nuggg@6.jpg

plant 8
LT8nug@6.jpg
LT8@6.jpg

thread of the repro with more pics in my forum:
VG :tiphat: