What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to create a collective in California

After all of your costs and time are accounted for, you may find $100/oz hard to deliver.
We appreciate your input Ves; we will have all of the numbers. before we begin, to limit the cost surprises.

Stay with us on this road and make sure we include everything.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
so for smaller grower collectives I would keep on file the agreements stating that we (3) patients are growing collectively, each member does his/her part, no exchange of $

Question, would I need to have original copys of the doctors reccomendations posted? or would notarized copies be ok? all 3 of us live in the same household, but I would like a 4th member that will not live on site but in the same city. so basically would I need the original doctors rec along with a collective agreement or would a copy suffice?

I am not an attny or a cop so my understanding based on reading easily available analysis and recommendations. That being said, I think if you do not have a state card you would carry the original with you and post copies at the garden, I personally would never leave my original rec posted for fear of loss or damage.

Hope this helps. It works here on the Island.

P.S. I do not think the posted copies need to be notarized.

Last edited:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I am not an attny or a cop so my understanding based on reading easily available analysis and recommendations. That being said, I think if you do not have a state card you would carry the original with you and post copies at the garden, I personally would never leave my original rec posted for fear of loss or damage.

Hope this helps. It works here on the Island.

P.S. I do not think the posted copies need to be notarized.

Correct-- Copies are fine, since all they need to do is call and verify--

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
Good idea to have a notarized copy for $10. That way they can't say the copy is fake. You do not wan't them taking your original. Keep that one in a safe place.

This may or may not be off-topic, and I do plan on consulting my local collectives / coops. What about the legality of growing beyond the individual limits to provide meds to a collective / dispensary? I really haven't much clear-cut information on this in the research I've been doing.

Can any "vendors" chime in on this? I'm not looking to start my own collective so much as to supply existing, legal ones. And the legality of a larger-size grow with just other patient recs posted on site worries me.

Thanks!

zenoonez

Veteran
This may or may not be off-topic, and I do plan on consulting my local collectives / coops. What about the legality of growing beyond the individual limits to provide meds to a collective / dispensary? I really haven't much clear-cut information on this in the research I've been doing.

Can any "vendors" chime in on this? I'm not looking to start my own collective so much as to supply existing, legal ones. And the legality of a larger-size grow with just other patient recs posted on site worries me.

Thanks!

Yea I would also like to hear about some experienced growers about this subject. I hear some people saying that a collective can grow 30 plants per patient and some saying that you can only grow 5-6 plants per patient.

B

Blue Dot

What about the legality of growing beyond the individual limits to provide meds to a collective / dispensary?

The legality would be that it would be illegal.

There is no mention of "vendors" in 215 or SB420 or even Jerry's guidlines. "Vendors" are not legallly recognized anywhere in the law.

If you supply someone you are their caregiver and can only have city/county limits for the number of patients you caregive for.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran

There is no mention of "vendors" in 215 or SB420 or even Jerry's guidlines. "Vendors" are not legallly recognized anywhere in the law.

If you supply someone you are their caregiver and can only have county limits for the number of patients you caregive for.

Vendors are mentioned right next to the part about the Pink Unicorns...that are supposed to supply all the sick and dying ppl--:yeahthats

B

Blue Dot

Vendors are mentioned right next to the part about the Pink Unicorns...that are supposed to supply all the sick and dying ppl--:yeahthats

You would agree though that "vendors" just use that term so they can abuse they law though right?

I mean if they were to consider themselves caregivers they wouldn't be able to price shop around to clubs and wouldn't be able to sell as much as they do because they wouldn't be able to get that many patients signed on as them being their caregiver.

richyrich

Veteran
A List Of Fallacious Arguments

Argument From Adverse Consequences (Appeal To Fear, Scare Tactics):

saying an opponent must be wrong, because if he is right, then bad things would ensue. For example: God must exist, because a godless society would be lawless and dangerous. Or: the defendant in a murder trial must be found guilty, because otherwise husbands will be encouraged to murder their wives.

Wishful thinking is closely related. "My home in Florida is six inches above sea level. Therefore I am certain that global warming will not make the oceans rise by one foot." Of course, wishful thinking can also be about positive consequences, such as winning the lottery, or eliminating poverty and crime.

Extended Analogy:

the claim that two things, both analogous to a third thing, are therefore analogous to each other. For example, this debate:

"I believe it is always wrong to oppose the law by breaking it."
"Such a position is odious: it implies that you would not have supported Martin Luther King."
"Are you saying that cryptography legislation is as important as the struggle for Black liberation? How dare you!"

A person who advocates a particular position (say, about gun control) may be told that Hitler believed the same thing. The clear implication is that the position is somehow tainted. But Hitler also believed that window drapes should go all the way to the floor. Does that mean people with such drapes are monsters?

http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/skeptic/arguments.html#division

B

Blue Dot

^I don't follow richy.

If you could explain that in terms of what I posted maybe I could understand what your talking about.

richyrich

Veteran
Wasn't aimed at you Blue. I posted it for general knowledge and to hit my 700th post. :)

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yea I would also like to hear about some experienced growers about this subject. I hear some people saying that a collective can grow 30 plants per patient and some saying that you can only grow 5-6 plants per patient.

Depends on the county, each county can set higher limits than 6 mature/12 immature, but not less (in California.) Check out canorml.com for more info.

If you supply someone you are their caregiver and can only have city/county limits for the number of patients you caregive for.

Okay, but caregivers aren't the only solution, particularly because courts have ruled that you have to give your patients more than just medication and occasional "checkups." I don't have the medical background necessary to offer these services.

If I'm a member of a collective and I help provide them with meds, and they provide me with adequate and reasonable compensation for my time and expenses, isn't this quite different?

Okay, but caregivers aren't the only solution, particularly because courts have ruled that you have to give your patients more than just medication and occasional "checkups." I don't have the medical background necessary to offer these services.

If I'm a member of a collective and I help provide them with meds, and they provide me with adequate and reasonable compensation for my time and expenses, isn't this quite different?

Does anyone have thoughts on this? I'm interested in being the primary grower for myself and several other 215 patients, and am curious if we can form a collective in which I grow all medicine in exchange for donations from members for my growing expenses. But I'd prefer to do this without starting a business and filing with the state... is this possible as a "collective garden?"

To those who grow and provide medicine to "retail" dispensaries / collectives in CA, what type of paperwork did you need?

Thanks for any input. I've been reading around quite a bit but found more hearsay and speculation than anything. Particularly with the "caregiver" argument.

richyrich

Veteran
You don't need to do any of that if you are just going to be a small personal circle collective. If you are going collective (really dispensary using a facade) then get gov and agency paperwork.

Latest posts

Latest posts