Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2018, 06:47 PM #3641
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by led05 View Post
Hydro can work for some, I'd say indoors in a small grow it can have its place... Especially when hauling in CF of soil is a precarious endeavor...

But I've been in and around Commercial AG for a while and there isn't a single GH running Hydro filled with tomatoes, peppers or cukes (and there are miles of GH around these parts doing just like that, especially across the border to the north in Ont) that taste or provide the nutrients anywhere near what you can get in the ground.

Soil, especially outdoors is truly the best and ONLY option, and once you understand what's going on, its' much easier, much less bug pressures (balance), similar or better yields, MUCH better taste, nutrient density and overall health, did I mention TASTE.

We know what things taste like more intuitively than how they smoke, if you've ever grown your own tomatoes, cukes, peppers, eggplant, carrots, beets or whatever then you know what you get at the store or from the local Hydro farmer basically for lack of better words sucks and is a filler, nothing more......

It amazes me how many go thru life without ever really actually eating well which to me is one of lifes great pleasures and no, I'm not fat or overweight at all, I'm a farmer ;0

Farmer, I have a grower in S.Cal that has hydro, drain to waste. We started flushing once a week or so with "liquid" aka micronized gypsum. The results have been nothing short of a miracle!

Even using some "liquid" aka micronized bone meal!

There is some good micronized guano on the net, 0-8-0 that will work foliarly and as a drench too.

This is only going to work if you drain to waste or make a third capture tank.
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:07 PM #3642
led05

led05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownickel View Post
Farmer, I have a grower in S.Cal that has hydro, drain to waste. We started flushing once a week or so with "liquid" aka micronized gypsum. The results have been nothing short of a miracle!

Even using some "liquid" aka micronized bone meal!

There is some good micronized guano on the net, 0-8-0 that will work foliarly and as a drench too.

This is only going to work if you drain to waste or make a third capture tank.
drain to waste, in S Cal especially, not ideal to say the least, I trust you on the results, however - 3rd capture tank, sounds fancy and more expensive to dispose of

Old 01-15-2018, 10:23 PM #3643
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Playing a little Sherlock, a couple of guys, Easy included, have used some of the Foxfarm products. The analysis of all these mixes is ALWAYS K heavy. Not enough P EVER.

So, if you are at 400 ppm of K in your analysis and have 200 ppm of P, I would be you will get a response and like it alot! Why, the plant is starving for P. Won't show up in a leaf analysis either. Often the P will come back high. GOOD. That is the idea. I want high P.

If you have your mix charged up with plenty of P from the beginning, guess what, you are going to have plenty of P all the way through the grow unless you do something silly like applying a high amount of K.
TO THIS WORLD

Last edited by slownickel; 01-15-2018 at 11:02 PM..

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:29 AM #3644
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxlost View Post
How is drain to waste sustainable at all? I worked on a hydro grow in Las vegas and it was fairly small. Six thousand square feet. General hydro grow. And it seemed not only a waste of nutrients, but also insanely expensive. They had to install an underground filter etc. Each 100 gallon nutrient mix was like 300 hundred dollars or something. I quit there after a short time due to doubts on the feasibility of the operation
Agree completely. I am still pushing them into a soil. The local regulations prohibit drain to waste.
TO THIS WORLD

Old 01-16-2018, 06:10 AM #3645
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
Any of you keeping track of nutrient removal rates and have good data?

On an average yielding plant I see on average 600 PPA removed in 10 weeks of flower... reasonable?

Old 01-17-2018, 04:08 PM #3646
Avenger

Avenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really nice
PPA? pounds per acre? of?

Old 01-17-2018, 04:44 PM #3647
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry, forgot to add the important part... P removal of 600+ PPA.

Old 01-17-2018, 06:44 PM #3648
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by growingcrazy View Post
Sorry, forgot to add the important part... P removal of 600+ PPA.
That is a very big number. How did you calculate that number?
TO THIS WORLD

Old 01-17-2018, 07:14 PM #3649
growingcrazy

This is all just how I do things... Like I have said before, I am just winging this... I am self taught through experiment and reading.

(Test A PPM - Test B PPM) + soil fertigation PPM = P removed in cycle

Example:
A____ B
794-728= 66 ppm removed

Fertigation: (between sample A and B)
P @ 200 PPM in solution... Applied @ 35 soil PPM weekly.

8 x 35 = 280 soil PPM of P added through fertigation in 8 weeks. So back to the start...

66 + 280 = 346 soil PPM used in a cycle, or 692 PPA.

Welcome to my fuckery.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:30 PM #3650
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by growingcrazy View Post
This is all just how I do things... Like I have said before, I am just winging this... I am self taught through experiment and reading.

(Test A PPM - Test B PPM) + soil fertigation PPM = P removed in cycle

Example:
A____ B
794-728= 66 ppm removed

Fertigation: (between sample A and B)
P @ 200 PPM in solution... Applied @ 35 soil PPM weekly.

8 x 35 = 280 soil PPM of P added through fertigation in 8 weeks. So back to the start...

66 + 280 = 346 soil PPM used in a cycle, or 692 PPA.

Welcome to my fuckery.
Are you in a medium or a soil?

If in a medium, are you irrigating til runoff?

What lab did you run these numbers with?

What was the source of P?
TO THIS WORLD

1 members found this post helpful.

Thread Closed