What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where to buy/get Finola seeds from?

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
(Sorry if I choose the wrong forum)

Does anyone know where (preferably in Europe) I could buy/get a small amount of (notably viable, non-sterilised) Finola seeds? Finola.fi only has 25 kg sacks...
I know that it isn't a drug strain but "just" hemp, still it may have some advantages for me ;) .

Some infos on its smell and taste (not the smoke LoL) would also be appreciated :) .

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
canadian place selling 300 suomi hemp seeds for $5 if it helps.

i think the was a .dk seed site also selling hemp seeds too

any idea how much one of the Finola 25kg bags cost?

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
any idea how much one of the Finola 25kg bags cost?

I don't know about Finola but UE approved hemp purchased in France costs around 250€ per 25kg from any farmer's cooperative. It's not cheap but I guess its the way to go if you plan to start a hemp grow.

:tiphat:

Only Ornamental

Veteran
Hi there,

Finola sells it indeed for € 250.- per 25 kg bag. But what should I do with remaining 24'990 gramms ;) ? After eating 1-2 kg I'd burst from health LoL!

Unfortunately, Canadian law demands sterilisation of all seeds for food and similar purposes (and for seeding you get again 25 kg plus oversee S&H costs) ;( . That's why I explicitly wrote "viable & non-sterilised"... It's infrared treatment and really fresh seeds may still germinate but I don't want to take that "risk".

Will look if I find that danish site though... can't be to many (*sarcasm*)... Thanks anyway!

bandit89

bump, I don't think i'll order any but I was also looking to find some suomi or finola or similar or even wild hemp seeds. Anywhere else besides vsb I have heard of problems with their stock, looking for something very vigorous. Thnaks.:thank you:

burningfire

Veteran
I don't know exactly why you guys want Finola... I had an ornamental project but I simply don't have the place or time at the moment to work on it.

this is my base, it's a jungli from the nepalese seeds I grew a few years backfrom the real seed company. I made seeds with a chitral made but I had plans to get more purple into it and go with something viney and creeper like.. like some south indian ganja.

if you want real wild stuff you'll find some in the Himalayan lines carried by RSC.. they had some wild stuff for sale a few years ago but I think your best bet right now would be the nanda devi

Only Ornamental

Veteran
Hi burningfire,

Thanks, though I'm not looking for wild plants (Finola/FIN-314 for sure isn't)!
It's not about getting feral genetics into some crosses but getting Finola LoL . It truly is for ornamental reasons because, with a certificate of origin (or however they call it), it's legal here around to have some ornamental plants in the garden; Finola, allegedly a ruderalis x sativa cross, is autoflowering, finishes early (produces ripe seeds in time) in northern latitudes (or bad/cold weather) and it's pretty small for a fibre/seed hemp strain. Additionally, I don't like the other EU-approved cultivars (especially those French hybrids and monoecious ones) whereas the 'Kompolti' and the Italian crosses flower late (although the Italians have comparatively high CBD levels) and the Hungarian Lovrin 110 isn't EU approved... I would also go for the 'Helvetica' cultivar but it's no longer approved (too high THC content) and likely to be 'extinct' in practical terms ;( .

A second project would be the feral progeny of the famous 'Kentucky fibre hemp' (or whatever's growing wild in the mid north-west of the states)... There seem to be also purple and high essential oil specimens... But that's a different matter and I may open a new post to ask for seeds from those ;) .

P.S. Heard that the suomi by VSB is a sickly cripple (at least in the first generation)...

burningfire

Veteran
I did not take into account the legality of such a thing.. I don't know what kind of legal work you would have to do if you created an hybrid with finola genes.. I assume commercializing it would be a nightmare.

Only Ornamental

Veteran
Where I live, crossing what so ever strains and even germinating seeds form a pure home made F1 Finola or other authorised strain is prohibited... Though, no idea how anyone could prove that when working with a stable line. As long as the THC content is below the limit, there would likely be no consequences when there's no signs of 'agricultural intentions' (meaning: selling, processing or even propagating or consuming what's growing! Politicians.... tststs).

Usually, it's a pain in the ass, but right now I'm soooo happy that no one seems to care what neighbours do; mowing the lawn on Sunday, chopping wood at midnight, illegally tuning up the mopeds, party till late or rather drinking wine, listen to bad music and arguing noisily on the balcony that is (man, that really sucks), growing my plants which one smells 50 meter down the road... you name it!

Only Ornamental

Veteran
@ burningfire: Found your other post from a few years back about that project. Your Himalayan, is it really hemp or a feral drug type? Sure, they have both over there but from what I've read so far the wild 'landraces' kept here are wild drug type cannabis...

burningfire

Veteran
I Don't think feral drug type is really a 'thing' .. this is feral, the plant I grew had little to no thc.. at least there were no discernible effects.. and it did affect the buzz whenever I'd mix it with high thc varieties. so I'm guessing it's cbd contents were high, wild plants will range from high in thc to nil.

farmers in nepal grow multipurpose plants too.. plants for seed/fiber and some hash.. there's no clear delimitation between drug type and hemp, unless you have to comply to regulations about thc contents.

Only Ornamental

Veteran
No THC does not automatically mean that it's a wild or feral one. Within every hash/charas plant population there are many of the THC type, some less of the mixed THC/CBD type but always a few ones with only CBD. Maybe you've had bad luck and got just the latter one? Would explain the high CBD content...
Your right, a clear delimitation does not exist. Still, good ganja plants may also give a lot of nice seeds and from what I've read may also contain useful quantities of fibres (maybe 25% instead of 35% like in Fibrimon and co.). And those folks in the Himalaya not only use their plants for everything but they rely on wild growing hemp/cannabis. Clearly, there is a strong influence of nature and a minor one of men; a plant found there could be anything. You might test the CBD content of your specimen? Guess, that above ~5% would make it a drug type and clearly improve the success rate and performance of crosses...

By the way, how did you get it?

burningfire

Veteran
that's what I said, wild plants will range from high thc to nil.

I got it when I grew the nepalese from the real seed company, I got a cultivated plant you would define as drug-type plant and a few feral individuals

picture.php

Great hash, okay bud.. the cross I've been working smokes better as bud than the parent

oldchuck

Veteran
I bought a couple of those VSB Suomi packs, several hundred seeds. Very, very low germination. After a huge struggle I got a few scrawny, crippled, stunted plants. Surprisingly, I got seeds. Supposedly Suomi is Finola but how can one be sure? I'm looking forward to seeing if I can grow some healthy plants from my seed. Anyone have a link to a cannabinoid analysis of Finola?

I too would like to get some ditchweed seeds to play with. If it has Kentucky hemp genetics, which came from China I think, it could have very interesting cannabinoid profiles.

Only Ornamental

Veteran
To avoid double-posts, I removed a part of my answer. Here the link to the new location: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=271780

Not sure whether there is a cannabinoid profile of Finola, because the content is pretty low...

Concerning Suomi by VSB:
Maybe they purchased a small amount of food grade quality Finola seeds and labelled them ignoring the fact that in Canada food quality seeds are 'sterilised' (Finola does infra-red treatment). Seeds treated in such a way show small cracks in the shell and dry out fast but are still viable when freshly planted even if germination rate is low and many plants are deformed, have no vigour and a slow initial growth. Observed that with bird food seeds myself... Though, the offspring should do fine as genetic mutations are unlikely to be introduced by infra-red treatment; it's just the protein layer which giving the initial boost for the embryo which looses in efficiency.

Last edited:

bandit89

Another possibility with the VSB seeds is that they are directly from a grow which were stressed. On the Finola website it states plants stressed out will finish must faster but yield less and also produce seeds with low germination rate... I'm trying to get a small pack of seeds for hemp from somewhere besides vsb so I can grow a few plants only to acquire more seeds and then start breeding the strongest best males with the best females, then in about 5 years or sooner because like in kentucky they are gonna start allowing hemp to be grown, I'm gonna be ready to have a major hemp operation. While everyone else is still trying to find good seeds, I'll have my own 25kg bags ready.

Only Ornamental

Veteran
Well, did you thought about the agricultural seed banks for large scale growers aka farmers and that those need special licences no matter the legality of hemp/cannabis? The day it's legal, farmers can get approved varieties from approved sources.
You might be as illegal growing someone elses seeds for 5 years and selling them then as you'd be now by selling 'high potency' seeds... With some luck it's only the F and not the D in FDA which gets you busted LoL.
When you're a bit stressed: Finola starts flowering at an age of 25-30 days and has plenty of ripe seeds at a hundred. Good planning might give you 4 generations with in-/outdoor growing per year ;) .

oldchuck

Veteran
I really don't like the politically expedient dividing line that exists between drug Cannabis and hemp Cannabis. As far as I'm concerned it's all one species and beneficial breeding, whether for medicinal, recreational, fiber, protein, or oil uses, ought to happen without regard to THC levels. Why shouldn't a great fiber strain have a modest amount of THC?

Only Ornamental

Veteran
Why shouldn't a great fiber strain have a modest amount of THC?
Cause it'll be used as fodder and stoned cows might give a special kind of milk, that's why :D ! True, politicians should drink that sort of milk more often... at least it'll give them the excuse why they didn't do enough in time ROFLMAO .

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Hashish varieties are 25% high THC, 50% THC/CBD, and 25% high CBD. I have tested thousands of hashish plants via GC analysis and this is how all the populations worked out, except a few that had an even higher % of CBD or CBD/THC plants. It is because hashish smokers do not smoke individual plants they smoke resin from many at a time, so they have no way of knowing if the most resinous plants have THC or THC/CBD or only CBD, they just use the plants with the most resin to keep the seeds from, after a just few years the CBD levels rise and rise.
Ganja farmers do smoke individual plants and only keep the seeds of the very best smoke, so very little CBD, if any, and lots of THC.
-SamS

No THC does not automatically mean that it's a wild or feral one. Within every hash/charas plant population there are many of the THC type, some less of the mixed THC/CBD type but always a few ones with only CBD. Maybe you've had bad luck and got just the latter one? Would explain the high CBD content...

Your right, a clear delimitation does not exist. Still, good ganja plants may also give a lot of nice seeds and from what I've read may also contain useful quantities of fibres (maybe 25% instead of 35% like in Fibrimon and co.). And those folks in the Himalaya not only use their plants for everything but they rely on wild growing hemp/cannabis. Clearly, there is a strong influence of nature and a minor one of men; a plant found there could be anything. You might test the CBD content of your specimen? Guess, that above ~5% would make it a drug type and clearly improve the success rate and performance of crosses...

By the way, how did you get it?

Latest posts

Latest posts