What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WHY is everything a Kush or an OG or a Haze.

White Beard

Does no-one actually grow CANNABIS anymore???

Everyone breeding this effete thing with that effete thing...is cannabis so genetically limited that those are the only things to grow? I always thought it was a sturdy genetic powerhouse, but no one wants to do anything but cross the ordinary with the commonplace? Who’s in effing charge here??? ANYBODY?

Landraces are not the *solutions*... if you just grab one.....

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Why is every tissue a Kleenex? Why is every cola a Coke? Why does the phone always ring when you're in the bathroom? Why does the greatest criminal mind of our time surround himself with idiots?

I believe Kush, OG and Haze, all 3 started in Otisville. It's just a little place.

Or, it might be marketing to get people to buy their products. Yeah, that's probably it.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tbh most of the shit being put out now you have no idea wtf it is. Kylie jenner, sour apple kristi brinkley with the famous grape phenos, turd bomb king, etc. Naming has become dumb as hell. Im so stoked to run my trump tears and candy cumshot 13.... Lol

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
there are lot of seeds with name haze, most are fake haze, not real thing.. its long flowering variety I doubt anybody grows real haze for profit, not even in Colombia.. og kush will be always popular, its genial 70 days hybrid. there are too many fakes though. so its all fake :D and you will have hard time to get real deal. just names..

BombBudPuffa

Veteran
Tbh most of the shit being put out now you have no idea wtf it is. Kylie jenner, sour apple kristi brinkley with the famous grape phenos, turd bomb king, etc. Naming has become dumb as hell. Im so stoked to run my trump tears and candy cumshot 13.... Lol

:laughing:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Buy some of my Montanita Fisherman's Arse I just pick up from an old Ecuadoean fisherman a week ago. Nastiest weed I ever smoked. Makes you gag about one second after you exhale. I have a couple dozen seeds from the plastic grocery bag it came in and I WILL be making a seed run.

:puke:

ps. I'm not joking.

Why is every tissue a Kleenex? Why is every cola a Coke? Why does the phone always ring when you're in the bathroom? Why does the greatest criminal mind of our time surround himself with idiots?

I believe Kush, OG and Haze, all 3 started in Otisville. It's just a little place.

Or, it might be marketing to get people to buy their products. Yeah, that's probably it.

OMG I got that reference right in the lulz!

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Free your mind, as boundaries exist solely to keep you in the arena of conformity.

White Beard

Thanks for the responses, y’all - in my benighted region, I have never run across any of the “brands” I mentioned...and I don’t recall any widows, cheeses, berries or cookies, either.

So the consensus is it’s branding, then? A marketing appeal to buyers? I suppose I’ll find out for myself once I get situated and begin my grows....

soil margin

Veteran
Yeah it's marketing. Why is every new car a "sport" model or a "performance" package? Because people like fast cars. Using words like kush or haze is just a way of trying to market your product to long term cannabis users who enjoyed the effects of similarly named cannabis in the past. They call it kush or OG or haze because if they called it something else it wouldn't have that historical connection with customers. They'd be advertising starting from scratch.

Happy Times

Does no-one actually grow CANNABIS anymore???

Everyone breeding this effete thing with that effete thing...is cannabis so genetically limited that those are the only things to grow? I always thought it was a sturdy genetic powerhouse, but no one wants to do anything but cross the ordinary with the commonplace? Who’s in effing charge here??? ANYBODY?

Landraces are not the *solutions*... if you just grab one.....

OG Kush and Haze are very nice strains, I think that why they seem so popular

JockBudman

People don't work with seeds anymore basically. Most breeding now is done with selected clones and the "breeding" consists of making an S1 and selling that or reversing a female and crossing it to another selected clone.

Since the early days of the Dutch scene we've been bottlenecking the gene pool as the massive plane selection grows that created the main skunk, haze etc gene pools were replaced by first companies that took the original stock and f2d it, then breeding of those f2s and selections, then we got female seeds and growers demanded a lack of variety in their strains coupled with a guarantee they'd be female.

Similar shit went on in the US and that's why everything is a kush og or haze - that and skunk are the main breeding pools to use and have been for a long time to their degredation

Personally I'm working with mixed packs from people like ace, mandala and Mr Nice so that I can select my own clones to keep and work with to keep some variety in my seeds. I'd rather pop 10 to keep 1 because then I know I'm getting the best in the pack rather than going for 1 female seed and assuming it's decent right until it herms and produces nothing.

Ganja gu brah :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts