What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cut etiquette?

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
I am tired of clone only snobs..(((heres my grow too bad you cant get a clone,,cause you aint kissing my ass))) ..lol....I refuse to kiss ass for a clone...I make real deal seeds not some lucky find clone only..i don't follow the masses or the hype....yeehaw..and when I do get a cut I will s1 it
this cept I would cross to a male not s1. if it was merited maybe make a bx1.

Actually yes I have. All of my uncles have hunter etiquette. They will watch a nice 6 pointer walk by without taking it. Saving him for another hunter(perhaps younger than they are), or the chance he makes it another year, and shows back up with an ever bigger rack(I used to do the same thing when out drinking at bars, lol).

They only take an "immature' deer if the season is nearing the end, and they haven't filled any tags. Just to keep some meat in the freezer for when the home raised beef supply gets low.

All the hunters i know have etiquette. Except the young ones. Guys who have been around awhile realize that good etiquette extends to every aspect of life. Kinda like karma or the golden rule...:comfort:

Sign

I've never had a clone only, and never smoked one either, and am not looking for one in any case.

I do have a question though. Are they objectively any better than a more common pheno from the same line? Could you, again objectively, quantify the difference? Or is it more of an all around improvement like slightly better grower, slightly better smell, slightly more chems?

Was just curious after reading this thread when it popped up on the list of new posts.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've run a few clone only cultivars and I can say from my short experience that some of them are worth having and some are hype. It all boils down to personal preference.

Pre98 Bubba Kush is a wonderful clone only but it also mothers some awesome progeny that could easily match or surpass its quality. (again, it's personal)

It would be difficult to surpass the quality come from GG4, however. She makes awesome crosses as well but IMO, they do not surpass the qualities of GG4. They may add some qualities to it but they lose some from it as well. Orange Glue, for example, added some nice orange/tangerine terps while maintaining the frost and yields, losing the cheminess of the clone.

I hope that makes sensi to you.

Sign

Yeah it does make sense, so worth accepting a cut if the opportunity ever arose but not worth being obsessed over. My hunch was telling me that thanks for the confirm.

green404

1- As other have said just go to a legal state walk into a shop and buy some clones.

2- You can lurk around a pot growing website for months/years brown nosing keyboard idiots hoping one day they might ask you if you want buy a clone ?

1 sounds like the more logical choice to me.

G

1- As other have said just go to a legal state walk into a shop and buy some clones.

2- You can lurk around a pot growing website for months/years brown nosing keyboard idiots hoping one day they might ask you if you want buy a clone ?

1 sounds like the more logical choice to me.

The problem with #1 is that unless you live in the state and have a card thats not an option. I live south of MI and have tried several times to figure out a route to get a couple cuts/clones of several strains I like to run. As a small, 2 plants at a time, I am not able to keep several moms around.

A run two crops back of Glue turned out to be the best weed I have grown or possibly even smoked. One of the two phenos I had to be specific.

I did a run of Hulk Smash that I only got one female from was OK but had some health issues with the plant. Not bad smoke but nothing like the XXXX

Im 4 weeks into another run of and seem to have again two distinct phenos which mirror the first grow of this.

THIS time Im going to attempt to take cuts and keep them in refrigerated stasis until I get close to harvest and try to start a few of each until I can dry and sample this grow to see if its same as last time. If the cuts survive I will immediately start a new grow with a couple of the better of the two. If it works the first time I will probably try it again. For a small grower I only need so much for the household so I dont think I can keep a clone long term. Maybe. If its good enough I may figure out a way if possible.

Thats about the best I can do as a closet grower in a non legal state.

I HAVE discreetly asked a few members about acquiring a couple cuts of a couple strains that I would love to try to grow out to get a stash of 4-6 ounces to add to the long term cupboard.

I offered to compensate the requests for the time and trouble what they would need. I was politely told no. I didnt ask again and thanked them for at least considering it.

I figure if you ask nicely and they say no dont continue to ask them or get upset if the answer is no.

It does suck for those of us not in the inner circle to read about a grower/breeder that has a large ongoing grow of a prized cut who tells of sharing cuts with those lucky few. Then when asking politely for a taste to get shut out. Oh well.

I have even had a member offer me some seeds from a cross he made but when I followed up about it he reneged. Bummer.

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That last line is BS on the offerers part, IMO. It shows their integrity, or lack thereof.

Anyway, You can easily keep cuts around as long as you can dedicate a small space to keep some bonsai moms. Mothers don't have to produce 30 cuts at a time so keeping a mom with a few extra branches so that you can take a couple cuts should be relatively easy.
:tiphat:

green404

The problem with #1 is that unless you live in the state and have a card thats not an option. I live south of MI and have tried several times to figure out a route to get a couple cuts/clones of several strains I like to run.

I offered to compensate the requests for the time and trouble what they would need. I was politely told no. I didnt ask again and thanked them for at least considering it.

1- The country is full of routes hwys, byways, back roads, toll roads,

2- In an illegal state you are asking someone to risk exposing themselves to possible going to prison by providing you plants. Why would someone risk that for a stranger on the internet ? and if you are not willing to take an extended weekend drive to get cuts why would you expect someone to risk going to prison to provide you with those cuts ?

Just saying, this is the reality I see in your situation.

G

1- The country is full of routes hwys, byways, back roads, toll roads,

2- In an illegal state you are asking someone to risk exposing themselves to possible going to prison by providing you plants. Why would someone risk that for a stranger on the internet ? and if you are not willing to take an extended weekend drive to get cuts why would you expect someone to risk going to prison to provide you with those cuts ?

Just saying, this is the reality I see in your situation.

#1 No store front seller of clones is going to risk their business to sell to someone from out of state and does not have a growers card or whatever is required for that state. I wouldnt expect them to unless its legal. If its legal in a state to sell clones to out of state residents with no type of medical card from another legal state Id really like to know what state it is. I could drive to MI and via craigs list take a chance on some unknown person and get either busted in a trap set up for that reason or end up with a clone thats not what was stated and or one thats got bugs and disease all over it. Not worth it.

#2 Actually Im the one exposing myself to potential legal problems in that situation. If someone was to get to the point of sending me cuts or clones I would be the one who had to give an unknown person my name and address for mailing. Also the person providing them can set up a dummy email paypal that I would never know who they are unless Im a cop but realistically isnt going to waste their time chasing down a drop email address for a few clones. The person can use a made up return address like say 1060 West Addison Street Chicago. Ever heard of that address?

So long as I can order good seeds from top seed banks I will manage. It would still be cool to get a genuine verified cut of GG4 or GSC or BB3 among others.

If I had the opportunity to get one of these, I like tons of other growers in non legal states, would be on it like stink on shit.

green404

If its legal in a state to sell clones to out of state residents with no type of medical card from another legal state Id really like to know what state it is.

I am pretty sure Colorado has no out of state restrictions for recreational clones. If they do you can find tons of them on Craigslist $5-$10 no ID required

Not sure about other states ? but if your not willing to do a little research or driving I see seeds in your future.

Holmost

how often do you guys "outta the park" mo fos get random pms from strangers just asking for cuts? Im sure it happened even though with one click you could just get them banned.