What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cloning leds or fluro and watts?

easytoker

Thanks guys, there seems to be a lot of help and love here. I'm going to start off with the perlite, heat mat, plastic tote and some small 17W cfls or leds and use them indirectly. I feel like I'm over complicating it which I have a tendency to always do. I'm trying the hempy buckets right now and like them but I'm using soil instead of the perlite/verm mix but next time I'll use perlite and or a mix and see how that goes to. I want good bud but I'm not looking for setting records so keeping things simple and easy to maintain is important to me. And our summers here are freaking hot so I need easy a easy hydro solution without root rot and the hempys seem to be doing very well for me. The end of all the experimentation is to find a handful of strains to supply myself some pain meds and stop paying these ludicrous prices for it as I just can't keep paying these prices here anymore. I don't need much, about a half ounce a month would work...hopefully that's doable for me. I'm flowering with a 250hps and it seems to be doing a good job, I'd like to go higher but even the 250 makes me run the air more at this time of the year. Any of you guys deal with nerve / muscular pain and spasms? I'm trying to find a few strains that are good with these sorts of conditions. I'd like to find one that helps at night to really just relax and loosen us the muscular tension / stress and help me sleep all night. And, I need one that could help during the day without causing anxiety being out in public such as shopping at the store, something that has good social aspects that allows good functionality while out. I've got some bubblegum and a royal flush from nirvana!

(2) 13 watt 6500k cfl's over a 10"x20" tray and dome using regular soil mix or one that's been cut with some extra spm. I soak my cuttings overnight in a kelp meal tea and dip them in aloe vera powder before inserting into 3" sq pots of soil. I take 6 cuts from each plant and always have plenty to keep things going.

Mr. Roseberry

Last edited: