What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor farm 2014

G

growbigeasy

I just put these up in "introduce yourself" and gave a little background info. Wasnt sure if it was the right place, probably better over here. Im looking to bounce ideas off other like minded farmers and share our successes and struggles. Ive learned a lot just by lurking here for years. Thanks fillthepotmore, humboldtlocal and tom hill. I read all of your guys outdoor posts and theyve helped me a ton.

Attachments

• DSCF0150.jpg
    DSCF0150.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF0152.jpg
    DSCF0152.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF0153.jpg
    DSCF0153.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF0149.jpg
    DSCF0149.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 9
G

growbigeasy

Thanks! Im liking these 400's a lot. Excited to see what the next few months brings.Tomorrow ill be covering the top with straw as well. We share love for the same river. Gotta represent SO in style!

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Lookin good man! Watch how they react with that straw on top the pots and the watering differences. Last year I ended up pulling it all off my 400's and watering more..they were much happier.

G

growbigeasy

Thanks fisher. I was just looking at your greenhouse last week. So legit man, looks awesome. I hate these sprayers. I wanna switch to emitters. I hate how the sprayers throw so much water up in the root-ball and stalk area. Seen a slimy stalk a time or two from it. Ive got it really dialed in with pressure but theres no happy medium with them. I do a ton of hand watering though. Ive got killer hose pressure.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
That was always my issue with the sprayers. I couldn't jive with all the stalks getting soaked..have lost too many plants to that. At least with hand watering you know where it's going. What strains?

MostWantedGens

Nice!

it seems you are a good student of tom hill and the rest of the monster plant grower guys.

I'd also interested in the strain names... as I see you grow mostly sativa hybrids.

hand watering is a great thing! :)

G

growbigeasy

Thanks to everybody for the kind words. Im blessed to live in a place with spectacular water avaliability and sun pretty much all day. Spent most the day behind a hose. I like to hand water frequently, keeps me in tune with each and every plant. About half my garden is blue dream and the others are local stuff I got from friends. I picked up this old dready dude thumbin-it down the highway in late march while on my way to the coast. We got to talking about growing. As he was getting out of my truck he plopped a handful of seeds in my cup holder, said thanks and took off down an old dirt road. I already had all my genetics lined up but figured what the hell. So I poped and planted some. All I can say is wow. Im gonna hug this man if I ever run into him again.

Jbomber79

Veteran
This is great and your post count never tops 4.. lucky #4.

tell us about your set up, are you using teas? foliar sprays? hand watering daily?
lets here the "rest of the story"~

You must have CannaKarma.

G

growbigeasy

400 gallon gro-pro pots. Upgraded from 200's which I used previously with good results. Re-did my whole layout this year, was too disorganized and annoyed me so I brought in some heavy equipment and went to town. 15 on center spacing. Amended with my usual:Alfalfa meal, chicken manure, bone meal, oyster shells, a few guanos and lots of worm castings. I was on a time crunch and didnt amended as heavily as I would have liked. On sundays I do a liquid feed of kelp, fish, bone, calcium, guano. I also make an ACT a day prior that goes into my reservoir with my liquid food. I foliar spray weekly with kelp and earth juice. Sometimes other things also. I hand water a lot but also have my drip. I do just under 50 plots and put all my love and care into those. I know people who do way more than that but their set-ups always seem janky (at-least around here, probably not so much in other places). I'd rather shoot for absolute monsters than have hundreds of mediocre plants. But hey, thats just me. Anyway Im off to bed goodnight icmag!