What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO/earwax/shatter hash....cost in your area?

Chillin

just curious what the bho/earwax/shatter hash prices per gram are in your area/state? i remember earwax was going for like 40 a gram last summer here in the dispensaries(colorado) and now its down to 20ish,i think...i cant imagine what it would be in some places like florida or something

also, what if anyone can really breakdown the difference between earwax, shatter, and all the other one, then that would be appreciated.

:thank you:

McDankenstank

600 an Oz for butaneless shatter,earl, and wax. 400 an Oz for butane wax. 500 oz for c02 wax. Underground Colorado, fuck the commercial ass dispense support your local grower!!

ghostmade

Veteran
shit is 50-75 bones down south.my boi said he get his for 20 a g wholesale.im currently getting it @$45 to my door.your mileage may vary

McDankenstank

the shatter and earl (oil) is made using pure ethyl alcohol. You take sugar leaf, buds, kief or any basic hash product and run it through with ethyl and then you refine it by running it through a coffee filter and cooking off the ethyl with a hot plate and a pyrex. The wax is made by using about 2.5ml glycerin right before the end of the cooking process.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Around here it is 25 a gram, 110 for a 1/4 (if you know a friendly grower). But the price is pretty much whatever the grower wants within reason as it is still hard to find in most people's circles.

FatherEarth

Veteran
20$ a gram all the way to 40$ per on local CList. Custie prices for sure. I say 10$ per g for low end seems fair and 15 for the top shelf. Whole units going for 6500, for transparent jolly rancher like shatter..

Im about to quit even offering wax on the menu. If you insist on wax you can have my winterized wax filters. Puff that and let me know if you still like waxes....

vapeman24

20$ a gram all the way to 40$ per on local CList. Custie prices for sure. I say 10$ per g for low end seems fair and 15 for the top shelf. Whole units going for 6500, for transparent jolly rancher like shatter..

What do you consider to be top shelf for $15/g? You can't make money selling nug BHO really for anything less than $25. Well you can, but you would make more money just selling it as nug most of the time.

blastfrompast

Veteran

Im about to quit even offering wax on the menu. If you insist on wax you can have my winterized wax filters. Puff that and let me know if you still like waxes....

Curious what the typical ratio is for the amount of wax you pull out when you winterize?

Is it 10-20-30% ?

Cheers

Momerath

I'm with father earth on prices, as well as not wanting to offer wax.

When I winterize I usually lose between 20-30% of the starting mass. That is with concrete made using, I suppose, a standard extraction at temps around the boiling point of butane. If doing a colder extraction, I would imagine the ratio to be lower.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Funny how wax is more popular.

My theory is because of the electronic vap pens... Super easy to work with wax..shatter is harder...people are lazy.

Plus it sucks breaking a piece off and push to hard or in wrong direction and next thing you know shards are going everywhere...

FatherEarth

Veteran
maybe saving the winterized waxes to add in as a wax activator/filler for those special orders that want wax...lol I wonder if you could load the wax into a tube of material and blow it into some new oil...
Uber Wax for the wax heads...hmmm lmao

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Curious what the typical ratio is for the amount of wax you pull out when you winterize?

Is it 10-20-30% ?

Cheers

Averaging about 8% on indoor grow, and have seen over 20% on some outdoor grows.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
maybe saving the winterized waxes to add in as a wax activator/filler for those special orders that want wax...lol I wonder if you could load the wax into a tube of material and blow it into some new oil...
Uber Wax for the wax heads...hmmm lmao

Perhaps sell the tube as the ultimate cannabis wax concentrate, but advise buyers that village idiots won't be able to get off on it, thought everyone else will have the high of their life.

Package it Madison Avenue style, in a tube showing a babe with more than ample exposed cleavage, smiling ear to ear, flashing eyes that say come hither again.

Offer a feminine version of a hunk with rippling sinew and muscle, a bulging wallet, and with a smiling giggling kid on each hip, and the ends of his smile tucked tight under his ears.

Name it SmartWax and charge $1K/gram, fair trade, no discounts! Offer a $750K and $100K/gram versions called BrilliantWax and EinstienWax respectively.

Momerath

Ive thought about using all that wax in some sort of skin conditioning schmear. When you rub it into your hands its makes you soooo smooth and soft :)

Or maybe overpriced candles for hippies?

FatherEarth

Veteran
momerath,

Thats what I save it for - adding to topicals. Im not sure of its benefits if any, but it seems right, and makes for a nice lotion like texture.

GW, thats exactly what Im going to do and get it out to the clubs... Just like harborside has ' the clear ' with added terpenes. We could have " The Fogg" cloudy PNW rainforest wax... SmartWax has a nice ring to it..lmfao

FatherEarth

Veteran
yea there is a sea of garbage out there... heres a CL Ad Fail/blooper..

LOL thats what Im calling all oils that arent up to par, Blooper. :laughing:

attachment.php

Attachments

• market prices.jpg
    market prices.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 24

b33man

Hello,

So what are the current prices for lbs of BHO shatter? $6500? can I get some feedback on average prices in Norcal.