Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > Speakers Corner > If the Current Rate of Mass Shootings (with Double Digit Casualties) Continues ???

Thread Title Search
If the Current Rate of Mass Shootings (with Double Digit Casualties) Continues ??? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2019, 12:33 AM #1
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Question If the Current Rate of Mass Shootings (with Double Digit Casualties) Continues ???

The US has had mass shootings with double-digit casualties an average of every 2 months, since the Las Vegas shootings.

The most recent ones being the shooting at the Synagogue in Pennsylvania, and at the Bar in California. The last weekend in October 2018, first weekend in November.

So now it's been 3 months since the last one.

I'm just wondering, how do you guys think this will play out ?

Will the increased rate of high-casualty mass shootings continue ?

I think it will because, there's nothing to indicate that the US is about to have a Kumbaya moment. i.e. I expect More of the Same, which means things continue as they have since October 2017.

It's not like the US economy is getting any stronger. As far as I can tell, the general public is getting more desperate. One metric there is the Record Auto Loan Delinquencies.

I guess a lot of people loan-financed new cars since 2009, mostly because they needed new cars.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/car-loa...d-report-says/

Then ... firearms laws ? What do you think will happen there ?

I think more and more states will tighten up. Oregon's AB43 is one example.

They tried to make Oregon's laws stricter than California's, in one fell swoop. That did not make it on to the ballot. Thank God.

However, I think the end result is that owning AR15's & AR10's is going to get more difficult, in more states.

A 30 Degree day feels like a 40 Degree Day

(Degrees F)
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2019, 12:55 AM #2
Ace Rothstein

Ace Rothstein is a jewel in the roughAce Rothstein is a jewel in the roughAce Rothstein is a jewel in the roughAce Rothstein is a jewel in the roughAce Rothstein is a jewel in the roughAce Rothstein is a jewel in the roughAce Rothstein is a jewel in the roughAce Rothstein is a jewel in the rough
The trend will continue to increase. There are more firearms in the U.S. than people.
the cat's out of the bag.
I'm sure there are persons who are plotting how to beat the record of confirmed kills at the mass shooting that they are planning in their twisted demented mind.
If every gun was collected, they would switch to a chemical bomb as the Oklahoma City Bomber. Humans can be brutal. It's in our genes.

Last edited by Ace Rothstein; 02-17-2019 at 01:01 AM.. Reason: Remove the name of the bastard.
Ace Rothstein is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:01 AM #3
'Boogieman'

'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold'Boogieman' is a splendid one to behold
I feel as safe as ever here in America. I live in a small Indiana town where everybody owns 15-20 guns and nobody has ever been shot or killed here. Were a big country so yes shit happens, more people die from handguns, assault rifles actually play a small role in gun violence especially in bigger cities where you don't want the cops to know your armed. I can strap an AR-15 to my back and walk down the street and the cops just wave.
'Boogieman' is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2019, 01:07 AM #4
Hold Your Fire
Finding my way back home

Hold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivorHold Your Fire is a survivor
Someone will blame Trump.
Hold Your Fire is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:21 AM #5
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
It's Trump's fault. Either that or it's Bush's fault.

LMAO

Actually, it's just nature's way of thinning the herd. The weaker animals can not avoid the predators so they die. Too damn many people on this planet for the available resources anyway. If it were up to me, I would design a virus that would kill about half the people. However, the best way to effectively to that would only be if the virus was IQ selective. Anyone under 100 IQ..... in the pit. I figure 100 would be a nice mark. I prefer about 125 but there would only be a handful of people left.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:38 AM #6
BurnOne
No damn given.

BurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant future
I'm always armed. I train regularly. There is no gun free zone wherever I am. I have a shit load of guns and three ARs. Not one of them has ever got up, went out and shot anybody.
God damn, have some common sense!
Burn1
It's 4:20 somewhere. Time to Burn1.

Bullshit! There's no need to flush organics. -Bongaloid

pH meter? We don't need no stinking pH meter!

BurnOne is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:56 AM #7
BombBudPuffa

BombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringodoggie View Post
It's Trump's fault. Either that or it's Bush's fault.

LMAO

Actually, it's just nature's way of thinning the herd. The weaker animals can not avoid the predators so they die. Too damn many people on this planet for the available resources anyway. If it were up to me, I would design a virus that would kill about half the people. However, the best way to effectively to that would only be if the virus was IQ selective. Anyone under 100 IQ..... in the pit. I figure 100 would be a nice mark. I prefer about 125 but there would only be a handful of people left.
You said half the pop then IQ over 100...you're going to kill 89.593656% of the people in the US with numbers like that. Better throw a softball if you want half to survive...maybe 75.
BombBudPuffa is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:17 AM #8
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
That is some sad true shit, my friend. Albeit, IQ tests and scores have always been an issue of controversy.

One thing for sure when analyzing humans and your history... the masses have ridden on the shoulders of the few.

Old 02-17-2019, 02:27 AM #9
Medfinder

Medfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud of
Did you hear what pelosi said in regard to Trump declaring a national emergency.

If a Democrat get elected president there will be much restricted accees to firarms.

Look at all the gun free country's .... Has this stopped or slowed gun violence?
Medfinder is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2019, 03:05 AM #10
Fixed up

Fixed up will become famous soon enoughFixed up will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medfinder View Post
Did you hear what pelosi said in regard to Trump declaring a national emergency.

If a Democrat get elected president there will be much restricted accees to firarms.

Look at all the gun free country's .... Has this stopped or slowed gun violence?
You don’t even have to go to another country. Look at the US and the most gun restricted states. No bearing on shootings at all. Chicago being a prime example.
Fixed up is offline Quote