What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How late in flower can you re-veg?

ChenBenTz

I have a grow that didn't do very well. After 6 weeks of flower it looked about 3 weeks in.

So, I re-vegged it and after 2 weeks it doesn't look much different.

Is it too late? Do I get rid of the plants?

Thanks!

mr.brunch

Veteran
I have revegged plants after they have been cropped, so it’s not too late- bang em with some veg nutrients too

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Ive revegged plants after harvesting them by leaving a few lower branches with nugs and leaf on, seems like it takes forever but eventually new branches start growing out of the nugs.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Also from the looks of the first picture, it may be that re-veg is starting as there seems to be some stretching out on the buds...

TheGhost

They will re-veg at any stage of growth, just give them 18 hours or more of light and plenty of time. I have done it so many times I couldn't count. It takes time, but it will eventually happen.

Sign

Yep, they'll sit there looking half dead forever and then one day you might get some weird single leaf growth then it's back on.

If you are a time is money person it might not be worth it since you could start a seed and get it to start of flower before the other plant jump starts itself.

Bgoat

True Sign....

I am only doing it myself as i love the smoko i got off the plant... dont want to lose it... so reveg and then take some clones and likely make some fem seeds for future use, depending on space :)

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to say but revegging after 6 weeks of flowering will result in unwanted behaviour. They soon will produce countless thin shoots and the buds will be thousands but the smallest you have ever seen. A trimming nightmare. Not mentioning the time you will lose. Probably more than a month. Also the buds that you have now will change into a mass of shoots and they will decay until final harvest. Size could also get out of control and the pots could get too small. I would go back to flower immediately if I were you. You will probably still lose a month now but it would (probably) save your buds. No guarantee though for anything I said. Google "monster cropping" to see what will happen.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
A single bud will try and become many branches, but you don't have to keep them all. You get your cutters out and make it what you want it to be. If that is a single shoot, it will be as big as a single shoot should be.

I did have a nightmare once. A Black Domina that took literally years. It looked like it was back in veg properly after many months, but the slightest excuse and it was heading into flower. You could carry it from room to room and it would be off again. It needed 24/7 light. Cuttings would be turning straight away, and might not fully reveg before they were flowered. But christ was is fast. Lovely to. So I persisted past the 6 year mark with it. Yes.. 6 years. It was quite settled after about 2 years, but never really did get deep into veg. Lent it a friend who lost it in a few months. Gutted.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seems too time consuming to reveg. You have to have patience....and unless you're cloning, starting with seed seems more plausible and beneficial.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The more bud left on the plant the more chance of it revegging.

My method is to harvest the tops, feed high N veg feed with a carboload of some kind, and switch light to 24-0. In 30 days can usually take clones.

I don't like to transplant until new growth resumes. It really affects success rate negatively.

That plant in the OP post will def reveg, looks like it's doing do now.

de145

Literally any time, also you can take cuttings during flowering at any time, just be sure to give the bud a cut horizontally in half. Also I would suggest from personal experience you run 24/0 to reveg a harvested mother (not 18 or something less than 24) unless you have a lot of patience.

You will get a lot of weird shoots off the buds but it's doable, more like a saving a strain situation though as typically it's far easier to cut clones during flowering and then veg *those* out instead. Here's a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMKeEwMSgb4&feature=youtu.be

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lots of factors affect revegging. It's important to trim off lots of buds, because they suppress new growth, but leave leaves because they do photosynthesis and transpire. Obviously, you can't trim off all the buds because new growth starts from them. The hot tip is trimming the roots to match the top. Best way is cut some off the bottom and sides of the root ball with a serrated knife. Repot into a smaller container with fresh mix.

Genetics play a huge role, so don't blame yourself if you lose one. Sativas often reveg fast while indica dom's take much longer.

Latest posts

Latest posts