You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedsman > Mama Thai REG Seedsman

Thread Title Search
Buy Cannabis Seeds at Seedsman
Mama Thai REG Seedsman Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2018, 11:56 PM #21
acespicoli

acespicoli will become famous soon enoughacespicoli will become famous soon enoughacespicoli will become famous soon enough
you pop these seeds this year?

Old 06-24-2018, 12:21 AM #22
hard rain

hard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by J TricH View Post
Hi Dr.King.. i have new details from breeder...
Parents are an early thai mother and a skunk no.1 father.
Mostly sativa
Flowering 70 days
Indoor 9-11 wks.
Outdoor Nov
High yield
I just purchased these before finding this thread.
This product is advertised as 100% thai sativa. It is in fact 50%. What makes it worse is that this thread is a couple of years old and yet this misinformation still remains in the marketing?
They may still be good plants but that's not the point. I wanted fully thai plants and if I had known they were half skunk I would have bought something different.
hard rain is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:53 AM #23
xet

xet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nicexet is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard rain View Post
This product is advertised as 100% thai sativa. It is in fact 50%. What makes it worse is that this thread is a couple of years old and yet this misinformation still remains in the marketing?
They may still be good plants but that's not the point. I wanted fully thai plants and if I had known they were half skunk I would have bought something different.
I feel the same way. It made me start this thread looking for pure thai seeds https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352209

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:56 PM #24
J TricH
Vendor

J TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to all
J TricH has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xet View Post
I feel the same way. It made me start this thread looking for pure thai seeds https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352209
Hey sorry to hear mans.. just this strain still i not grown personally.. you both have pics of your plants? i can see your ressults? Thanks!!
J TricH is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2018, 11:09 PM #25
acespicoli

acespicoli will become famous soon enoughacespicoli will become famous soon enoughacespicoli will become famous soon enough
Seedsman - Mama Thai
Genetics: Thai
Variety: Pure Sativa
Type: Pure-bred, Traditional Landrace
Harvest Date: November
Flowering Period: 11 weeks
THC Content: 22%
Characteristics: Large, productive, potent pure Sativa.

This is one of our most impressive sativas not for yield but for taste and effect. Our breeders have continually selected the most early maturing, and vigorous growing phenotypes from their Thai genetics to help shorten the usually very lengthy Thai sativas flowering period. At the same time they have aimed to maintain the other beneficial characteristics, and we are more than happy with the results. The optimum THC content of this plant lies around 22% and this gives a clear, strong cerebral high. Beware this can sometimes seem a little hallucinogenic in strong doses.

This strain now flowers in 11 weeks so is more suitable for indoors than out. Although it will grow happily in greenhouses, that will protect it from any early frosts. It will also grow outside in warmer climates such as around the Mediterranean.

This plant can grow large when allowed and produces light fluffy sativa buds favoured more by the connoisseur than by cultivators growing for yield.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really dont know for sure just what I found it seemed like a pure sativa back in 1989 last time I saw real thai growing

Old 07-01-2018, 12:00 PM #26
hard rain

hard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of lighthard rain is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by J TricH View Post
Hey sorry to hear mans.. just this strain still i not grown personally.. you both have pics of your plants? i can see your ressults? Thanks!!
If I end up growing them, I will post pics. But you have missed the point. They are being advertised as a pure sativa, pure Thai.
They are crossed with skunk, therefore it is false advertising that you have known about for 2 years, without changing it.
Read the above post by acespicoli. Advertised as pure bred traditional landrace. It should read Thai x Skunk.
Your customers deserve to have an accurate description of your product.
Anyway, I am repeating myself and will leave it there.
hard rain is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:12 PM #27
Water-

Water- has a brilliant futureWater- has a brilliant futureWater- has a brilliant futureWater- has a brilliant futureWater- has a brilliant futureWater- has a brilliant futureWater- has a brilliant futureWater- has a brilliant futureWater- has a brilliant futureWater- has a brilliant futureWater- has a brilliant future
yea, BS marketing

false advertising is the same as thievery
Water- is offline Quote

Old 07-01-2018, 04:10 PM #28
acespicoli

Pictures back in the day had to be developed and that was very risky back then thats why you dont see alot of old school grow pictures unless they were polaroid instant photos. Polaroids are not archival and were not meant to last forever. They were designed for instant gratification. Compared to other mediums, instant photographs are fragile. Also grow journals and photos were not a thing you wanted to get caught with.

So sadly I do not have alot of old photos just fond memory's

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:47 AM #29
J TricH
Vendor

J TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to all
J TricH has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:
Originally Posted by acespicoli View Post
I really dont know for sure just what I found it seemed like a pure sativa back in 1989 last time I saw real thai growing
Quote:
Originally Posted by acespicoli View Post
Pictures back in the day had to be developed and that was very risky back then thats why you dont see alot of old school grow pictures unless they were polaroid instant photos. Polaroids are not archival and were not meant to last forever. They were designed for instant gratification. Compared to other mediums, instant photographs are fragile. Also grow journals and photos were not a thing you wanted to get caught with.

So sadly I do not have alot of old photos just fond memory's
Not worry, thanks for sharing your XPs, good to hear people had grown..

Quote:
If I end up growing them, I will post pics. But you have missed the point. They are being advertised as a pure sativa, pure Thai.
They are crossed with skunk, therefore it is false advertising that you have known about for 2 years, without changing it.
Read the above post by acespicoli. Advertised as pure bred traditional landrace. It should read Thai x Skunk.
Your customers deserve to have an accurate description of your product.
Anyway, I am repeating myself and will leave it there.
I understand what you say, I will speak with offices, but keep in mind that we offer the descriptions that our breeder for each genetics wants to offer, we do not lie about the parents, you have read it in this same thread, I have given the data myself when asked I think that in Seedsman we work with an ethic that is well above average and I am proud of it. We always offer a response until the last instance, be it good or bad .. we are going with the truth ahead. Showing each of our genetics cultivated by the same home grower (myself), from seeds and basic equipment, "without cheating or carton" (Spanish phrase, ignore if not understand), not yet all the strains but they will be in the future .. in the other hand, i cant wait to see your grow, shotme please.. also coming some grow from other growers (or should, the guys were very interested in wanting to show this, so I hope to see this soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water- View Post
yea, BS marketing

false advertising is the same as thievery
there are phenotypes ... you can get what you want, but you really like to give your opinion without trying..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smug_Pepe View Post
How does a pure Thai finish in 11 weeks?

Sour diesel finishes in 11 weeks I would expect a Thai to go 14+, 16+ is probably a safer bet.
She can go up to 16 weeks deppending pheno..
J TricH is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:18 PM #30
acespicoli

Narrow leaf airy bud strains and a up high to me would indicate a sativa lineage
Wide leaf dense buds with a couch lock to me would be indica
hybrids well.... im gonna stick to origin landrace's for this post

Information borrowed from sf

Thailand - Direct Descendents

76 Thai Stick » Thailand - Sativa
Cali Love » Thailand - Sativa
Chocolate Thai » Thailand - Sativa
Chocolate Thai » Thailand - Sativa
Green Thai » Thailand - Sativa Probably Sativa
Highland Thai » Thailand - Sativa
Ko Chang » Thailand - Sativa Probably Sativa
Mama Thai » Thailand - Sativa
Meao Thai » Thailand - Sativa
OG Chocolate Thai » Thailand - Sativa
Purple Thai » Thailand - Sativa
Siam Lady » Thailand - Sativa
Super Tai » Thailand - Sativa Probably Sativa
Thai 82 » Thailand - Sativa
Thai Stick » Thailand - Sativa IBL
Thaifun Horizon » Thailand - Sativa
The Goo » Thailand - Sativa
Traveling Thai » Thailand - Sativa
Vietnamese Mindfuck » Thailand - Sativa
Voodoo » Thailand - Sativa x Thailand - Sativa
Wild Thailand » Thailand - Sativa Ko Chang

I think the flowering times can be reduced on many land race sativa strains by selection of early flowering phenos
Some of these above do not look very sativa like in appearance to me, maybe from highlands ?

Last edited by acespicoli; 07-14-2018 at 03:39 PM..
acespicoli is offline Quote