in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seedsman > Original Afghani #1 REG Seedsman

Thread Title Search
Buy Cannabis Seeds at Seedsman
Original Afghani #1 REG Seedsman Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2018, 01:11 AM #21
J TricH
Vendor

J TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to all
J TricH has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkfunk View Post
Nice one I grew these years ago from seedsman and liked the sweet afghani smoke with a few having an unmistakable afghan hash flavour and with these pheno's came a narcotic indica potency that could wipe you out.The sweeter ones are really nice too.
Thanks for share your XPs.. great words!!
J TricH is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:13 AM #22
therevverend

therevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant future
I have a problem with a pack of Afghani #1 seeds I purchased from your website a couple years ago. Figured I should let you know about it.
I started some seeds from the pack this spring. The problem is that they are not Afghani #1. Rather then the wide leaf Indica stocky structure I was expecting the plants are growing like a long-flowering narrow leaf tropical sativa.

Long leggy growth. Here is a picture of one beside a wide leaf Indica that was planted at the same time.

Not a great picture but you get the idea. The strain is very different from all my . It is not at all like your description.
Here's a couple photos of the breeder's pack to show I didn't get stoned and make a mistake.

I am meticulous with my labeling. Every seed I planted (6) that sprouted was the same strain and not Afghani #1.
I've always been happy with your Seedbank your customer service is good, you've been generous with your freebies. When you've been out of the strain I've wanted you've quickly come up with a replacement strain or notified me when it was back in stock.
I'm annoyed by this mistake of course but I know stuff like this can happen. I'm glad I can see photos of other peoples' grows where they bought the pack and got the right strain.
Hopefully by making you aware of this you can avoid similar mistakes in the future.
therevverend is offline Quote

Old 06-29-2018, 03:31 AM #23
willydread

willydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud of
I have the same pheno from afghani 1 from seedsman few years ago....
willydread is offline Quote

Old 06-29-2018, 08:45 PM #24
J TricH
Vendor

J TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to allJ TricH is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by therevverend View Post
I have a problem with a pack of Afghani #1 seeds I purchased from your website a couple years ago. Figured I should let you know about it.
I started some seeds from the pack this spring. The problem is that they are not Afghani #1. Rather then the wide leaf Indica stocky structure I was expecting the plants are growing like a long-flowering narrow leaf tropical sativa.

View Image

Long leggy growth. Here is a picture of one beside a wide leaf Indica that was planted at the same time.

View Image

Not a great picture but you get the idea. The strain is very different from all my . It is not at all like your description.
Here's a couple photos of the breeder's pack to show I didn't get stoned and make a mistake.
View Image
View Image

I am meticulous with my labeling. Every seed I planted (6) that sprouted was the same strain and not Afghani #1.
I've always been happy with your Seedbank your customer service is good, you've been generous with your freebies. When you've been out of the strain I've wanted you've quickly come up with a replacement strain or notified me when it was back in stock.
I'm annoyed by this mistake of course but I know stuff like this can happen. I'm glad I can see photos of other peoples' grows where they bought the pack and got the right strain.
Hopefully by making you aware of this you can avoid similar mistakes in the future.
Hey.. those leaves are correct with the seeds that I personally have tried 3 years ago, you may like it or not, but this is our Original Afghani #1..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9575 O afg.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	461018
J TricH is offline Quote

Old 06-29-2018, 09:34 PM #25
willydread

willydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud ofwillydread has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by J TricH View Post
Hey.. those leaves are correct with the seeds that I personally have tried 3 years ago, you may like it or not, but this is our Original Afghani #1..

Attachment 461018
Yes,afghani from seedsman is good,i'm talk about pheno...
most people think afghani cultivar are all wld,but you can find some nld,i have a landrace seeds from Afghanistan and this population give some nld pheno....

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-30-2018, 03:40 AM #26
Elmer Bud
Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore

Elmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond reputeElmer Bud has a reputation beyond repute
G `day JT

I think the broad leaf is a more modern adaption for hash making .
Old school Afghani was more thin leaf . Broad leaf yields more hash so was adopted for exports .

Here is a pic of a Thin leaf Afghani in the early 70s .

That plant is from the era Affie #1 was collected .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:55 AM #27
J TricH
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer Bud View Post
G `day JT

I think the broad leaf is a more modern adaption for hash making .
Old school Afghani was more thin leaf . Broad leaf yields more hash so was adopted for exports .

Here is a pic of a Thin leaf Afghani in the early 70s .

View Image

That plant is from the era Affie #1 was collected .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Surely.. thanks for the shot!!
J TricH is offline Quote

Old 07-04-2018, 11:56 PM #28
therevverend

therevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant future
Perhaps my pictures were not clear enough. Here's a couple more:

Here is a comparison with a true Afghan Indica planted simultaneously and grown in the same medium for comparision. Notice the difference in size, stretch, node length, leaf size.

[IMG]`day JT I think the broad leaf is a more modern adaption for hash making . Old school Afghani was more thin leaf . Broad leaf yields more hash so was adopted for exports . Here is a pic of a Thin leaf Afghani in the early 70s .[/IMG]

I understand there are Thin Leaf sativa Afghanis. That is not what Seedsman advertises this plant to be on their site. They led to me to believe I was purchasing seeds to grow an Indica. To quote directly:

""Description

Original Afghani #1 is another cannabis strain brought to the world courtesy of Sacred Seeds in the 1970s. It is a traditional land-race cannabis and an early example in the west of a stable, true-breeding indica that has since been used in many breeding programmes. This indica is a hardy plant that is well-known for producing dense, resinous buds that are excellent for the production of traditional hashish. In the last 4 decades or more it has become acclimatised to growing outdoors in the USA and in Europe by highly selective breeding which successfully fixed more favourable traits such as resin production and early flowering.

The Sensi Seed Bank is just one of many that has used this strain extensively to create some wonderful indica-dominant cannabis strains. Vigorous in vegetative growth it remains a squat plant with a very strong stem that protects it against the wind. It has a very strong, rich aroma which is quite unmistakable. As a true-breeding, classic indica it provides very reliable breeding stock.""

If you purposely sold me this plant and it's not an accident I'm disappointed. You advertised it as a Indica. A squat plant with a strong stem that protects it from wind. I know from experience a strong wind will blow that scraggy lanky sativa looking thing all over the place, maybe break it.
I didn't just plant two, I planted several seeds. All were tall, lanky, thin stemmed, with leaves ranging from thin to the one pictured above which has the sort of thin leaves and growth pattern I'd expect from an equatorial strain.
The site also claims it will finish in Mid-September. And produce dense buds. We will see but I'm not holding my breath.
If this strain once was a stable, true breeding squat wide stemmed Indica it should not have morphed over time into this. Over the last few decades someone has made poor selections.
It's unfortunate because your company has treated me well in the past. Someone needs to be held accountable. You're answer is 'like it or not it's our afghani #1'. Then you should say that in your advertising instead of lying.
therevverend is offline Quote

Old 07-05-2018, 12:02 AM #29
willydread

Beautiful plants,but they will be not ready before early october,same thing for sensiseeds afghani or hindukush.....

Old 07-05-2018, 03:34 AM #30
J TricH
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by therevverend View Post
Perhaps my pictures were not clear enough. Here's a couple more:

View Image

Here is a comparison with a true Afghan Indica planted simultaneously and grown in the same medium for comparision. Notice the difference in size, stretch, node length, leaf size.

View Image

View Image

I understand there are Thin Leaf sativa Afghanis. That is not what Seedsman advertises this plant to be on their site. They led to me to believe I was purchasing seeds to grow an Indica. To quote directly:

""Description

Original Afghani #1 is another cannabis strain brought to the world courtesy of Sacred Seeds in the 1970s. It is a traditional land-race cannabis and an early example in the west of a stable, true-breeding indica that has since been used in many breeding programmes. This indica is a hardy plant that is well-known for producing dense, resinous buds that are excellent for the production of traditional hashish. In the last 4 decades or more it has become acclimatised to growing outdoors in the USA and in Europe by highly selective breeding which successfully fixed more favourable traits such as resin production and early flowering.

The Sensi Seed Bank is just one of many that has used this strain extensively to create some wonderful indica-dominant cannabis strains. Vigorous in vegetative growth it remains a squat plant with a very strong stem that protects it against the wind. It has a very strong, rich aroma which is quite unmistakable. As a true-breeding, classic indica it provides very reliable breeding stock.""

If you purposely sold me this plant and it's not an accident I'm disappointed. You advertised it as a Indica. A squat plant with a strong stem that protects it from wind. I know from experience a strong wind will blow that scraggy lanky sativa looking thing all over the place, maybe break it.
I didn't just plant two, I planted several seeds. All were tall, lanky, thin stemmed, with leaves ranging from thin to the one pictured above which has the sort of thin leaves and growth pattern I'd expect from an equatorial strain.
The site also claims it will finish in Mid-September. And produce dense buds. We will see but I'm not holding my breath.
If this strain once was a stable, true breeding squat wide stemmed Indica it should not have morphed over time into this. Over the last few decades someone has made poor selections.
It's unfortunate because your company has treated me well in the past. Someone needs to be held accountable. You're answer is 'like it or not it's our afghani #1'. Then you should say that in your advertising instead of lying.
I suppose you have seen my photos in the first post of this thread .. 3 plants 2 phenos .. two indica dense compact tail buds and one very branched. I can only tell you that genetics is capricious, it is a regular seed S1.. from 1970 to now they have run many years. I have given you the "quick answer", now I am going to look for the slow response (that has to come from the breeder that this genetics provides us). I am not breeder and I was not even born in 1970, I would do it 5 years later, so I have never seen an original of that time, have you seen? Ok, I'll be back when I have the breeder information..
J TricH is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.