What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new kind of mutant

Here are pics of a rarely seen before variety of cannabis...

Codominant in between two kinds of ruderalis, one huge rudy from hungary, one small rudy from lowryder...

The hybrid makes 3-4 phenos, including fast automatics that make strong buds that dont stop stretching because they think they are still growing,

And large automatics that dont make any side branches, because they think they are budding, so they make a plant shape like a single big bud 4 feet tall with 200 grams, totally feeble indoors, and outdoors, early and strong with acceptable structure. i am expecting this variety can make cola's 8 inches wide. the leaves are all 1 2, and 3 blades:

if this was watered and didnt have slugs it would by twice as tall :D

uAsWpxV.jpg

kg9DexL.jpg

L9aSIsc.jpg

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Nice, outdoor grows always have so many challenges! Water and some attention will get these girls to harvest!

:) Thanks for the encouragement, i need to employ an actual guerilly from mexico to water them, you have an agency for them :) can provide a tent :)

result was:

40 grams of 8% THC sort of weed from 1 Super Auto pheno in september,

80 grams of 16% THC from 2 mutant Codominant weed, it was sick sticky and drippy.

Both the above ones (auto * superauto) were surprisingly mould prone

170 grams from a KC33 thank finised in 28th october, 45 days after the codoms )

watered them about 20 litres, 5 times in total. will stick slug pelets to gaffer tape hoops next time and make a forcefield.

Ok, the Mega-THC mutant has reappeared. She has been budding for a week, the stalks are covered in trichomes. I'm surprised by the potency of this plant compared to the other plants in the grow room, it's similar to colchicine vigour, competing chromosomes in the plant... awesome.
IMG_0532_1.jpg

J-Icky

Very interesting. Keep up the good work. Wish I had access to selection of true Ruderalis from different areas. I dream of being able to go to eastern europe and juts traveling from country to country and all different villages and towns collecting and cataloging ever type of ruderalis I could find.
I would also love to do this in china and japan with their unregulated and wild growing "hemp".
I don't know about most but I just think there is so much more, genetically, out there that has yet to be discovered and these plants most think are too weak to bother wiht probably have the most to offer. But realistically the "drug" varieties have barelybeen explored as most of what is grown and bred is just a bottlenecked collection of genes that just get further and further inbred and remixed.

Thats why its nice to see people doing work with these "ugly step children". Now if we could only make a law that any breeder must go out and collect their breeding stock from true landraces and wild strains from their natural area. Also make it illegal to charge more than $1/seed if the are just crosses of existing strains or the parent plants were bought or obtained from a seedbank or breeder that did selections or stabilizations before releasing of selling what they call landraces.

Yeah it's fun to have some wild ganja from some bizarre habitats, i.e. the wild mountains of eastern europe and from the -30 degrees every winter of the Volga river in Russia... Someone sent me a pic of cannabis that grows wild in the woods of Togliatti Russia where the river freezes over in the winters. It's weird that feral ganja in canada and russia is probably photodependent, i want to know where the feral giant autoflower varieties are, no one even knows where its from.

Purple maroc actually contains autoflower genes and so do stitch super auto varieties... if you combine that with a regular fast autoflower, there are a percentage of the offspring that are weird mutants...

The ones that veg and flower at the same time and create a giant veg bud, and the ones that bud heavily same as the other fast autoflowers, exept they dont want to stop budding, they keep on popping up flowers for 1 month after all the regular autoflowers have called it a day. only issue with them is to keep em very ventilated because the bud is so huge and dense, it can mould because it transpires from within even without the presence of humidity!!! it literally grows so dense and massive that it stagnates at the centre and goes mouldy unless there is good ventilation on it! awesome.