What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Landrace Sativa 2012

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well my Colombian buddy came through with a nice lb. of domestic Colombian sativa. He didn’t have a name for it but he knows where it was grown (Manizales) and that this strain has been grown in this region for decades. It looks bad compared to the fine “creepy” I’ve been getting for the last year, but I must admit I enjoyed cleaning all the “stuff” out of the lb. clump. Looks in this case mean nothing to me, it’s the effect I’m looking for and this sample has it. The buds once separated from the shake and stuff have a greasy, oily feel and produce a strong musky odor. The buds are seeded and fully ripened as well as softly compressed, leaving the mature seeds uncrushed. The burnt taste and smells are the same, rich earthy full on Colombian, that’s the only way I know how to describe it. The smoke is thick and aromatic, its sharp on the lungs and the flavor lingers well after smoking. Unlike the beautifully sweetness of my skunk buds this pure Sativa is hardcore industrial strength produce. After taking 4 or 5 deep hits I feel a little something but not much, it took 15 minutes and then bam it hits and the world becomes a better place. A warm glow fills the body with the classic long lasting Colombian up down effect; an unstoppable grin comes after about a half an hour then the peak. After a couple hours it’s time to reup or ready to do anything with no down side. All in all I’m very happy with this sample in its effects and its seeds are a great foundation for future grows.
Peace from Colombia!
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Old School C-bo

Old School C-bo

This is not top shelf Colombian, this is more like the everyday work week weed. This is the stuff that gets you through the week, a reward for a long days work. I made some beautiful QWISO and it's drying for Christmas. Here's some "Black n Tan Colombian.

attachment.php

Merry Christmas from Colombia!

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Good to have you back and posting. What is the general seed size in Colombian weeds these days?

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seed

Seed

Good to have you back and posting. What is the general seed size in Colombian weeds these days?

Hi Thule, thank you so much it’s a great pleasure to be back here. The little buds in this lb sample are indeed seeded with fresh looking seed (I haven't tried to germ any yet) that are small and black. There's really not too many, the shake has a few and the buds are "lightly" seeded at best. I like this type of Colombian for a few reasons, the taste and effects are great and remind me of yesterday and at 35,000COP a lb. its a great deal. However most smokers here like the sweet sinsemilla that’s here now and the great pure domestic sativa is looked down on. My Colombian friend that got this clump for me felt very bad about this weed compared to the usual creepy that he gets, he said next order of creepy I get from him will have a few grams free in it. Lets see how quick he forgets that, anyway it’s great to share again and to be back with the great people here.

Peace from Colombia

attachment.php

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Landrace V.S. Hybred

Landrace V.S. Hybred

Here's two buds both grown outdoors in the central highlands of Colombia. One is grown from inbreed imported seeds, I was told its white widow and I believe this to be true as it is super potent. The other bud was grown in the same conditions but is from domestic sativa seed and of course cured “traditionally”. I love the contrast!

Happy holidays from Colombia!

attachment.php

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dark

Dark

Rich like the coffee thats grown in the same area, Colombian sativa!

attachment.php

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:
D

draco

that looks like what i smoked up in Barranquilla in '71.

i would trade 2 zips sour diesel for 1 zip of that seeded colombian any day...

O

OrganicOzarks

Beautiful landrace. I would love to grow out some of this. Hope you do a grow show.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grow

Grow

Yes I really want to get growing again ASAP. We were looking at a new place yesterday that has a balcony & a garden. But again we have to wait for the holidays to finish and work to pick up before we can move. I couldn't wait and started some skunk seeds. I'm going to wait till I move before starting some of the sativa.

attachment.php

Merry Christmas from Colombia!

Last edited:

Rinse

Veteran
Nice pics red rider, great contrast between the Widow and Lumbo, the lumbo looking more mysterious and natural.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That smell

That smell

Ah yes, old school lumbo meets the classic super hybrid. Both these plants were grown out under the same high altitude equatorial sun but wow what a difference. The widow is top self in everything, looks smell, taste is ok and the effect is a perfect balance depending on the amount consumed. The widow is undeniably stronger and prettier; it’s very much medical in every aspect. The “regular” or domestic is pure high altitude equatorial sativa, cured the old school export way. This is just like I remember very good “mersh” Colombian from the 70s being. It’s good but not quite the finest of this grade of Colombian. After “cleaning” the lb, I had maybe (guessing here) two ounces of garbage and no really nice buds. However in a heads up comparison with the Colombian grown white widow this raggedy looking mountain bud held its own in quality of effect. The sativa always gets me feeling really good (no tolerance yet) where the widow sometimes just stones me too much leaving me burnt out. I’ve been burning both but more of the regs and really enjoying them.

attachment.php

White Widow V.S. Colombian

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Door's open

Door's open

Thanks for the thread, I love seeing nice lumbo again. Wish I could drop in for a puff.

Come down when you can, my door's always open and it's never dry here. There's a year round supply of fresh buds available. I do like having several choices at hand and can't forget the extracts. Life is good!

attachment.php

Colombian Grown Skunk

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tons of fun

Tons of fun

In the late 70s I started getting weed like this in the US, it isn't pretty and you have to clean it but the high is where it's at. I believe this to be a pure landrace equatorial sativa. The look smell, taste and especially the high are exactly how I remember (and I burned this stuff for years in the past) Colombian weed to be.

attachment.php

Colombian classic 2012

attachment.php

High altitude Sativa

Peace from Colombia!

Last edited:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
so how does the average weed smoker down there get his stash? homegrown or do they buy
the stuff you are showing here? or is what you are showing primo head stash that most
columbians wouldn't get?

also, why don't we see this nice lumbo in the states anymore???

thanks for the show and tell! that stuff puts me right back in junior high...really high!

Latest posts

Latest posts