What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

would clones from a monster cropped mother retain vigerous growth

Adze

Different seeds in a pack aren't clones.
Of course there are different strains.
Of course if the environment is different it will effect the plant and it's potential.
Most of what you've said has little or nothing to do with clones.
I'll stand by what I said.

T

tazz11

Different seeds in a pack aren't clones.
Of course there are different strains.
Of course if the environment is different it will effect the plant and it's potential.
Most of what you've said has little or nothing to do with clones.
I'll stand by what I said.

I have been cloning from the mid 70's, believe what ever you want ...and I never said you were wrong ..

stand there i don't care ...lol

Last edited:

Adze

"if you were correct then there would be no reason to look for phenol type"
"and I never said you were wrong"

That is exactly what you did say and that is wrong. The question is about clones, no where does the OP ask about anything else. So all the verbiage about selection and strains is irrelevant.

How long you've been cloning is also irrelevant, of course.

Last edited:
T

tazz11

"if you were correct then there would be no reason to look for phenol type"
"and I never said you were wrong"

That is exactly what you did say and that is wrong. The question is about clones, no where does the OP ask about anything else. So all the verbiage about selection and strains is irrelevant.

How long you've been cloning is also irrelevant, of course.

your irrelevant ......lol ....I am sorry you don't know the meaning of the word "if"

a clone is taken from a plant for one reason only, to keep the strain going ..it has absolutely nothing what so ever to do with that strains stabilization or its qualities or purities ...if you think so, predict the next 10 phenol types in a row from any given plant ...!I know you can not predict the next one let alone 10 ... only a real fool would try ...that was my point ...if you think every clone will look just like the parent you should be growing corn not cannabis ...

Last edited:
T

tazz11

"Pheno hunting is more for hybrid which often display some variance in traits & phenotypes due to the mixture of lines used to create the hybrid"

" http://hightimes.com/read/selecting-perfect-clone-mother "

http://hightimes.com/search?search=clone+varaition

http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetruth/2013/03/27/seeds-vs-clones/

you said "Clones have the same genetic potential for vigor as the parent plant" if the parent plant was from clone it self ...!
that statement is worded wrong .. the parent plant could have been from seed , and no clone can match the plant from seed. ..

"why because a clone can not produce F1 vigor"..

checkmate !

let me explain

even if you had a male clone and a female clone you could not make F1 vigor to match that of a seeded mating pair of parents .. clones do not have the same potential as seeded plants ...

I have been studying this effect for about 25 years now . I feel it may be at the heart of the failing of the genetic pool ,see if I am correct the mating of clones can not improve the qualities of the genetic pool ,they can only degrade it ...clones can be very useful ,but they should be isolated from the main genetic pool ..with out seeded parents the genetic pool will become stale ...and lack F1 vigor .. my theory is that those old school growers and breeders are the only thing saving the genetic pool from total collapse....thats the reason I collected the Abducted strain base ..it has never been cloned !

Last edited:

Adze

"Brevity is the soul of wit" William Shakespeare

Your arguments are without merit. A cutting from a plant with hybrid vigor will have the same hybrid vigor.

No point in continuing a conversation with someone so limited and confused in their understand of the topic.

T

tazz11

OK
then you tell me how you believe a degraded fraction of a whole , a clone to be vigorous when it is all ready inferior next to the host ?

it is imposable ....fact...look it up ...

Last edited: