What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question for Experts on Photoperiod and Green Light

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
So I hope this is the right forum to put this question up, I should not be allowed near this forum due to my " hack nature " as a grower.

So it is common knowledge or at least "belief" that you can use green light during the dark period in flower without causing disruption...

what if you had a green light inside of an orange crystal such as this?

images

(in this pic , there is a 2700k light bulb in the middle of the hollow salt crystal )

Will the orange color of the crystal change the green light enough to disrupt the photoperiod???

Hope that makes sense...

atarijedi

Plants do use green light, personally, I wouldn't risk it.

If you want to work on plants during the dark period. Use one of those cheap $40 night vision kids toys, like the EyeClops.

303hydro

Veteran
Plants do use green light, personally, I wouldn't risk it.

If you want to work on plants during the dark period. Use one of those cheap $40 night vision kids toys, like the EyeClops.

Plants using the green light is not in question, I am purely asking if a colored "lens" will actually change the spectrum of the light itself in terms to what the plant sees. I am not planning on using a salt crystal as a work light lol, they are natural ionizers...

303hydro

Veteran
ive been wondering the same thing i know plants dont use green light but i see the led guys adding green spectrum to there array are the not waisting money? please someone smart answer

This is not my question.......

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
plants do use green light.

but the flowering response of plants is controlled by red and far red light, so using green light during the dark period should not effect the flowering response.

as for the crystal, if the light inside is green then the crystal will not turn the light to another colour, all it could do is filter the light and only let certain wavelengths through - so if the lamp insie was pure green and the crystal was pure orange, then no light would find it's way through.

VG

303hydro

Veteran
plants do use green light.

but the flowering response of plants is controlled by red and far red light, so using green light during the dark period should not effect the flowering response.

as for the crystal, if the light inside is green then the crystal will not turn the light to another colour, all it could do is filter the light and only let certain wavelengths through - so if the lamp insie was pure green and the crystal was pure orange, then no light would find it's way through.

VG

Thanks for the great answer! Now I have to find a X-mas tree light that is "truly green."

google the phosphorescent green CFLs and you should find something somewhere.... so I need salt crystals for ionizing??? how well does it work for odor control? any info

and VG is very knowledgeable in the subject of grows Im using a tear off of the MODScrOG with PPK and I used to use the green long tubes with the red/blue spectrum to fill in the gaps that we leave out with artificial lights as compared to sunlight

303hydro

Veteran
google the phosphorescent green CFLs and you should find something somewhere.... so I need salt crystals for ionizing??? how well does it work for odor control? any info

and VG is very knowledgeable in the subject of grows Im using a tear off of the MODScrOG with PPK and I used to use the green long tubes with the red/blue spectrum to fill in the gaps that we leave out with artificial lights as compared to sunlight

Haven't tried it yet, but know someone who has in veg and it helped his room for sure.

pineappaloupe

wave-particle duality. if the intensity of the light passing through any medium changes, the wavelength probably changed.

303hydro

Veteran
Well I've decided in flower I will just put a crystal in without a light at all, and let my 1000w Super Blue activate it with heat and light. At night it will just remain dark....

303hydro

Veteran
The crystal emits negative Ions when heated and lit. ...as I said in the 4th post of this thread... it's a natural ionizer.

Latest posts

Latest posts