Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > LED Grow Lights > It's 2019, What IS the Known OPTIMAL Spectrum for Resin/Terpene Rich Cannabis?

Thread Title Search
It's 2019, What IS the Known OPTIMAL Spectrum for Resin/Terpene Rich Cannabis? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2019, 12:37 PM #41
sethimus

sethimus will become famous soon enoughsethimus will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koondense View Post
Of course blue light is at higher energy state than red light, that's a basic physical property of light.
Regarding those two spectrums...not the same.
Look closely at red and blue spikes, the fluence light has more blue than red, gavita otherwise.
Basically it could be two identical designs, one using 3000K white leds, the other using 4000K white leds(or using 3000K + a few blue leds).

Cheers

i suppose both use 4000k + 660nm, the difference in spectrum is that fluence uses lm561c and gavita the lm301b, check the spectrum of those, the lm301b has more blue
sethimus is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2019, 03:24 PM #42
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
only certain secondary metabolites are produced in a linear fashion in conjunction to nutrients and other work off reverse cues making the topic past the laws of minimums counter productive depending on what you are trying to improve production of

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured - Ureapwhatusow

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:24 PM #43
f-e

f-e has disabled reputation
There is so much going on here..

I think the water penetration info isn't really showing a relationship between wavelength and depth penetration. It shows blue gets deeper than both longer and shorter waves. It's telling us something about water.

I have a big problem with the model taught to me. Perhaps I should air it.
Energy=massXspeed squared. Blue has more energy, so the mass X speed values have changed. We are told the speed is that of light so that didn't change. We are told a photon at rest has no mass. So it can't change. So how can the sum be balanced to allow the Energy to increase, while mass and speed and the function of squaring are fixed.

Perhaps I will walk away at this point. At 16 I was sent to work, to pay back my step farther for my upbringing. My physics teacher tracked down my mum because I showed such potential, but I deliver parcels now. I have missed the boat on this one, but it looks like it's sinking anyway.
f-e is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2019, 06:31 PM #44
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
So, like everything else in life, it's all interconnected. Still, it's interesting picking at this knotted ball of twine with a fork. lol

Which wavelengths, and combinations of wavelengths, are responsible for terpene and resin production?

Which wavelengths and combinations of same, are responsible for physical flower production with low leaf?

Which combinations of these will produce the maximum resin and terpenes the genetics allow, and what flower size can be accomplished along with these maximums?

So it's 2019 and we're just beginning to see a dim glow ahead. Got it. lol
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2019, 08:19 PM #45
Koondense

Koondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant future
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Yeah, sorry for the typo, I was looking at these pictures in crop mode.
F-e, nothing's wrong with your sanity bro, all is good

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:31 PM #46
Ibechillin

Ibechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud of
The important thing to focus on is the physiological responses of the plants/flower analysis results, and not the energy physics. The blue light ocean penetration post was to explain why the absorption peaks are higher/violet spectrum is more efficiently utilized (the first light source).

The study I linked in post #6 shows that the more UVA and blue used the more total cannabinoids and terpenes produced, the bud formation may not be as favorable (leafy) but it will be higher quality. Something else I try to rationalize also is whether the minimal increase in cannabinoids/terps (a few % tops) is worth reduced overall yield (as much of the energy is going towards leaf production).

Genetics are really the main factor to most aspects (calyx to leaf ratio, cannabinoids, terpenes).

Light Science Information (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Humic and Fulvic acid information:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352265

Last edited by Ibechillin; 02-18-2019 at 10:47 PM..
Ibechillin is online now Quote

Old 02-17-2019, 09:07 PM #47
chronic82

chronic82 will become famous soon enoughchronic82 will become famous soon enough
Stoner science at its finest in here
chronic82 is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2019, 12:03 AM #48
Drop That Sound

Drop That Sound has disabled reputation
https://www.theguardian.com/sustaina...s-garden-italy
Drop That Sound is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2019, 12:47 AM #49
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop That Sound View Post
This is interesting, but not quite helpful here. I can see an underwater cannabis discussion thread in the future. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FONT=Verdana
Ibechillin][/font]
The study I linked in post #6 shows that the more UVA and blue used the more total cannabinoids and terpenes produced, the bud formation may not be as favorable (leafy) but it will be higher quality. Something else I try to rationalize also is whether the minimal increase in cannabinoids/terps (a few % tops) is worth reduced overall yield (as much of the energy is going towards leaf production).

Though genetics play a large part in how the end flower looks, I still believe there's an optimal balance to be reached for resin rich smoking flowers(Now I notice I did not include this in the title lol). There should be a general program of spectrum changes which will work with all genetics. Not necessarily ideal for all strains, but at least 'decent' enough of a place to start.

UVA and the Blues. Sounds like a band.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2019, 12:48 AM #50
Ibechillin

Ibechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud ofIbechillin has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop That Sound View Post

^Good article on experiments/research being done growing plants underwater. The pods are only 5-8m below the waters surface so they can utilize the full visible spectrum and UV but not IR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Though genetics play a large part in how the end flower looks, I still believe there's an optimal balance to be reached for resin rich smoking flowers(Now I notice I did not include this in the title lol). There should be a general program of spectrum changes which will work with all genetics. Not necessarily ideal for all strains, but at least 'decent' enough of a place to start.

UVA and the Blues. Sounds like a band.
The blue light effect on cannabinoid study used 2 different LED, the broader spectrum one with UVA, 100% intensity blue and moderate green/yellow did have the highest totals compared to the LED with no UVA, 60% intensity blue almost no green/yellow and 100% intensity red.

Results said there was no significant difference between the 2 led systems used overall though indicating less than 60% intensity blue is probably plenty and the UVA is negligible for cannabinoids/terpenes. UVA could be working in synergy boosting photosynthesis ability of blue light similar to the emerson effect with 670nm red and 700nm red though so im not ready to discredit it usefulness yet.

Light Science Information (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Humic and Fulvic acid information:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352265

Last edited by Ibechillin; 02-18-2019 at 01:22 AM..
Ibechillin is online now Quote