Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > A perfect cure every time

Thread Title Search
A perfect cure every time Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2019, 06:23 AM #2641
Aspenou812

Aspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivorAspenou812 is a survivor
Listen boys... Why dont y'all moisture pack boys go start your own damn thread... The is a method that requires skill and a sharp eye... If you use packs fine... Go use them and be satasified with your product... Personally ill use the skills I have painfully learned... Fuck a mosture pack... You can't tell me adding a pack adds quality or anything else...quality is I the skill of the grower and the genetics of the plants.. Period Nuff Said..
Life should not be a journey to the grave with intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WoW What A Wild Ride" - Hunter S Thompson

GIRL'S GOT SKILLS come check out the thread everyone Strains = Gorilla Bubble 6, Gorilla Berry Diesel, Train Wreck this run.....
( https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336244 )

i could clock in for very little per hour and turn into a zombie ...no thanks, since i've already been branded BAD by society i'll stick to what i do... QUOTE... STAR CRASH....
Aspenou812 is online now Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:19 PM #2642
SuperBadGrower

SuperBadGrower is a jewel in the roughSuperBadGrower is a jewel in the roughSuperBadGrower is a jewel in the roughSuperBadGrower is a jewel in the roughSuperBadGrower is a jewel in the roughSuperBadGrower is a jewel in the rough
Hey, I'm back with another result .
After my little trouble with a previous harvest where I turned my absolute dank weed into no-smell crap. Thanks very much for your help in this thread, it has been super informative.

I'm a little over 2 months after my last harvest and I've achieved the highest quality I've ever grown. My friends and co-smokers all agree so it's not just my wishful thinking. Well, I'm waaay too self-critical for that anyway. This weed would be gone in a day if I were selling any.

I have the weed that I want, that everybody wants, of the highest quality. But I didn't really follow any of the common instructions. I did jar it up and pay attention to RH.

Fan leaves taken off, it was left hanging in a room at 50-60% RH for 15-17 days. The sugar leaves were perfectly crispy and snapping off, stems snapped. Buds snapped. The buds smoked delicious. The main stems never snap in my RH. I have a 4 month old main stem right here next to me that still does not snap. It bends and cracks at 90 degrees. I put the buds in jars with a hygrometer and never burped them. The hygrometer read 51% a month ago and still does today.
When I want to smoke weed I take something out of the jar and smoke it. I just opened a jar that was closed for 6 weeks since I put those buds in there and it's perfect. It smells as violent as it ever did. It crumbles well and is not emaciated or dried out or whatever. It's dense, sticky and smelly, resinous. It's everything I want and more.

The other batch was more moist in the jar. When I aired it out and dropped it to 51% it got DRY, as people have said. Dusty, too dry (but it improved the smoke for me). Now this batch has been at 51% since forever and it is COMPLETELY different. Smoke-dry but dank, it's just perfect. The other stuff almost turns to powders when you squeeze it, these are hard dense nugs. So I guess one RH% can have not just slightly different results but radically different.

What really matters of course is the moisture content IN the bud. And thats what most of us cannot measure because I think it costs a fortune to do that. Yes, weed is like a sponge and it works interestingly with the relative humidity... but it's not the be all end all.

Guess I'm saying what has already been said some time, and what most of you guys have learned already. Such as not to jar it too wet. I've had good results and bad results before but always wondered about the whyness of it and there is very interesting discussion here.

Here at this time mark is something you guys will probably enjoy listening to. A phd in plant science who works with cannabis talking about curing.

https://youtu.be/xC7t4htH_ZE?t=3353
SuperBadGrower is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:16 PM #2643
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Thanks, Good stuff!

After all these years drying to a 'crack,' I'm finding the same you are. It's looking like the best way is to keep it closed up with gentle air flow, while keeping the RH at the point you want to jar at. 2 weeks is about right, depending on temp.

I'm looking to build a small humidistat/fan combo for a drying box. Only kicks on to add lower RH air if the RH goes above 62%, then slowly down to 55% (my favorite for most stuff in a jar).
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:10 PM #2644
Jellyfish
Invertebrata Inebriata

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBadGrower View Post
It smells as violent as it ever did.

Quote of the day!

"You have no fucking idea what you speak of."- Wendull C.
"Put me on ignore."- Wendull C.
Jellyfish is online now Quote