What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magnificat's Legal Grow Journal and Chill Zone

Magnificat

image_476072.jpg
image_476073.jpg
Hi All, welcome to this grow thread. As for my background, I have some experience growing in hydro in standalone 5 gallon bubble buckets as well as building a recirc system which I used for a while. Once our state went legal, I flipped to soil and have been running soil these past 2 years since we went legal before starting the posts here.

Electronics: 2 x 600 watt Metal Halide/HPS
Soil: Ocean Forest in 5 gallons.
Nutes: GH nutes full line with additives std line, not the organic. I follow the nute schedule for flora series expert recirculating and i get outstanding results.. Almost the same quality and potency as my hydro.

My nephew who runs the same strains as i do ran the fox farm line and was very disappointed with his results after using it for 2-3 grows and now runs my mixes... i will post them up in another post. this is just to get things going.. It's early, so pull up a chair and kick back with a few bowls... it could take us to the end of this year for the final results... (last run.. 15Z off 7 plants)..

The seeds are from a previous order from herbies as the USPS lost my last envelope 2 days after dropping it off at the Post office... So i am running some older seeds and will buy via bitcoin in the future and over time slowly get my 432 dollars back from the PO... :(

Here is my current batch.. some of these seeds are personal crosses i made using a 501st OG male...

critical kush (barneys)
cheesedog haze (coinneisur genetics)
desconocido kush (freebee herbies)
blue cheese (barneys)
holy grail kush (DNA)
euphoria (royal queen)

my crosses
casey jones rainbow haze x 501st OG male
zombie kush x x 501st OG male
criminal+ x x 501st OG male

they are 10 days after transplant from cups and 6packs. I still have to cull possible
males in my own crosses otherwise i might have gone straight into 5 gals... Hopefully most
show sex in the next week or so, otherwise i will have to transplant all 12. :) :tiphat:

-m

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_476823.jpg
image_476822.jpg
image_476821.jpg
The girls are doing fine. here are some pics from the weekend... I am giving them another feeding, mild again.... 120ppms

-m

Last edited:

Magnificat

Alien OG
image_477159.jpg
Everything is going smooth. I gave them another feeding of about 120 ppms of my week 2 mix and I will be transplanting many of these into 5 gallon bags tomorrow.. here are some pics from tonight...

if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.. i know its early and the fun doesn't really happen until the last 3 weeks of flower but we will get there and celebrate the holidays at the same time...

Last edited:

BC32

Looks like all is running well and smooth. All the plants look healthy and happy and you got some nice strains to play with. Interested in how they all turn out, too.
How long you planning on vegging them?

Magnificat

image_478321.jpg
image_478320.jpg
Hi all, hope you didn't think i was leaving this thread alone. Just been busy but i took pictures of the transplant into 5 gallons... I also found 2 more males and had to swap those out... I will get new pics up very soon.

Here was transplant day... This was on the 17th... And they vegged for 11 days since...

Last edited:

Magnificat

So i plan to flower these starting on friday as they are getting pretty big. I tried tying down but they bounced up every day i did it, so i am leaving them alone. I found 2 males in the pictures shown above.

The Holy Grail Kush was one of my crosses i made with 501st OG and was a male, and its stem right now is about 3/8" thick. I will probably kill that male and use the original 501st OG pollen to hit the critical kush, cheesedog and blue cheese with to make some more seeds.

meanwhile I have 7 normal females and 1 more runty euphoria. I only got 1 seed out of an entire pack of those to pop so interesting to see what they are like.

critical kush
blue cheese
cheesedog haze
casey jones rainbow haze x 501st OG male
criminal+ x 501st OG male #1
criminal+ x 501st OG male #2
zombie kush x 501st OG male
euphoria

as i said, i will flip on friday.. i swapped out the MH bulbs with my HPS bulbs and will run that 24/7 until friday and go 12/12....

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
kicking ass

kicking ass

Those plants are doing very well bro! It looks like they doubled in growth in 14 days. I hope you don't mind me asking, are you using acid to lower the pH, or just base nute? Also are you adding cal-mag to your water?

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_549512.jpg
image_478483.jpg
The Ph question is a very good question. A lot of people do not know that bottled water varies in Ph and most bottled water is actually not very healthy for you.

For instance, last years Poland Spring 1 gallon bottles i used all last year came in at a Ph of 6.4 already good for soil.

Acadia water comes in at a healthy 7.0-7.2 and has a lot of buffers in it.. Adding down lowers it but it bounces back.

Poland Springs has addressed this issue and now their 1gallon jugs come in at around 7.2-7.3. So i add 3 drops of Ph down acid to get them down to around 6.4. I hate adding anything to my waters cause i used to run hydro years ago and i stepped on a bottle of Ph UP the stronger base and it sprayed all over my legs and on a carpet which had to be pulled and ever since then i like to avoid all Ph up/Ph down if possible. Unfort. now i have to run 3 drops per bottle again.

As for the Cal-Mag, I only used a few drops per gallon in the first mix but none after that. It contains mostly nitrogen so shouldn't really be used in flower. I think its 2-0-0 on the bottle.

As for my nute schedule.. its the GH expert recirc schedule. And i just quantized it for spoons. The size of spoon doesn't matter and when i make up the mixes in a gallon jug I will sometimes go 2X or 3X whatever the spoon amounts call for...

EDIT: I updated the diagram with some modifications made later on..

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_479089.jpg
Here they are at day 9 of flower. Nothing crazy going on, I prepared a week 5 mix which consists of 3-4-1-2-2-1-.4 :) See the schedule I posted above. I need to get more jugs of water tomorrow morning and will start feeding these. I plan to give them around 220-240 ppms.

Yea, I know I run things very low.. If things work out I plan to send a sample of the critical kush into a local lab for testing. We shall see what we shall see. :)

Here is a picture with HPS on...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_479740.jpg
IMG 7005
Man these girls stretched like crazy. Probably about 2x their size and are now about 5.5 feet tall! They are now on day 15 of flower and all have nice formations going. The stretch has all about stopped finally, and i have another 8-10 inches of height left to move the lights upward.

I just gave them week 5 mix at 2-3 notches on my meter which is approx. 280-300 ppms. Almost no tip burn showing so they can probably go higher and will hit them with 3 notches on meter on next feeding. Slowing rising in PPMs until about 2 weeks before harvest where i start dialing it back.

first pic is from December 8, the second from yesterday...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_480172.jpg
image_480171.jpg
I run standard 12/12 right now and during veg i go full 24/7 lights on.

I have 1 more feeding on 1-2 of them to do and will them transition to week 6 mix and then soon after switch to week 7 mix for the subsequent 2 weeks...

I can see my crosses are far too stretchy but i didn't really select anything special to cross them. So i think i will use the Barneys critical kush as a guide. I have grown them out a couple times now and is some seriously strong smoke. I harvested approx. 2.5z per plant.

Here she is in this picture from last night....(20 days since flip).

I plan to put together a new order for seeds in the next couple days and will post up the list once the order is completed...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_480390.jpg
image_480391.jpg
Man these things grow so fast. I shifted around a few plants due to height, so the tallest is sitting between lamps which helps with heat she was getting right under the light at about 8".

I am still feeding them their last feeding of Mix Week 6 from my schedule at 3-4 notches now, approx 400 ppms. Feeding every third watering approximately now and they are getting 4 cups of water each watering.

here is the critical kush at 22 DAYS. Looking fine and the others are about the same stage. The criminal+ x 501 i made smells awesome and is catching up if not surpassing the critical in density of the main head but doesn't have the full cola look of the critical.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_480502.jpg
image_480503.jpg
We are on day 28 and i started on the next feeding mix, Week7 according to my schedule. I am using 3-4 notches on the meter which should be around 500 ppms. Still plan to feed every 3rd watering, so water, water feed, water water feed, increasing by half notch on my meter on almost every feeding now until we push 700-800 ppms.

here is the critical kush and the criminal+ x 501 next to her. And the critical kush with my hand holding the upper stem for reference. She has 5 more weeks to go.

Last edited:

Magnificat

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I have to admit this round they are looking extremely healthy and lush. There are no burnt or discolored leaves, most are shiny green still and all sticking upwards.

I think and many might not agree that pushing a plant as hard as it can go with excessive PPMs does not necessarily result in the best plant. yes, there is a chance you may maximize yields but what about the quality of the herb itself?

I have never smoked herb that i bought from others, or from other growers or ever from dispensaries that was on the same level as stuff i grew myself. Lower PPMs equates to healthier plants, higher THC levels and overall stronger herb. But I am certainly willing to have a bigger discussion on this or even see comparison grows.

Also, I plan to send a sample in of the critical kush i am currently growing and will have it fully analyzed and we shall see. I expect 20%+ THC as the critical kush was some of the strongest stuff I have smoked in many years. (At least since i was growing out a lot of sour diesels and triple diesels. Those things are super powerful, just smell and taste a little off if you are not used to pungent foul smelling stuff).

Anyway, Happy holidays, and keep checking in for new updates. We are about 5 weeks from finishing.

Magnificat

image_480866.jpg
image_480865.jpg
No major changes going on. I plan to push teh frequency of feeding to every other watering until about 2 weeks till flower when I will dial things back but we have to wait and see.

here are pictures from 1-2 days ago.. New pictures to come...

Here is the Criminal+ x 501 cross I made and the critical kush from barneys farm.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_481191.jpg
image_481190.jpg
image_481189.jpg
Hi All, we are now finishing up week 5 and so we have 4 more weeks left. normally I cut around 9 weeks, except i know the cheesedog last time took a good 10+ weeks to finish properly.

They are looking fine and I am still giving them week 7 mix according to the posted schedule on page 1. I am now giving them a feeding every other watering and getting 4 cups of water each watering.

here is the full room, the critical kush and criminal+ x 501 cross. Yea, they are quite tall, HUGE plants... But i stlil expect about 2+ ounces from each of the main 6 and about 1.25 on the blue cheese. The euphoria i am killing it off, it is NOT really producing much of anything and I will smoke it up...

New updates in a few days...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_481828.jpg
image_481827.jpg
I am only 3 weeks out now from chopping, so tomorrow ill snap some new pics. I am feeding them about 650 ppms, and going back to feeding on the third watering again. As the concentration inreases i can see they don't need extra. The cheesedog got 1 more feeding of the old mix as I know she will go 1 extra week at least.

These pictures are from 2 night ago.. I will try and get some normal colored photos up tomorrow. The critical kush has bulbous calyxes...

Last edited: