What's new

Maybe MJ decrim in New Hampshire!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://nhpr.org/post/marijuana-decriminalization-heads-back-state-senate

Advocates of decriminalizing marijuana say they're hopeful lawmakers will finally send a bill to the governor this year.

The New Hampshire House approved a measure last week that would remove criminal penalties for possessing a half an ounce of marijuana or less.

The bill now goes to the State Senate, where proponents, such as Matt Simon of the Marijuana Policy Project, say they're hoping to build on the support it received last year.
"It looked like something was going to pass, but it actually got tabled the last day of the session, and died on the table," Simon says. "The House is essentially giving them a do-over, by sending this bill back over and seeing if the Senate can work something out this year."
Even if the Senate approves the proposal, it would need the support of Governor Maggie Hassan, who threatened to veto last year's bill.
New Hampshire is the only state in New England where possession of any amount of marijuana remains a criminal offense.

Now we're talking! Have friends/customers there...would be another 'small step for mankind". ;o)

radioman

Finally...I hope it passes...NH is the only non-decrim state in New England. Yet it is no sales tax, no motorcycle helmets, no bottle deposit, legal fireworks and no state income tax... I always enjoy visiting there...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With NH passing decrim, it would show other states to follow the trend. We can only hope....

FireIn.TheSky

Decrim is the way to go, legalization is horse shit, with the amount of taxes they impose on legal weed it might as well still be illegal.

Legalization is their way of punishing you with taxes for your choice to use herb. They don't want you to have it but they will give you permission if they can fine the hell out of you in the form of taxation.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/new-hampshire/articles/2017-06-01/pot-decriminalization-bill-heads-to-new-hampshire-governor

Step in the right direction here. Nice to hear the Governor will sign it. Was getting a little weird being sandwiched between two legal states and I could still get arrested for any amount! "New Hampshire: Live Free(ish) until you die." It still amazes me how many people in this state blame the opioid epidemic here on access to MJ. I never hear them talk about prescription abuse or kids stealing family members meds. The few people I personally know that died as a result of opiate od got to where they were via prescribed pain meds after serious accidents/surgeries. After my surgery I chose MJ over my prescription... Just my opinion.... Stop trying to equate the opioid crisis on weed.
Thank you NH for taking a step out of the MJ dark ages.

P.P.