What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

s60 and mataro blue

headseed

Looking good skotty! Keep it up.

I have a vested interest in this, I have a male sour 60 in a closet under two cfls and two more (ones a girl, hoping for two) under a 400 hps. Male looks nice and vigorous and slight odor from light rub on stem. Hoping for at least one nice female pheno so I can pollinate some lower sites.

:rasta:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
cheers for the input :)

cant believe how quick these are growing, ive still got the dreaded sexing of the sour 60 yet arghhhh (the joys of growing regs)

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
very nice lookin plants skotty, also me i use formulex for the beginning and transplant event , is a very great product that help so good the baby root to expand and they help also if plants suffer from transplant or any other ...great work and super good start, i'll be watching with a chair !!!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 13

almost certain that the sour 60 is male, had to happen sooner or later, i was amazed at how quickly it grew in just 13 days , i think mdanzig should produce female seeds so it takes the hassle out of finding males ;)

mataro blue is 10 days old and coming on great no complaints with her and she has a proper cannabis smell aready looking forward to seeing her in the coming weeks and shes still got plenty of growing time left before she sexes ;)

sour 60

picture.php

mataro blue

picture.php

group

picture.php

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
they look super healthy man...too bad about the possible male, I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya though.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
they look super healthy man...too bad about the possible male, I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya though.

thanks for the good vibes man but some times thats the way the cookie crumbles with reg seeds

the plants are in deed very healthy and things seem to grow so much better when you have everything dialled in properly

ive put down another s60 bean so i can have another go while i wait for the mataro blue to sex :)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
picture update

sour 60 - day 14 from seed

mataro blue - day 11 from seed

mataro blue .....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

sour 60

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
#

picture.php

picture.php

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is your S60 a confirmed male, or are you just suspicious it's a he?

Sometimes they can trick you :)

Looking good though dude

mitch

blueschato

Veteran
Hey skotty i'm very interested,i'm growing now 2 gnomo(Kannabia),is very important to me to know if this autos are really autos cause i want to grow outdoor this year.Now they are at day '15 under some cfls,i'll notice you if mine are really autos.
I think I did not see mention of lights in your thread,what kind of bulb do you uuse?
Happy grow man!:wave:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
im not 100% sure on the sour 60 being male but the rate of growth is probably the fastest ive ever seen and is massive for its age also the smell is very strong, there is a lot of indica in this pheno that im currently growing :)

blue mataro's breeders do have a thing with autos not going into flower as i recentley found out with la blanca which was meant to auto flower but vegged for 10 weeks instead however i have seen some 1 on here grow out the mataro blue with stunning results and i hope i can better that ;)

my light is a 345 watt penetrator and will be used from seedling till the end of the grow

cheers for dropping in peeps

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
La Blanca

La Blanca

im not 100% sure on the sour 60 being male but the rate of growth is probably the fastest ive ever seen and is massive for its age also the smell is very strong, there is a lot of indica in this pheno that im currently growing :)

blue mataro's breeders do have a thing with autos not going into flower as i recentley found out with la blanca which was meant to auto flower but vegged for 10 weeks instead however i have seen some 1 on here grow out the mataro blue with stunning results and i hope i can better that ;)

my light is a 345 watt penetrator and will be used from seedling till the end of the grow

cheers for dropping in peeps

As far as I know the Kannabia La Blanca is NOT an AF variety. It is bred from non AFs and is not listed as an AF. Im not sure if there is another strain with the same name, but the one I got as a freebie from Attitude is a normal cannabis strain. Its growing well, and is a small bushy plant that would be great for indoor growing.

They do have an auto version of that seed listed on their website. Its confusing of them to call La Blanca and La Blanca Auto the same thing. Perhaps this is where the confusion lies!?! Where's you get the seed for La Blanca Skotty?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
the la blanca strain was given out as a freebie in an autoflower promotion alongside cali haze and mataro blue all seeds were listed as autoflowering

i even went to the seed breeders website who also have both la blanca regular and autoflowering variety ontop of this i also emailed the breeders when my grow was taking progress and they assured me the plant was an automatic, alot of this info can be found in my orginal thread if you clink the AUTOMATIC GROW OFF link in my signature

your right about la blanca being a lovely plant but being vegged in hydro for 10 weeks is not a good idea lmfao

here is a pic of la blanca which was supposed to be an auto, it could be that the seeds did get mixed up and i was sent a regular instead of an auto because i had problems with the cali haze also which turned out to be male but they are listed as females, either way "stitch" sent me out some free cali haze seeds as a will of good gesture (sterling bloke)

picture.php

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 16

im still not 100% certain on the sex of the sour 60 im finding it really difficult to determine male or female but im hoping to have a positive id over the next 24 hours, the sour 60 has had a fresh res change and is now on vita link max nutes at .7 ec ph 5.8 so far so good

mataro blue is 13 days old today im gonna switch her over to canna nutes either today or tomoz both plants are looking extremely healthy and the growth rate is kerazy :)

mataro blue 13 day old

picture.php

picture.php

sour 60 16 days old

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 18

well it turns out my sour 60 is female after all so that makes it 5 out of 5 for the ladies and 100% germination rate so far

the mataro blue...

im sitting on the fence about her as i recently went onto the breeders website and they have updated their info on their auto strains which didnt make for good reading

in order for the seeds to be automatic you have to grow them on 14 hours of light or less and if they havent sexed by week 8 then you should starve them or put them in complete darkness for 24-36 hours to trigger them off

not really a true auto in any sense of the word but it does state that they have been crossed with ruderalis or this may just be a phrase used to sell more seeds, either way she is growing so we will see what happens in the coming weeks but me personally can see a repeat of my la blanca taking place with this 1

she is currently on canna aqua .8 ec and ph 5.8 and 15 days old

the sour 60 has had some leaf tucking so her potenial bud sites can get some light and my panel has been lowered to 22"

pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking very well in here mate :)

Bad news on the Mataro.. Doesn't sound like a TRUE AF at all, you don't want a la blanca situation on your hands again...

I had a feeling that S60 would be female, can't wait to see what she will do in 'dro

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
If that sour60 stays on the same path, your going to have a record breaker i bet! Keep up the good work bud

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
cheers for the input its still very early days

ive been thinking about the mataro blue and if the worse comes to the worse what i can do to make her flower except switching 12/12

i know this may sound stupid but is it true that if you cover a branch with a dark bag will this trigger her into flowering mode???

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have no idea about that trick mate,
Do they say she will flower on 14 hours or that given just 14 hours will trigger her?

You could veg her to the point where she wouldn't be too big, then flip to 12/12

At least you know they would both finish out on that schedule.
What you lose on the S60 yield you would gain on the MB?

I have a few Pinkbud that I didn't have room for in my tent that have been in a seperate space on 10/14 and they are still flowering up a treat.

Latest posts

Latest posts