What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

20/4's Perpetual Multi-Strain Grow

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
easy

i wasnt gonna say anything in my last post, cause i didnt wanna jinx your grow, but the power cut you had would of fuked your light cycle up and in return turned your plants hemie.

im not saying the change in light duration made this happen it might well of been carrying the hermie trait , but im 80% sure thats what caused it

i hope the rest of your plants stay healthy go onto to produce for you ;)

good luck

peace

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Ive seen more people than just me have the same problem with hermies. I knew when my power went off it was gonna make some risk and i might have some hermys. BUT i have a friend that is also growing sour60 right now AND HE GOT A HERMY with no power outages or crazy conditions. Power went out on my onyx once before also, and none of those hermied. I have a feeling some way or another sour60 has hermy in the genes. Not 100% as im not the breeder of sour60 or breeder of any of the strains that make it up. But like i said i know mdanzig put TONs o0f time into this strain so i really hope its not genetic make up.... We will see what comes next! But check out uptosumpms grow, he got a bunch of hermis from sour60 also, and he was doing other plants too. Ive seen this happen in other communitys also..

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3566786&postcount=103

Hopefully no more transsexual plants enter my cab! This male is now compeltly shreadded...

Cheers 20/4

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i can only go off your grow jouranl mate as im following it closely ;)

as soon as you said you had a power outage it set alarm bells ringing my end about hermies but thats cause im catuious grower,

the sour 60 might be sensitive to a few things and the slightest stress may well trigger them off, but then again it might be a batch of seeds that are carrying the hemie trait

if im being honest i would say that your light cycle misshap triggered this and i would check the rest of your plants closely

although its normally the other way round females turning hermie and not males truning into females weird but you learn something new everyday

good luck

peace

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
i can only go off your grow jouranl mate as im following it closely ;)

as soon as you said you had a power outage it set alarm bells ringing my end about hermies but thats cause im catuious grower,

the sour 60 might be sensitive to a few things and the slightest stress may well trigger them off, but then again it might be a batch of seeds that are carrying the hemie trait

if im being honest i would say that your light cycle misshap triggered this and i would check the rest of your plants closely

although its normally the other way round females turning hermie and not males truning into females weird but you learn something new everyday

good luck

peace

Well good news, i germed my last 4 s60 beans few days ago, they are in soil and one is already poking through. Hopefully the power will stay good for a month or so so they will no be stressed at all. I believe i do remember reading somewhere that mdanzig did say sour60 was a bit sensitive to somethings...So you may be right about the no light.. But as i said i have 4 more started so we shall see if i get an herms from those. Now im hopin for a sour60 male so i can make some sour60 beans, if all else fails i will have to settle with Sour60XOnyx Cross:jump:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
at least your being positive about it :good:

what is it with you and power outages anyway are you running your power source off a diesle generator or something and you keep forgetting to buy more diesel ??

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
at least your being positive about it :good:

what is it with you and power outages anyway are you running your power source off a diesle generator or something and you keep forgetting to buy more diesel ??

No no, no diesel for me, not rly sure whats up with the power outages, bad luck i guess... but you always gotta stay positive!:dance013:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Onyx Day 54, Sour60 Day 24

Onyx Day 54, Sour60 Day 24

Hello everyone:tiphat: Ill start off with some good news, i now have 2 confirmed sour60 females, still 3 unsexed... I have popped 4 more sour60 and they are just starting to break soil, i dont think i will have a male from the ones that are about to sex, and even if i do, oh well more plants!
watchplant.gif
watchplant.gif
I switched my cab around a lil bit, the intake fan was a bit much for the little ones to handle. I have the onyx rotated to the most under developed side of both plants, as to even out some of the colas...The faster maturing onyx is now in the front and the slower one is in the back...You can tell the obvious differences (red Vs white hairs on both plants..) Cant wait for the sour60 to take off!... Now on to the real reason you are here...PICTURES!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Closeup of internal onyx budz...MMMMmmmmm Trrrrichs
picture.php

Current sour60s and newly sprouted sour60s...Prayin for 0 herms
picture.php

picture.php

First and Currently Biggest sour60 female!:jump:
picture.php

20/4:tiphat:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
the onyx looks like its still got way to go , i wouldnt chop to early as they can swell up towards the end ;)

what do you think to the smell coming from them?? ha ha

peace

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
the onyx looks like its still got way to go , i wouldnt chop to early as they can swell up towards the end ;)

what do you think to the smell coming from them?? ha ha

peace

I belive the faster maturing One is gonna be done around 70 days i have a feeling, the other maybe day 80 or so, Im gonna get a scope to make 100%. Im looking for a heady high so i will be harvesting a tad bit early. Maybe 10% amber trichs...

The smell is very diesely from what my nose is telling me..

:wave:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
mate have you though about adding mollases???

Ive thought about it yes, but never have used it...What exactly does it do, i could research it but would be faster if i just asked you lol...

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i used carbo load which is mollasses in my last grow in hydro and the soil guys swear by it

the stuff you want for soil is blackstrap treacle just mix it in with your water when you feed your plants

basically it can have 2 effects it can make your buds swell or it can improve the taste

i used it in my blue cheese grow and after just 2 days the smell intensified 10x it bought out the blueberry smell in my plants and the end smoke was as smooth as you want it to be :)

if using it i would recommened giving your plants a thorough flushing as some people say that it can make your bud burn a bit funny , i never experienced this with my harvest and will be deffo putting it my res this time round ;)

peace

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Thanks for the info skotty!:tiphat: I belive i will be picking up some mollasses very soon from the store, which kinds should i watch out for? I read somewhere sulpherated ones are bad?!

anonamix

Lookin real good man.

Ive had some luck with black strap molasses. On some nute hungry plants even early in veg. Stuff was reeeaaal cheap too, and a little bird told me its mostly whats found in some high priced feed

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Lookin real good man.

Ive had some luck with black strap molasses. On some nute hungry plants even early in veg. Stuff was reeeaaal cheap too, and a little bird told me its mostly whats found in some high priced feed

I picked some up and started feeding my girls 1 days ago, ill give her a week before i will judge if i notice any difference smell wise....Thanks for the kind words everyone! Update coming tommorow!:tiphat:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Hey everyone:tiphat:, sorry it took me so long to post an update..Since last update, ive done a lot of research on molasses, and a friend:thank you: reccommended a use it the last few weeks of flowering so this is what i have been using... According to Jorge Cervantes, a test was done using molasses and buds were up to 20% thicker and had a sweeter smell and taste compared to buds that were just flushed... Many people in the growing world across many different forums use molasses so i thought id give it a try, shit its only 3 bucks for what i got..
picture.php

Anyways on to the bud pictures!:jump:
Cabshots
picture.php

picture.php

Faster Maturing onyx, i think she will be coming down in 5-10 days, depends on how im feeling and if i need the room...She has started to put a nice fade on her starting at the bottom so she is telling me her time is near:jump: Im gonna trim her up in a few days and leave her under the light for couple more then chop. Sorry dont have many good pictures of the slower onyx, ive noticed the slower one has more dense colas where as the faster maturing onyx has foxtail like buds, which i really like the look of...

picture.php

picture.php

Check out the fade going on.... No more super dark green leaves, shes using up the nitrogen!
picture.php

Onyx side bud
picture.php

Double pots, only used 1.5 gallons of soil for my Sour60, BUT the pots are almost 20 inches tall, which is taller than my 3 gallon pots, so we will see if the Autos really do benefit from more root depth, got the idea from BOG

picture.php

Sour60s, there are 5 females so far, trying some LST on 2 of them this time around see if i can pull better yields and more similar sized colas...

picture.php
picture.php

LST..Her main stem is almost on the ground! Shes a champ:dancer:
picture.php

New sour60 sprouts
picture.php

picture.php

20/4:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts