What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto BlueBerry feminized under 400 HPS

nealcook420

My auto BlueBerry is 31 days old today, I pollinated it with Diesel Ryder hermi so I will get feminized seeds. I am using 1/2 strength Fox Farms Trio and the plants are loving it. I have 2 Auto Himalayan Blue Diesel in a DWC system under the sun system 150 watt HPS mini system.
Pics of the Auto BB:

Attachments

• 100_0592.jpg
    100_0592.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_0588.jpg
    100_0588.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_0598.jpg
    100_0598.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_0609.jpg
    100_0609.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 17

nealcook420

No but I read about it in a book by Mal Frank and Soma also speaks of using this method and ways to produce hermaphrodites. Quote "Creating feminized marijuana seeds is an art, there are a few different methods of application. I have written about some of my different methods of making cannabis seeds in previous HIGH TIMES articles. I have use gibberellic acid, light stress, ph stress, and fertilizer stress to force my plants to make marijuana seeds. All these methods are harsh on the plants, and some like the gibbrellic acid, are not organic. In my search for cleaner more earth-friendly ways of working with the cannabis plant, I have found a new way to make feminized cannabis seeds.

Feminized seeds occur as a result of stress, other than genetics. All cannabis plants can and will make male flowers under stress. Certain strains like a higher PH, some like a lower one. Some like a lot of food, some like a lot less. There is quite a lot of variety in marijuana genetics, and you can’t treat every plant the same way.

It takes many harvests before you really get to know a particular strain. Just like getting to know human friends, it takes time. I have grown strains for a decade and am truly getting to know every nuance the different plants exhibit. I can recognize them from a distance. I must say that I get a lot of help from my friends, both in making marijuana seeds and learning new and better ways of working with this sacred plant.

I named this new method “Rodelization” after a friend who helped me realize and make use of this way of creating female cannabis seeds. After growing crop after crop of the same plant in the same conditions, I noticed that if I flowered the plants 10-14 days longer than usual, they would develop male “bananas”. A male banana is a very slight male flower on a female marijuana plant that is formed because of stress. Usually they do not let out any pollen early enough to make marijuana seeds, but they sometimes do. They are a built in safety factor so in case of sever conditions, the plant can make sure that the species is furthered.

To me a male banana is quite a beautiful thing. It has the potential of making all female pot seeds. Many growers out there have male banana phobia. They see one and have heart palpitations, they want to cut down the entire crop or at least take tweezers and pluck the little yellow emerging devices out. I call them “Emergency Devices” because they emerge at times of stress.

In the Rodelization method, the male banana is very valuable. After growing your female plant 10-14 days longer than usual, hang them up to dry, then carefully take them off the drying lines and inspect for bananas. Each and every banana should be removed and placed in a small bag labeled very accurately. These sealed bags can be placed in the fridge for one to two months and still remain potent.

For the second phase you need to already have a crop that’s already 2 ½ weeks into flowering. Take your sealed bag of pollen out of the fridge, and proceed to impregnate your new crop of females. To do this, you must first match the female plant and the pollen from the same strain in the previous crop. Shut down all the fans in the grow room. Then take a very fine paint brush, dip it in the bag of pollen, and paint it on the female flower. Do this to each different strain you have growing together. I have done it with ten different kinds in the same room with great success.

I use the lower flowers to make weed seeds, leaving the top colas seedless for smoking. This method takes time(two crops), but is completely organic and lets you have great quality smoke at the same time you make your female cannabis seeds. If you’re one of those growers that has never grown marijuana seeds for fear of not having something good to smoke, you will love this method.

You can also use this pollen to make new female crosses by cross pollinating. The older females with the bananas can be brought into the room with the younger, un-pollinated females when they are three weeks into flowering. Turn all of the circulation fans on high, and the little bits of pollen will proceed to make it around the room. Do this for several days. Six to seven weeks later you will have ripe 100% female seeds; not nearly as many as a male plant would make, but enough to start over somewhere else with the same genetics.

As a farmer who has been forced to move his genetics far away from where they started, I know very well the value of seeds. My friend Adam from THSeeds in Amsterdam has a motto that I love to borrow these days: “Drop seeds not bombs”.

credit to: Soma

I know this is long as hell but I figured it would help someone out there.

nealcook420

Thanks guys, I am also trying this method with Pure Afghani that are flowering outdoors at not even 3 months old. I got them as freebies and now I am in love with the strain, I have the hermi pollen in the fridge waiting for the female to fill out a little more.

Attachments

• 100_0639.jpg
    100_0639.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_0641.jpg
    100_0641.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 11

SunTzu

Nealcook- Hey man that is an awesome article, thanks so much for spending the time to type it up. It was definitely helpful....by NO Means was I trying to be a dick when I asked. I reread my post " have you tried this method before? i will be excited to watch this grow " and it may have come across smart ass. It wasn't, I am actually very interested in this thread! Exciting shit playing with genetics!!!!!

nealcook420

I knew you werent being a dick, I expect people to ask questions. I always want to prove my claims, I am noticing the hairs receding back so I think the pollen took.

nealcook420

Here are a few pics of the Pure Afghani female, she is 28 1/2" tall and the fox farms trio is working great. Also have A look at my LSTed plants, a bag-seed plant, a Skunk #1, & Short Rider.
PICS:

Attachments

• plants 017.jpg
    plants 017.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 15
  • plants 015.jpg
    plants 015.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 19
  • plants 013.jpg
    plants 013.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 20
  • plants 001.jpg
    plants 001.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 16

nealcook420

They were going on week 4 or 5 I can't remember exact age but i know its within the time stated. Thanks for your interest in my thread, hopefully we will get more visitors.lol
I just placed an order with The Single Seed Centre. I ordered 1x Mi5 fem and 1x Blue Himalayan fem it comes with 3 free DNA genetics seeds of different strains, Sharks Breath, Sour Cream & RockLock all feminized with every order. I didn't know about the free seeds offer until after I purchased the auto seeds, I'll put the free regular/photo-sensitive seeds under 150 watt HPS on 20/4 for 2 months then 12/12 to finish some good reg-bud.

dargo

Im in the process of trying the above method, I left a hbd over time and shes just started putting out single bananas for my fem bean seed run

sorry picture isnt great

picture.php

nealcook420

Nice pic, The pistils are receding more and more on the branches that I pollinated. Here's an update for the Auto BlueBerry and a pic of my grow area setup.
PICS:

Attachments

• Plants 047.jpg
    Plants 047.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Plants 045.jpg
    Plants 045.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Plants 029.jpg
    Plants 029.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Plants 027.jpg
    Plants 027.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 14

talktosamson

Veteran
I will be watching this grow very carefully, I want to run these auto blueberry but want to make sure the yield/smoke is worth it. There are lots on my list ahead of it now, hopefully your grow will help it jump up the list.

nealcook420

The calyx(I think that's what their called)are swelling with seed!!!
I cant wait to grow out some Auto BlueBerry x Diesel Ryder, I only had one male DR and it was small so I hope the genetics aren't shit. The 2 Himalayan Blue Diesel that are in the DWC system are showing their heads also. Hope I can keep the Ph level around 5.8-6.2 and I am also starting out at a little over 1/4th strength nutes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments

• Plants 035.jpg
    Plants 035.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Plants 024.jpg
    Plants 024.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 13

nealcook420

I took an early clone from my female skunk and took another from the very bottom its small but its living.
PICS:

Attachments

• clones 005.jpg
    clones 005.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 13
  • clones 003.jpg
    clones 003.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 15
  • clones 004.jpg
    clones 004.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 14

nealcook420

How does the Auto BlueBerry look? I am up to 1/2 stength nutes now, the plants look to be fine. One of the Himalayan Blue Diesel in the DWC sprouted and the other is ready to sprout also. How much water do I need in a DWC system? Is it just enough to let the roots touch?
PICS:

Attachments

• plants 003.jpg
    plants 003.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 14
  • plants 024.jpg
    plants 024.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 14
  • plants 013.jpg
    plants 013.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 20
  • plants 005.jpg
    plants 005.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 18

nealcook420

here is an update for pure Afghani female, the little plant is GHS co. Cheese...
PICS:

Attachments

• plants 001.jpg
    plants 001.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 11
  • plants 004.jpg
    plants 004.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 16
  • plants 011.jpg
    plants 011.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 14