What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MDZ Blue Streak/Sour 60 and the Chamber of secrets

H

hisser

yeah that's what I was thinking about! or maybe I can make a bigger screen that covers the four bottles, I have to wait and see if there's no much difference in height between the 4 of them

H

hisser

Well, just in case they pass the fifth week without showing sex, you think I should switch off the lights for a couple of hours? maybe 18/6 or something?

H

hisser

Chamber Upgrade:

Hi, I've Added more lights and made the intake bigger.

Light configuration right now is as follows:

2x 125W "Tulip" shaped CFL 64K
1x 105W "Flower" shaped CFL 64K
4x 50W straight shaped CFL 27K

Total = 555W

Temperature 5CM/2" away from lights is 30C/86F during the day

Some pics:

dsc00218g.jpg

dsc00220gs.jpg

What do you think?!?!

darksoul2001ro

looks great of cours, those 50W cfl arent heating? i got a 24W warm light just like your 50W and it heats, the plastic 2, like... 60 C on it, and the neon is over 70 C , how are yours heating ?

H

hisser

@darksoul2001ro

After 5 seconds of holding the 50w bulbs u feel a slight tingling burn but after 10 seconds u get used to it as its nothing.

H

hisser

my bulb is hot, you dont get used to its hotness...maybe is damaged from fabrication :) but still works, keep up the good grow

They feel as I described cuz of the inner chamber fans, when I was installing them the fans were removed & I kinda touched one of the 50W by mistake and it was damn hot, tried touching it again to make sure & it was pretty hot, I only let like 5% of air from the side fans to hit the bulbs.

Cheers

H

hisser

:tiphat:

I've changed the light set up *AGAIN* its now 570W, Basically adding more 2700K to total, its now 325W of 2700K and 245W of 6400K. big thanks goes to ChynaRyder for the advice ;D
It's been a couple of days and I can see the progress already, check first post if you're interested.

Another weird thing I have other than the lamps is an unknown bagseed seedling, it took 2 weeks to germinate due to being directly preserved with silica gel for over a year, when it finally sprouted the cotydelons were *glued* together for days, I had to open them myself, then while it got bigger it started forming the leaves in a twisted way.

Couple of days old:

about 3 weeks old:

Hopefully Tomorrow I'll post detailed pics/info about the 5 weeks old blue streaks and 1 week old sour 60s.

Cheers. :smokeit:

H

hisser

Hi all :tiphat:, this is the day I've been waiting for :greenstars:, first of all a group hug picture:

week5all.jpg

Now the Sour 60 at Week 1:

s60w1.jpg

Blue Streak, Week 5:

Plant #1:

1w5side.jpg

1w5top.jpg

1w5closeupdenhi.jpg

1w5pistils.jpg

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

#2:

2w5side.jpg

2w5top.jpg

2w5pistils.jpg

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

#4:

4w5side.jpg

4w5top.jpg

4w5closeup.jpg

:watchplant:

Almost all new growth is very healthy, no signs of magnesium deficiency anymore... I'm thinking about spraying #1 with colloidal silver to convert it into a hermie, I'm thinking about doing that after a week.. good idea?

So what do you think?!

H

hisser

I'm gonna start spraying colloidal silver before the end of the week, hopefully it wont take more than 2 weeks for it to work, then I'll move BS #1 (I believe its a good candidate) to an "isolation chamber" and collect pollen, going with manual pollination will save me trouble from pollinating Sour 60's too early with the blue streak pollen, that will leave me about 4-5 weeks maybe for seeds to mature, I never did a seed run so if you think I can do it in a better way then please advice. :thank you: :tiphat:

H

hisser

Some change in plans, blue streaks will remain unfertilized, I'll do a seed run from the sour 60's and save some pollen, then i'll use it in the future with some blue streaks... but for now this is the best to do, here are some pics for today:

BS:
dsc07649s.jpg

dsc07648j.jpg

S60:
40396803.jpg

41817650.jpg

dsc07645fy.jpg

dsc07644.jpg

Cheers.

C

cork144

you have alot of bulbs in there but i feelyou have alot of wasted light,

the plants are looking awsome though, good stuff

H

hisser

yes that is true, 100W then :bump:

100W HPS is better than 570W CFL? I doubt it... I Dunno why you guys think the lights are bad, maybe its because of the pictures, I always shoot pictures at -0.75 exposure, if I shoot them at 0 EV we wouldn't be able to see a thing.