What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mi5 Grow Journal - Growing With CANNA

dargo

Day 12/13 I hope I start seeing tits on them soon.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And the runt.........
picture.php

dargo

I wish I had brought a pack of onyx to do a side by with these Mi5's. I was in 2 minds which to get, I could only find a little bit of info on the onyx, but pretty much fuck all on the Mi5, so i went with the least known to see what the crack is.

Not sure how stable it is, i noticed a few mong leaves so far. however they are only on day 12 and already smell 100x nicer then my auto white russians which have just started there last 2 weeks of life, not impressed with the auto white russian smell at all :(

dargo

its day 14 and i think they have all shown sex. its really frustrating cos i cant have a proper look cos the kids been off school allday cos of the snow. it looked like, and i really really hope im wrong, but it looked like 9 males & 1 girl! i know the biggest and best looking one is a girl but il still be devistated if the other 9 are males. i hope im wrong :(

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Seeds. Make them. That Is v unlucky. Choose your biggest most vibrant male. Usually poor m2f ratios are down to poor breeding. Will reserve judgement until more reports are up.

Bighill

That would be some bad luck for sure, narrows the breeding stock for one, and less bud to smoke at the end.

Hope you see some hairs on more than one.

BH

dargo

forget my last post. just got them all out and i got 100% 2 girls and 1 boy. il check back on the others later. i dropped a 125w cfl in its box about 5ft down and it landed on one pretty much skinning one side of the plant. photos to follow.......

Seedling

Thats better! Hopefully the rest will be girls as they usually show their tits later then the males. You might be in for a good ride with a a crowded grow room mate.
Good luck with everything, will be watching this one for sure.

i got the bush pheno too a male and a female and also a male and female of the critter phenotype, there pretty slow and have been for about 4 weeks, im just reaching week 5 and noticing alot more action, there now side branching and bursting new shoot and pistils in the thousands

peace

dargo

Sorry for shit photo quality.....

Got a few more confirmed females, still only 1 confirmed male (the one in the photos below) and possibly 1 other but I wont know untill I can check them properly tomorrow

Female.
picture.php

Male.
picture.php

picture.php

dargo

the only unknown is the runt which i think is male. i got the male and the runt seperatly under a 125 w flowering cfl along with the unknown normal strain which has 12\12 ligh dark. im going to cross it with the mi5 and when the girls are in full bloom il select one and do a mi5 seed run for the summer seed stock.

dargo

The girls are starting to grow balls!?! they seemed happy, growing very fast but today I noticed a half open nutsack on one of the girls, I took them all out to have a proper look and found bananas on 3 of the 8 girls and what looks like more coming out on 2 of the others(il have to check back on them later)

Il be devistated if I got a grow room full of hermies, is the anything anyone can reccomend. if there all hermies its going to complelety mess up my summer auto fun and kill me when I run out of my smoke stash in about 8 weeks! I feel like someones just walked upto me in the street and kicked me in the balls:(

Sorry the quality isnt great the lens on my phone is rubbish!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

they look like new branches growing to me like tiny sets of leaves ive noticed this on a few autos they seem to make new branches where they like at the node sites on your last picture the bit you have blownup next to it just to the left hand side there is a one which has grown a little more peace

dargo

Nice one :D

I forgot to say I fed them today (day 18), I mixed 1.5ml of canna terra vega per 1L of water, I fed them 250ml each. There should have been atleast another weeks worth of nutes in the soil mix but most of the girls have been asking for a feed since yesterday.

Mr.Meds

They don't quite look like hermies, yet...but I see your concern. If you have a shop near by then call them up and ask them if they have Dutchmaster Reverse. I have read up on it and people report that it works like a charm. I have a bottle but I haven't opened or used it yet. I hope their all girlies for you dargo :biggrin:

S

ShawnyBoy

Hey Dargo nice grow man!! Ive gotta get me some of those
square pots,prob fit a few more in my grow with those!!
Can I ask what the lineage is of the Mi5
Im aware that they are autos.Just curious how they
came to be
Cheers!!