What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Platinum Girl Scout Cookies

Snype

Veteran
It seems like the other GSC thread is all about the Forum and Animal cut. I went through the thread looking for more info on the Platinum cut and it's very difficult weeding through all the information. Seems like the Platinum GSC cut should have it's own little home for information. Anyone who has information or pictures of the Platinum GSC cut, please feel free to contribute.

Let's start out with some pics in VEG:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

This cut seems to be very slow in VEG. This cut is over a month old.

Here's some quotes that I found useful from Yes4Prop215's old GSC thread:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=199927&do=filter&fid=359928

yea i would venture that both the platinum and the OGKB are the same cut...of course we cant be for sure until a DNA analysis is done, they could be phenos popped from the same batch of seeds.., similar to how the SD guys and their dubb cuts are similar (odub, adub, etc) but lets see some dry pics of your platinum so we can compare to norcals OGKB samples...

looks like a cool plant...on an interesting note, i snuck a platinum GSC plant into a forum cut tray, and it got DWARFED by the forum....the forum cuts all stretched above the platinum and shadowed it under the canopy, it barely grew at all, even now at 50 days its still only 1 foot tall and is barely flowering, looks like its stuck at week 3, so basically worthless and will have to be culled....so sucks i wont have a legit sample of platinum to show off.

this is my first time growing both plants i wont have bud shots til after the 30th when i chop! yeah the forum stretched like a beast and the platinum barely stretched at all, i just lst'd the shit outa it to open the canopy and all the tops popped up

I'll be editing this post with more information as I find it.

TrinZilla

Our Platinum Cookies is so slow to veg... It has to be lifted up to the canopy (with an empty pot, or such) to even have a chance, and still... it's so slow. Anyone tried keeping a hydro mom of this cut? Might be able to veg faster (which would probably still be slow)? Crappy pics to follow at soonish...

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
what's happening with your platinum? do you know if it's from DHN or what it's back story is?

I'm dying to try some alongside the OGKB. it will be cool to see how that flowers. good luck!

Snype

Veteran
what's happening with your platinum? do you know if it's from DHN or what it's back story is?

I'm dying to try some alongside the OGKB. it will be cool to see how that flowers. good luck!

She's still in VEG under T5's. She's getting ready to go into the 4,000 watt HPS room within the next 10 days to continue vegging with the next crop. We're in the middle of harvesting that room now so we have to finish first.

The person who gave me the cut said it was the real PGSC clone only. It went down the line of certain members so I have to assume it's whatever the clone only real one is.

Still a long ways a way to see some buds from her. Probably mid March is when she'll be around 15 days of flower. Lots of waiting. I'll be taking some cuts off of her real soon a future test crop.

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
Platinum is a pretty slow vegging plant. For instance I usually veg for 6 weeks in my style of growing (1 plant per light, 30-45 gallon pots of soil) but with the Platinum I feel like I have to do more like 8 weeks to get it to fill the space proper. I top early and then try to leave it alone until I drop the screen on them.

It seems to like ample root space in order to grow at a reasonable speed. I try to be really on top of it with transplanting so they never stall out. Some strains will show you a droopy leaf or other sign of distress when they get root bound but these plats seem to just slow their roll big time without giving you an obvious sign of distress.

I think they like to stay a little more on the moist side vs. drying out too much between each watering. They definitely like more humidity vs. less during veg. I try to stay on top of it with foliar feedings as well to keep them rolling along.

Some things I do like about this cut:

Easy to clone.
Fairly resistant to pests/mold.
Solid structure compared to super lanky OG's.
Obviously the finished quality is high and with good conditions it's possible to grow some pretty fat cookie nugs.

All that said, it's pretty easy to mess up and end up with a bunch of popcorn. This plant is never going to yield like crazy compared to many other strains but I think it can be decent if done right.

Heat is enemy #1 IMO. Raise those lights up during flowering. If your side branches have fatter, more connected buds than your center branches, your lights are too low.

#2 enemy is over fertilization. I grow in amended soil so I don't have to feed heavily but even so I have botched it before and gone too strong with the bloom food. I've watched my buddies growing this one in coco and they always overfeed it, resulting in segmented tops and sub par quality.

My feeling is that if you keep your temps in check and your plants are healthy they can handle a little more food. Likewise if your feeding is on point they will be able to handle a little higher temps. When they get overfed and overheated is when things really go sideways in my experience.

5 weeks veg. Just transplanted into a 45 a few days ago, watered in caps bennies and they're starting to take off.
picture.php

Last round.
picture.php

picture.php

Two rounds back (not my best but not my worst either).
picture.php

aligee

Veteran
theres two platinum cuts out West, DHN platinum cookies which resembles/looks like ogkb & grows like a snail, then theres a cut from Kyle kushman's Buds and Roses collective in LA called platinum cookies that won a Hightimes cup last year that cut looks just like the forum cut and nothing like ogkb,from here it looks like you have the Buds and Roses collective cut!

Snype

Veteran
theres two platinum cuts out West, DHN platinum cookies which resembles/looks like ogkb & grows like a snail, then theres a cut from Kyle kushman's Buds and Roses collective in LA called platinum cookies that won a Hightimes cup last year that cut looks just like the forum cut and nothing like ogkb,from here it looks like you have the Buds and Roses collective cut!

Are you saying that the VEG plant in the first post looks like the Buds and Roses Collective Cut or are you talking to Silver Mullet?

aligee

Veteran
Are you saying that the VEG plant in the first post looks like the Buds and Roses Collective Cut or are you talking to Silver Mullet?

my bad im referring to your thread and the pic you just put up,if your on IG checkout my boy "MakinGoo" he runs FORUM,ANIMAL,OGKB,PLATINUM,AND RASPBERRY COOKIES, good luck cookies are def on the other coast shes been spread wide n far good herb and Great breeding stock gsc is!

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
Snype have you flowered out your cut yet?

The veg pics you posted look very similar to what I have but it's hard to be sure.

Snype

Veteran
Snype have you flowered out your cut yet?

The veg pics you posted look very similar to what I have but it's hard to be sure.

I haven't flowered her out yet. I'm taking clones of her today and then she's going to VEG for another few weeks before she gets flowered.

aligee

Veteran
aligee thanks for the heads up. that instagram account is makin_goo and the guy really knows how to grow some cooks!

Yes Sir we n crew will be at the HT CUP this weekend with cookie DANK , also check out his Huge cookie thread on the Farm lots of great info and pics!

spaceboy

Just found a few seeds in some platinum cookies yesterday. Think im gonna go sprout them after seeing tue ogkb 2.0 thread.

grouchy

Platinum is a pretty slow vegging plant. For instance I usually veg for 6 weeks in my style of growing (1 plant per light, 30-45 gallon pots of soil) but with the Platinum I feel like I have to do more like 8 weeks to get it to fill the space proper. I top early and then try to leave it alone until I drop the screen on them.

It seems to like ample root space in order to grow at a reasonable speed. I try to be really on top of it with transplanting so they never stall out. Some strains will show you a droopy leaf or other sign of distress when they get root bound but these plats seem to just slow their roll big time without giving you an obvious sign of distress.

I think they like to stay a little more on the moist side vs. drying out too much between each watering. They definitely like more humidity vs. less during veg. I try to stay on top of it with foliar feedings as well to keep them rolling along.

Some things I do like about this cut:

Easy to clone.
Fairly resistant to pests/mold.
Solid structure compared to super lanky OG's.
Obviously the finished quality is high and with good conditions it's possible to grow some pretty fat cookie nugs.

All that said, it's pretty easy to mess up and end up with a bunch of popcorn. This plant is never going to yield like crazy compared to many other strains but I think it can be decent if done right.

Heat is enemy #1 IMO. Raise those lights up during flowering. If your side branches have fatter, more connected buds than your center branches, your lights are too low.

#2 enemy is over fertilization. I grow in amended soil so I don't have to feed heavily but even so I have botched it before and gone too strong with the bloom food. I've watched my buddies growing this one in coco and they always overfeed it, resulting in segmented tops and sub par quality.

My feeling is that if you keep your temps in check and your plants are healthy they can handle a little more food. Likewise if your feeding is on point they will be able to handle a little higher temps. When they get overfed and overheated is when things really go sideways in my experience.

5 weeks veg. Just transplanted into a 45 a few days ago, watered in caps bennies and they're starting to take off. View Image

Last round.
View Image
View Image

Two rounds back (not my best but not my worst either).
View Image
If too much light, heat and nutes seem to stall it I would wonder if it might need higher co2 levels to keep pumping out flowers. Maybe it is just co2 deprived and can't utilize what's available. Has anyone tried it with high co2 levels?

goldie76

Just picked up some nightmare cookies with the platnimum GCS can't wait to get them up! Thanks for the great shots!
g